Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Susie great job on the stairs! I ran 60 min! So we are each good on one goal!

You know I was thinking as I was running we make fun of ourselves for scaring off the men but if I was a guy I would love this thread. It gives you a lot of insight into a woman's mind!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 - That was Super Great on doing the stairs!! Yay you!
    @xLoveLikeWinterx - great on the talking and super great on the 30 lbs!
    @pofoster21 - Super great run!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to catch up

@orangesmartie yay for a meetup! It sounds so awesome! I'm jealous!

@nonoelmo hurray for NSVs!!!!! You rock!!!!

@pofoster21 yay for coming home!

I would also like to say that directly because of this thread, I talked to DH last night (and there was no yelling and/or crying involved lol) and we WILL be getting a cleaning service. I'm calling today to schedule the initial intake or whatever. I need the help and I'm tired of feeling like I can't even enjoy my kids bc I'm always working. I will make room in the budget for it. If it delays me upgrading my car, then so be it. It will be worth it.

Didn't have the dog convo yet, but I did sorta bring up the subject of the car. Some forward progress was made but he got a little huffy about, "I'm doing the best I can, I'm only 27 with 2 kids so I don't know how to adult" and I shut down. I have no cares that his co-workers don't have kids. He does, he needs to man up. So in lieu of an argument I stopped talking and went for a walk outside.

AND I'm officially down 30 lb today!!!! WOOT!!!!! 10 lb to goal and then I'll adjust again, but I'm 3/4 done with my initial loss!! I'm concentrating on that today :)

Awesome on the confrontation!! I can just imagine how challenging that was--you did a wonderful job and you're super great! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Tiny confession - I want to leave my diary as is for as long as possible right now. I haven't logged any food and my fitbit has given me 1 extra calorie to eat - so I'm sitting at -1 calories for the day and it's amusing me for some reason.

Those of you in the fitbit challenge - you won't see an update from me for a bit - my battery is dying and I'm not going to sync until I get home.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Susie great job on the stairs! I ran 60 min! So we are each good on one goal!

You know I was thinking as I was running we make fun of ourselves for scaring off the men but if I was a guy I would love this thread. It gives you a lot of insight into a woman's mind!

We're super great and super awesome! ;) I'm actually seriously considering going and doing it again.

True! But the mind of a woman is a terribly scary place. >:)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!! I went down cautiously at first and saw that nobody was outside of the apartments, so I went all out: I CLIMBED NINE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS!!!! :smiley:

I admit that I was lazy and went down in the elevator the second time, then climbed back up the three flights, took the elevator back down, repeat. :p At least I did the "up" part, right? ;)

Sooo much awesomeness! WELL DONE!!

Yes, going up stairs is the hard part, that's the one that counts.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Oh I also confess after taking a 32 mile bike ride and push mowing the front & back lawns yesterday, I justifiably bought a box of chocolate covered twinkies and ate the whole box of 9 through the afternoon and in to the night. None lasted until morning. (cant have my moment of weakness infect another day!)

I think you'll be ok as many calories as you burn on your bike! Although I hate twinkies! To each, his own.
  • ythannah
    Options

ETA this truncating of posts just doesn't work sometimes.

You have to make sure you don't delete the coding at the beginning or the quotes won't show in their own boxes. :) For example, when quoting this post I removed all of the other quotes that got messed up, but I left the part at the beginning that says: quote="pofoster21;33077019" within a pair of brackets. That's what creates the quote box, and adding /quote within brackets is what ends the quote box.

Yeah I try to do that. But I think sometimes I may be overzealous in the deleting on my phone....

I wouldn't even try on my phone! Highlighting blocks of text to delete isn't a great success, and I'd have to backspace for hours to get rid of it otherwise... then it suddenly speeds up of its own accord and deletes stuff I wanted to retain.

I pretty much only use my phone to see images that get blocked at work.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I DID IT!!! I went down cautiously at first and saw that nobody was outside of the apartments, so I went all out: I CLIMBED NINE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS!!!! :smiley:

I admit that I was lazy and went down in the elevator the second time, then climbed back up the three flights, took the elevator back down, repeat. :p At least I did the "up" part, right? ;)

I did it again!! Nine flights up, nine flights down. But now I'm thirsty and I still have three hours of fasting to go. :p
  • kellienw335
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

You are? What area? I'm in the Columbia area.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen of the confessions thread, a moment of hush if you will, I have an announcement to make.

