Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

This may have already been answered, but...

You do bench, rows and squats on Day One.

Then deadlift, OHP and squats on Day Two.

Then go back to Day One, rinse and repeat.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ETA: If you don't know how to do one of the lifts correctly, Youtube it.

I confess the main reason I don't want to bother with that is because there's only one squat rack at my gym and I loathe having to wait in line to use equipment.

The squat rack at my gym is almost always open. (I do get p!ssed if I have to wait, though.)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.

Next time, just look at them, blank faced, and say, "wow, you must be really embarrassed that you just said that out loud."

I love that response so much! I wish I were that quick-thinking. I find people lose their intimacy filter in general towards pregnant women. If anyone tries touching my belly uninvited, I will touch theirs back and see how they like it. Or perhaps invite them to fondle my husbands testes, since they also played an important part in this pregnancy.

It's useful in a lot of situations:
    Wow, you need to eat a cookie!
    Are you anorexic?
    You don't need to lose any more.
    Are you sure you need to eat that (while eating anything that isn't celery)?
    Your boobs are getting really big/small!

and non-food related:
    So did you get a raise too?
    It must be nice to stay home and do nothing all day!
    It must be nice to have someone else change all the diapers while you're at work all day!
    Is your child autistic?

BTW, 270 posts and it's not even Friday yet, what are you people doing all day???? Will have 9 pages to go when I get back.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Confession - I'm always checking Petfinder, even though I can't really have another pet right now (our dog hates dogs, and my cat still goes outside and I want our next cats to be indoor).

I check Petfinder for pigs regularly. Even though we can't possibly get one, I think they're adorable.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession: As you all might know (due to all the food-related confessions I've been dumping in here...), I've gained quite a bit of weight over my low weight since March. I've gained about 10 kilos, to put a number on it, and I'm just getting back on the wagon. :-/

So, after two days eating under my goal, here's how today's weigh-in went: I went to pee (of course), then hopped on the scale in my underclothes. I got a 70.0 and I thought to myself, "I am SO CLOSE to breaking into the 60s again!" This in mind, I became a little bit desperate. So, I turned to my husband and said... "You know what? I'm going to try to pee some more."

He, of course, stared at me like I was crazy. "How in the world do you pee some more?!" I ignored him and went to attempt it, not that it was particularly successful... Is this TMI? ;)

Afterwards, I stripped down and weighed without my underclothes to get rid of every gram of extra weight that I could possibly shed. The scale was kind and measured me at 69.9. So then I go... "YAY! I BROKE INTO THE SIXTIES AGAIN! BOOYAH!" ;) It counts, right?

It 100% does! I weigh myself with nothing but my glasses on and that's just because I can't see the scale without them. :smiley:

I weigh myself with my glasses off, then step off the scale and put them back on to read it. >:) My scale keeps the reading on the screen for at least five minutes, so I can get away with not wearing my glasses. I'm sure they'd add TONS of weight to the reading, like... 40 whole grams or something! ;)

I weigh myself with my bracelet on and nothing else. AFTER determining my bracelet weighs .2 ounces. Which I always subtract!

I take off my wedding ring, necklace (if I'm wearing one), glasses, and even hair-ties when I'm desperate for a good weigh-in! I joked to my husband today that I should have clipped my nails, shaved my legs, and blown my nose before weighing again... ;)

I can definitely tell you are feeling better today...actually yesterday...because you are cracking me up!

One more question regarding the prayers that you say. Is it a specific prayer at each time or is it to give thanks for things in your life or do you pray for people you know?

The prayer is a ritual that remains the same, regardless of which prayer it is. We have three segments: The standing, ruku' (bowing), and sujood (prostration). During each segment, we speak specific words of praise and glorify God, giving thanks and asking for guidance and mercy. We can recite any chapter we wish from the Qur'an during the standing segment, but we have to begin with a certain one called "The Opening", or "Al-Fatiha". The differences in the prayers are the number of repetitions, or rakaat, that we perform, as well as the recommended length of recitation to be made during each prayer.

When the prayer is over, we say dua (supplications) if we wish to. This is where we can ask God for money, children, whatever aid we might need or wishes we might have, and pray for our friends and family as well in our own words. Dua is considered very powerful, and is called "The weapon of the believer". :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of this- I've learned some things in school and met a few people who were practicing Muslims but was always too uncomfortable to ask such questions thinking they may find me intrusive and rude. I really appreciate learning all of this about you and your religion/culture it's really neat!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

Do you have weight machines at your gym? Maybe start with those and then work your way up to free weights. I'm not a fan of programs though. I have a sheet that I take to the gym with me and fill in the weight, sets, and reps that I do on each machine. That's what works for me.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Why? I am only 5'7" and it is insanely difficult finding a man of appropriate height (yes i am that shallow). Though I do not think I would want to be shorter... so never mind. Tallk people ftw

I'm 5'9", and my husband is the first guy I dated that was taller than me. For whatever reason, the only men who were ever interested in me were always shorter than me. ESPECIALLY when I was out dancing!

5'9 also and never cared about my previous partners' heights. Not that I used any better criteria for picking them, lol. Anyway. I've dated shorter, but never significantly taller until current SO. In fact, the most common height was 5'11, which is only 2" taller than me and shorter when I wear heels (often).

I'm 5'9 and my husband claims 5'7 (although I think it's really 5'6 and change).
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:
    Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.
    Pfft. I'm pretty good at dealing with insects. It gets very annoying having someone scream at you to get rid of a tiny zebra spider before it eats them.

I can't do spiders. Period. I took kiddo and nephew to the zoo last week and there was a tarantula on exhibit. Naturally, both kids wanted to see it, I had a panic attack! It can be embarrassing, but not as much as my catfish phobia (and I mean the actual fish) lol.

