Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)

Yum! So did you have any?

Nope, I used it on a lovely bag of Salt & Vinegar potato chips instead. Totally worth it. And then I bought some really awesome ice cream, which I've budgeted in today. So, I get both! ;)

Yeah! Sweet & salty:D. The best of both worlds. Did you eat some sweet & then chase it with a chip?

I hate sweet and savory combined, actually. Like some others in this thread, the idea of fruit in stuffing, salads, etc. is gross to me. :-/ (Not judging anyone who likes it, of course--just my personal taste. :))

And to get in on all the other conversations that I missed out on... I hate barbecue sauce because it's sweet, I can't stand ketchup for the same reason, and I don't put brown sugar or ketchup in my sloppy joes sauce, either. It has to be one or the other! :o To further scandalize everyone, I also hate buffalo wings/barbecued chicken wings because they're so sweet.

BUT, I did get a steak and cheese sub with my chips, and THAT was delicious. Yum!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 you know the thread hero moniker might stck. I always look forward to your captions!
    Only if I get to wear a cool costume. With a cape. There has to be a cape.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 you know the thread hero moniker might stck. I always look forward to your captions!

And it has to be pink because, you know, on Wednesdays we wear pink!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.

And it seems to have nothing to do with general weight loss tips...which is the forum it is in ...interesting
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

This is exactly me. Like, every word. Except that my husband is even more introverted, so we're happy homebodies. :) Our families don't appreciate this. Apparently we're supposed to encourage each other to visit more often... Or something.

@LBuehrle8 I'm around! I'm just really, really tired today and pretty much laid around doing absolutely nothing. I have terrible insomnia and I haven't slept properly in a week, as mentioned earlier. As for the baked goods... My husband and I ate them all without taking pictures! :o I made chocolate chip cookies, the same ones I posted in the thread with that suggestion of mac and cheese... I was very craven. ;)

@BZAH10 I do venture into threads often, as long as they don't look like dumpster fire threads--I don't participate in those because I don't want to be caught in the cross fire. :)

It was nice to be asked about! It's currently 2.54 AM and fasting starts in 20 minutes. I've had my suhoor (pre-fasting meal) already... Still can't sleep. :-/ Tomorrow's gonna be a ball. Well, today actually. *sigh*

You're a great part of the thread! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble sleeping, I'd give you some of my sleepiness if I could as I have plenty to go around!

I so admire you for your religion and keeping so strict to Ramadan :)

Confession: I've never fasted in my life though there were supposed to be times for my religion I should have
    :/
    I have, and hated every minute of it. I found it interesting when Susie explained that being (or at least trying to be) cheerful and non-resentful about the fast is a big part of it.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.

Family/friends always wanted me to do the stuffing-with-raisins thing, which revolts me. But I found a way around it. I started making a jalapeno corn bread stuffing instead. Everyone loved it, and there's no question that raisins wouldn't work in it, so nobody asks for the damned things now.

I do love other dried fruits in combination with both sweet and savory dishes, though - apples, apricots, pineapple, mango - there are so many lovely choices.

A few years ago my grandmother told me she puts liver in her stuffing & then takes it out when it's done cooking & I could've went my whole life without knowing that.

She also makes the worst tasting pumpkin pie. She basically just takes a can of pumpkin & puts it in a crust & doesn't add any seasonings. Disgusting!
    Neither of those sounds very appealing :s
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

Make yourself feel better--go look at MY diary. :'(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.
  • Tubbs216
    edited June 2015
    Options

And it has to be pink because, you know, on Wednesdays we wear pink!
    Do we?
    Edit: Ah, got it. Took me a minute!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

And it seems to have nothing to do with general weight loss tips...which is the forum it is in ...interesting
    Eh, eventually we'll get back around to talking about weight loss. We always do.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

I love that! $80 is a bargain regardless why you bought it.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Yes, yes we do!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    iqtqh8dkkod7.jpg
    Yes!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

I love that! $80 is a bargain regardless why you bought it.
    Thanks! Isn't it pretty? Also, it's a double, which won't fit any of the beds in our house (but would be perfect for an RV queen bed), so there's that too. :#
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

LOL!

I love those memes & memes in general.

9b2659b9ea1f6e871eecf3ccb3daf509.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

I'm hungry just looking at that... lol.

When I lost weight at 20 it was some ridiculous diet (with a dietitian) where you basically restrict everything but 'fromage frais' (kinda like Greek yogurt but not bitter) and veggies the first 2 weeks, and add something new every week... a piece of meat at lunch, then a piece of meat for dinner etc. I lost 20 pounds very fast, then real life happened and I couldn't stick to it anymore and I gained it all back plus friends. Didn't learn a thing, lol. And I cheated too.. I was eating those packs of 'diet' cookies in secret in my car.

I had my son when I was 20. I used the grapefruit diet to take off the baby weight. I can't remember all of the details, but I do remember being hangry all the time.

Is 'hangry' a thing? Like hungry/angry? ? If so that's hilarious and I'm going to start using it!

Totally! The one day my sister told me to eat something since she knows I get hangry. The way she said it sounded like it should've been in a Snickers commercial.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

Ahhh...the thread hero.
    Cliche meme used predictably.
    Cat gif coming too?

f68abe8df62df2e4303a095e7e37c93a.jpg

3025fb4b6feebd1c56de96bd00c1d914.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Grumpy cat is my hero <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Good luck @Susieq_1994 get some sleep! It aids in weight loss- my weight loss tip for the day!

(See what I did there? ;):p )