Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
    I'm 47 and also a huge fan (books though - movies are ok but not as good).
    Are you in the Hogwarts challenge?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    About cilantro: I love it more than life. I put it in EVERYTHING.Onions too. And lemon. And tomatoes. And garlic. I love heavily seasoned food--I'm such a typical Arab. ;)
    I must be a typical Arab too - I also love all those foods!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

You are not terrible! Do what makes you happy! You will change your mind when you are a grandma! I sure did!
    I also am not crazy about other people's little kids. I'll love grandchildren though!
  • seosaimhin
    seosaimhin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I cry so easily and I hate myself for it and I constantly embarrass myself because of this. I wish I could control it.
    I used to go in to the office and when my boss said Good Morning I would burst into tears for no known reason. For me it's severe anxiety - please consider seeing a doctor - feeling out of control is so suck and my heart is with you!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I'm so sorry to hear that. This is exactly how I am at work at the moment as well. Hugs!
    Hoping you both feel better soon. Here are some happy goats for you:
    2d6k3t1sg63l.gif

• Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

Why is there even a "lemon water thread" ??
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

Why is there even a "lemon water thread" ??

Because people get bored on Fridays and ask questions they know will get all the usual suspects' panties in a twist.
  • Mcd9006
    Mcd9006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Triplestep wrote: »
    I haven't eaten dinner yet. I have about 555 calories left in my day, and I'm about to spend them all on popcorn and pinot grigio. :wink:
    Oh I so do this too.

• Sch614
    Options
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

I feel like shape wear, leggings etc is worse for my self esteem than trying on bathing suits! And I'm convinced that kohls has one evil mirror that I found today that makes people ( or maybe just me!) look very large! Not sure of their motivation though!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would use a bit of coconut oil in cooking...if I could get the damn jar open. XD

I've gotten it open once or twice, but now it's a lost cause. lol.

Next time you get it open put it in Tupperware :)

...and use some of it to pop some popcorn. Coconuty salty popcorn.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

No way are you terrible. I do have young kids still, and I am not really a fan of most other kids. I only babysit for a very select group lol.
  • seosaimhin
    seosaimhin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Confession: Sometimes I go to pro-ana sites and wish I looked like they do.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »

I feel like shape wear, leggings etc is worse for my self esteem than trying on bathing suits! And I'm convinced that kohls has one evil mirror that I found today that makes people ( or maybe just me!) look very large! Not sure of their motivation though!!
    I'd like to think that's the case, but doesn't it normally go the other way?
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.
  • Sch614
    Options
    I have a 10K tomorrow that I have not trained for, and it's supposed to rain. If my mom and sister were not also signed up, I would totally bail. Not going to be a fun race.

Good luck! Do you normally run? Maybe the excitement of the race and spectators will get your adrenaline going and the miles wil fly by. Here's hoping!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I have been busy this week with work and after work activities that I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Today I had my gall bladder out (currently in the recovery room) and figured now was as good as time as any to get caught up as i am reading posts from monday morning.

Speedy recovery!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

udhtwdnr71ui.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
    I'm 47 and also a huge fan (books though - movies are ok but not as good).
    Are you in the Hogwarts challenge?

Definitely a book fan and not the movies! I have them all but haven't watched them in years they don't even come close to the books! No I'm not, what is that?!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

udhtwdnr71ui.jpg

That looks just like me. ;)