Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I'm going on a road trip. It is about 3,000 miles in four days of driving with a day of rest in the middle. I'll be in four or five (depending upon route, maybe six, but probably no more than five) states. It is me, a child, two dogs. Taking one kid to grandma/pa and picking up the other. Please wish me safe travels... that's a lot of driving.

That's 4 LONG days of driving! Be safe!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm really feeling like i don't want to go to the gym this afternoon. I feel tired, and my knees are very creaky, stiff and sore. But i do want to do something, so i don't hit the fat slob slippery slope. Help!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I'm really feeling like i don't want to go to the gym this afternoon. I feel tired, and my knees are very creaky, stiff and sore. But i do want to do something, so i don't hit the fat slob slippery slope. Help!

Could you go for a walk somewhere since it'll be daylight for hours yet. And it's so windy at the moment, it will surely count as more exercise than usual. I bet you could call it resistance training.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

Could you go for a walk somewhere since it'll be daylight for hours yet. And it's so windy at the moment, it will surely count as more exercise than usual. I bet you could call it resistance training.

That would be my suggestion... a nice brisk knee-friendly walk, somewhere with engaging scenery to keep you entertained mentally.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I had a Target giftcard to use, so I stopped in to pick up some things I needed for my exam this weekend, and general household stuff. I also picked a pair of workout capris (pair #15, or so - obsession!)...and a pair of SIZE FOUR jeans. They are still VERY snug and totally muffin top-inducing, but they technically both zip and button so...

It counts! and I adore Target..I could live in that store for real!

Oh how I love Target! I will drive 30 minutes out of my way to go there, simply because I HATE walmart! Reminds me of a saying I saw somewhere, "Target: where you spend a little more just to avoid going to Walmart." :lol:
    Oh god, I've had so many crappy trips to Wal Mart. We went to one we don't normally go to on a recent trip and someone started yelling and telling people not to look at her because they wouldn't sue her. :s

HEB is my favorite grocery store. I do love Target apparel though!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

This was me yesterday. I was exhausted and didn't want to do my kettlebell workout. But I pushed through it and actually had a killer workout. But honestly...the only reason I worked out was because I had 45 minutes to kill until my dinner was ready! Lol.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job so I get up and take a little walk a couple times a day. There's a long hallway that leads to the back parking lot so I usually go down the hallway, down the stairs then turn around and come back up. The last 2 days, I went down the stairs and then right out the door, partway around the building and back in another entrance. I feel like the stairs would be better for my legs but the sun and fresh air is better for my soul.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had a Target giftcard to use, so I stopped in to pick up some things I needed for my exam this weekend, and general household stuff. I also picked a pair of workout capris (pair #15, or so - obsession!)...and a pair of SIZE FOUR jeans. They are still VERY snug and totally muffin top-inducing, but they technically both zip and button so...

YAY! That's absolutely awesome and you should wear those muffin top-inducing jeans proudly!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Oh how I love Target! I will drive 30 minutes out of my way to go there, simply because I HATE walmart! Reminds me of a saying I saw somewhere, "Target: where you spend a little more just to avoid going to Walmart." :lol:
    Oh god, I've had so many crappy trips to Wal Mart. We went to one we don't normally go to on a recent trip and someone started yelling and telling people not to look at her because they wouldn't sue her. :s

HEB is my favorite grocery store. I do love Target apparel though!

What is HEB?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

This is probably why prenatal vitamins are important - just saying.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#

I can't imagine paying three quarters of a million dollars for a 3 bedroom duplex. It's bad in California, but that's downright insane. Where I am, that would buy you 8 fully detached ones.

... well, that is quite depressing. 8 detached houses? Clearly, I'm in the wrong country.

yes, but there is a world of difference in the construction of houses in the UK and US. When we were in Texas a few years back, looking at houses, we went to a huge lot, which has houses of every shape and size....they get loaded on a flatbed truck and driven to your plot of land. Essentially they were porta-cabins**! Needless to say, we didn't proceed.

**Disclaimer i know its not like that everywhere in America. I just found it amusing

This is true. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most American houses are timber construction aren't they? I remember staying in a holiday house in Florida. It was MASSIVE and beautiful but all wood, which I found really odd considering its kind of hurricaney (yes, hurricaney) in Florida and it felt like it would just... blow away.

Depends on what part of the country you are in. Oustide of large cities, most are wood frame with lots of different outer makeup. Some brick, some stone, some wood. They vary on foundation as well. Some concrete slab, some pier and beam and the mobile home on wheels.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    3 of the swimsuits and the swimsuit cover came from Amazon yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, I was asked to "model" them.