You should see me at the lake. I am constantly moving my legs, and if something brushes against me I run to the shore so fast... I'm terrified of fish touching me. Any fish.

So I'm not the only one! I had to write an essay about classical conditioning and phobias in psychology once and I wrote about my catfish phobia. My professor actually told me later he had never heard of that before and thought it funny, but unique haha!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I conned my boss into giving me tomorrow off! I may book a massage!!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    IamMicah wrote: »
    "Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats.

We keep bees on our property and it's pretty awesome. We had a nice honey harvest last year with 4 hives, so we expanded to 8 this year. They're all pretty active; so far, so good!

I would love to have goats! And chickens!
    I have 4 hives and a Nuc Split this year... My plan was to get a single hive. Now Im collecting swarms and doing a trapout on a friends home. Sadly Ive become more addicted to their incredible beehavior and fascinating daily activities.

How could one not?! -- they're incredible! :)
    Indeed. Even my wasp-phobic daughter is learning to love bees.
    ETA: 'Git' is kind of English for 'jerk'.
    8czk3gsj0195.jpg
    The wasps around my area are a lot more chill than the carpenter bees to be honest.

Plus, fig wasps are the only fig pollinators out there. That alone is enough to for wasps to be alright in my book. :wink:

Twist of irony, hubby works in pest control, can handle just about every type of insect/spider and rodent. He's absolutely terrified of flying bugs (bees, flies, etc), and this is busy season for "bee jobs" and the like. It's absolutely hilarious to see this grown man running around and shrieking at a fly or bee. :laugh:
    To add, he finds it funny too, and laughs at it as well. Just so I'm not sounding like an *kitten* wife lol.

Funny! I will run shrieking from a bee mainly because I'm allergic, but not a fly. Goodness, what does he do at a picnic? Not making fun of him! Just a funny scenario in my head.

Same thing, runs and shrieks lol. Everyone's used to it by now, and we're all good natured about it. But, now that there's someone else with a weird phobia (aka yours truly) he doesn't get messed with as much anymore.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Every time I do Zumba my cat sits and stares at me. When I'm done she meows like crazy and follows me around to get my attention, but she doesn't ever interrupt me while I'm actually exercising. So I find myself wondering if she is thinking something along the lines of, "Uhoh, she got into the catnip again. I've had days like those" and just lets me get on with it.
  • gevaisa
    gevaisa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    half the time i forget to put on deo when going to the gym and i pray no one notices

(they probably do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I was like that too- I always make the effort to remember people's birthday and call them and say happy birthday (YES I CAN REMEMBER BIRTHDAYS WITHOUT FACEBOOK) sorry for the caps but it just makes me so sad that I feel like no one ever remembers my birthday anymore (except my family) since I don't have facebook. I used to go above and beyond and try and put thoughts into gifts but it was tiring when no one else seemed to do the same :(

exactly.
    just to prove myself right (and maybe a spec of self torture) i took my birthday off of facebook a few months prior to it. previous year? over 50 happy b-days. this past year? FOUR. i friggin hate facebook...
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm still 6 pages behind but wanted to jump in and say (((big hugs))) @Italian_Buju . I'm sorry you had to make that decision. Lots of love.

I want to say I'm learning so much in this thread... hula hoops and flapjacks all new meanings to me. Interesting stuff.
    Another observation the last few pages- I love how because this thread is for confessions- random people come in throw out a confession and never come back. A lot of times it's their first post. I guess they just had to get it off their chest.
  • Alma102724
    Alma102724 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! It's funny but not in a "ha ha you did that." type of way, more of a "ha ha, I thought I was the only one!" Ok here goes my confession, Sometimes I eat very little (8 - 900 calories) and still go to the gym. When I get off the treadmill I get really dizzy but tell myself that it's just because I'm winded. :neutral: Then I go home and to make up for my caloric deficiency I'll binge on something not so healthy like some sweat bread with a glass of milk or something sweet like that.

I suck at eating right. I don't know how to balance my meals. :neutral:
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Why? I am only 5'7" and it is insanely difficult finding a man of appropriate height (yes i am that shallow). Though I do not think I would want to be shorter... so never mind. Tallk people ftw

I'm 5'9", and my husband is the first guy I dated that was taller than me. For whatever reason, the only men who were ever interested in me were always shorter than me. ESPECIALLY when I was out dancing!

I'm 5'9" too, and my husband is 6'7". Many years ago I tried to date a guy who was shorter than me, but I just felt huge next to him and I couldn't imagine taking that feeling into the bedroom. Shut it down.

i've totally had this issue. i tried dating a dude that was a spec shorter than me, but also had a really really small frame. i felt enormous 24/7 and this was AFTER i lost a bunch of weight. it was just way too awkward.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I conned my boss into giving me tomorrow off! I may book a massage!!!

Get on the phone right now and schedule one! Enjoy your day off!
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    Confession - I'm always checking Petfinder, even though I can't really have another pet right now (our dog hates dogs, and my cat still goes outside and I want our next cats to be indoor).

ditto!
    i can barely handle the two lil beasts i have now, but i'm still always looking on petfinder...
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

Yep! But the person that was in the bathroom first has dibs and the second person must leave the bathroom as quickly as possible and find another bathroom.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    JennaAraza wrote: »
    I went hiking this weekend and when i jumped over a
    Log, and landed with both feet on the ground, and didnt fall or trip, my arm fat gave me a round of applause!

I've confessed before...my butt claps when I do jumping jacks.

I remember that and it made me laugh the second time too!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess I do not feel like taking my son to the circus tonight. Tired, grumpy and that TOM bleh