<drum roll>

This afternoon, in the car park of a slightly up market grocery store, outside a ubiquitous coffee house chain, @girldownsouth and I met up. In honour of this thread, we did not partake of frothy expensive refreshments, but instead meandered many miles along the river, in idyllic English countryside (beside the motorway).

We (well I did anyway) had a lovely walk in the sunshine, getting to know a new friend. We do intend to do it again.

I thank you for your attention. Here endeth the announcement. Please return to your regularly scheduled confessions.

That is awesome! I am so jealous! I often have thoughts of meeting up with several of you; just to see what you're like IRL. A no judgment thread moves into real life...what's next? The possibilities are endless!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

You and I should get married. I plan the ceremony and the dress. You plan the food.

Although I want mine on the beach in East Hampton where my mom lives and to rent a house and just throw a big party as I have mentioned before. So we might need to be like Becky Bloomwood (confessions of a shopaholic for those who don't get the reference ) and have 2 weddings.

We are a match made in heaven! I'd love a beach wedding.

We should have 2 weddings, I'll cater them, ceremonies and outfits ate your department.

Don't judge, fantasy weddings are all I will ever have ;)

Sorry if this has already been asked, but would you and your partners ever do a commitment ceremony? Can we all be invited?
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Too heavy for this thread.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Tiny confession - I want to leave my diary as is for as long as possible right now. I haven't logged any food and my fitbit has given me 1 extra calorie to eat - so I'm sitting at -1 calories for the day and it's amusing me for some reason.

Those of you in the fitbit challenge - you won't see an update from me for a bit - my battery is dying and I'm not going to sync until I get home.

Ooh! Can I be in the fitbit challenge? Where is it? I LOVE my Fitbit! I seriously think it's part of how I'm losing so well this time.
  • ythannah
    Options

I did it again!! Nine flights up, nine flights down. But now I'm thirsty and I still have three hours of fasting to go. :p

Uh-oh. Are you allowed to suck on an ice cube or something to rehydrate a little, or will that compromise fasting?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Ah yikes, sorry I didn't think about that :(

Well done on doing those stairs,bits great exercise and you'll have earned that forbid in no time!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I think a lot of people have crazy first dates like that......I had a guy once lose his mind because I did not want to go to his mother's church to meet her.....during a first date....well, and a last date in that case.....you can't let that make you stop dating!!

How... What... Ummm, I don't even know what to say. Did you go?
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    NSV 1- That bag of Utz Crab (potato) Chips

I. Love. Those. Chips. I had blocked them from my mind, but now I must have them. Today. I think they sell them at the Dollar Tree....

Aren't they awesome! I have a friend who works for Utz. When he comes over he never fails to bring chips, dips or pretzels. If he were not such a nice guy I would hate his guts and stab him in the eye with a pencil.

• kellienw335
    Options
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

What part?!?! :D

Greenville!

I'm in Laurens, I'm in Greenville a lot lol!!! :smiley:

You are not far at all from me!!

We should meet up somewhere lol! (That didn't sound too creeptastic did it?)

Couple pages behind, but me too! We drove through Sumter National forest on Father's Day weekend and I thought of you, @raelynnsmama52512!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @noaddedsugarx The atmosphere isn't always light, and you're always welcome to vent here when you need to.

I have no words to express how I feel about the horror that you must have gone through during those times, but please accept my deepest sympathy and empathy as a survivor of a molestation attempt when I was 9 (by a stranger). I am so sorry that you couldn't depend on your mother to be your protector. We live in a pretty twisted world. :-/

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Have there been any other updates? At least you care, even if she doesn't. It must be very difficult to feel like you're struggling all alone, though. We're all here if you need to talk or let out your frustration. :)

Please let me know if you decide to delete your post and wish me to delete mine, although I refrained from quoting you; I wouldn't want this post to give out information that you chose to delete.