The first one I tried on barley covered my nipples and I feared my boob would pop out if I made any sudden movements. It was a really cute navy with white polka dots suit and it was my husband's favorite.

The second one was just like the one I found on Anthropologie's website, but it was a lot less expensive. I shimmied into it and had him tie the halter. It fit perfectly and made my butt look amazing. I was really excited.

The third one was a little strange. It was like a mini dress with a bikini bottom attached. The back was really cute and when I pulled the skirt down a little bit, it made my butt look amazing. The top where the two cups met was a little messed up or I probably would have kept it.

I am due to get the final one today. I am most excited about it. I hope this works. http://www.amazon.com/Cocoship-Vintage-Monokinis-Halter-Swimsuit/dp/B00TI5BMYG/ref=pd_sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZWTW24XMYZ5XAWWN296

My husband also said he was going to buy me another swimsuit cover.

Every day I get a little bit more excited about our trip. Especially now that I have at least one really cute swimsuit.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#

I can't imagine paying three quarters of a million dollars for a 3 bedroom duplex. It's bad in California, but that's downright insane. Where I am, that would buy you 8 fully detached ones.

... well, that is quite depressing. 8 detached houses? Clearly, I'm in the wrong country.

yes, but there is a world of difference in the construction of houses in the UK and US. When we were in Texas a few years back, looking at houses, we went to a huge lot, which has houses of every shape and size....they get loaded on a flatbed truck and driven to your plot of land. Essentially they were porta-cabins**! Needless to say, we didn't proceed.

**Disclaimer i know its not like that everywhere in America. I just found it amusing

This is true. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most American houses are timber construction aren't they? I remember staying in a holiday house in Florida. It was MASSIVE and beautiful but all wood, which I found really odd considering its kind of hurricaney (yes, hurricaney) in Florida and it felt like it would just... blow away.

Depends on what part of the country you are in. Oustide of large cities, most are wood frame with lots of different outer makeup. Some brick, some stone, some wood. They vary on foundation as well. Some concrete slab, some pier and beam and the mobile home on wheels.

Ah ok, the other reason I thought this was whenever we see all the horrific photos after tornadoes and hurricanes all you see is wood everywhere and the foundations where they once stood. :disappointed:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    3 of the swimsuits and the swimsuit cover came from Amazon yesterday. As soon as I walked in the door, I was asked to "model" them.

The first one I tried on barley covered my nipples and I feared my boob would pop out if I made any sudden movements. It was a really cute navy with white polka dots suit and it was my husband's favorite.

The second one was just like the one I found on Anthropologie's website, but it was a lot less expensive. I shimmied into it and had him tie the halter. It fit perfectly and made my butt look amazing. I was really excited.

The third one was a little strange. It was like a mini dress with a bikini bottom attached. The back was really cute and when I pulled the skirt down a little bit, it made my butt look amazing. The top where the two cups met was a little messed up or I probably would have kept it.

I am due to get the final one today. I am most excited about it. I hope this works. http://www.amazon.com/Cocoship-Vintage-Monokinis-Halter-Swimsuit/dp/B00TI5BMYG/ref=pd_sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZWTW24XMYZ5XAWWN296

Every day I get a little bit more excited about our trip. Especially now that I have at least one really cute swimsuit.

Oh my, I want! That is so cute!! I wonder if I can get that in England?

Edit: And of course the one your husband liked was the most revealing :lol:
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Oh my, I want! That is so cute!! I wonder if I can get that in England?

Edit: And of course the one your husband liked was the most revealing :lol:

I want that one too! Maybe try amazon UK?

I have a beach vacation coming in August and I want a suit exactly like that!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/
  • Kalici
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I haven't washed my hands after going to the bathroom. Then shook this dude's hand whom I really dislike.

This is why I don't shake hands. Some people get really offended when you don't as well.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Ah ok, the other reason I thought this was whenever we see all the horrific photos after tornadoes and hurricanes all you see is wood everywhere and the foundations where they once stood. :disappointed:

You may have seen the pictures of the Texas coastline after Hurricane Ike. Most of the homes there were wiped completely away. That was a scary sight.
  • lrobinson1984
    lrobinson1984 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just binged on 4 chocolate chip brioche rolls, and 8 chocolate cookies
  • Kalici
    Options
    I have never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

You can fix this, you know. It's never too late. Don't be deceived by the craptastic movie adaptations out there.

The book is great, as is the original radio series (it was a radio series before it was a book I think).

I have the big blue omnibus. It is ridiculously hard to read! I think you could probably kill a small country with it.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

I love Target too...my husband thinks I'm crazy because I could spend hours there!