Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Can you all believe we are on page 1200?
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

What an awesome story! And the ring is fabulous! So happy for you both. Oh, did you end up getting him a watch? Sorry if you've already said. I can't keep up. Too busy at work.

He made me tell Rachael the story because he wanted to hear I would be telling it to people. Silly man.

I was going to but he said he wouldn't wear a regular watch, so he opted for the Moto 360 smart watch, which I'm insanely jealous of now, and he absolutely LOVES!

That is so freaking cute, and the ring is gorgeous. (Doesn't everyone have hair on their knuckles? If that's not normal, count me as a member in the hairy woman club).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Celebration dance!!!

The gifs not working... :/
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon, the ring is beautiful!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Yay! I didn't miss this one! (I missed when we hit 1000 :cry: )
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, tonight for dinner we're having crescent dogs (or pigs in a blanket if you will), maple baked beans, and salad. I'm actually excited about this lol.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Celebration dance!!!

The gifs not working... :/
    Never mind. Mine isn't either.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Where has @suzieq_1994 been today? I miss her and just wanted to make sure she was ok.
    I was wondering that, too. Hope all is ok.

I saw that she logged in sometime today. I sent her a message but I think she must be resting.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon great ring and great surprise story!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

That's SO cute!!!!! <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!

Great NSVs!

Which ride did you enjoy the most?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone read about the new skinny Oreos? Thoughts? Joy? Outrage?
    (Warning: It's Jezebel, so swearage)
    http://jezebel.com/oreo-thins-promote-unrealistic-standards-for-oreos-1716047232

Eww! Less filling? The filling is the best part! I would buy a jar of that stuff.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    tsugrl04 wrote: »
    I bought a stationary bike a few weeks ago. I can only do 5-10 minutes on it. My shins and knees hurt so bad and that's all I can stand. I feel like such a failure, and I have gained back 10lbs of my 30-40 pound weight loss I was so proud of.

You're at least trying & doing something rather than nothing. Don't feel like a failure just brush yourself off & try to lose the weight again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Thank you @Susieq_1994 for explaining speculoos!! Heaven in my mouth!! ❤️
    I think this is one thing I probably don't need to know any more about!

Agreed! Did you make the cookies in your new profile pic? They are beautiful.
    Yes I did, thank you!

Oh, I thought they were FLOWERS the last few pages. I didn't realize they were cookies. They are beautiful.

I thought they were too!

@Tubbs216 the cookies look so beautiful.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Talking of 'girly' things, I'm right there with you. I really need a new sewing machine and I want this one with the fire of a thousand suns. It's stupid expensive, and doesn't have all the features I need, but it's sooooo pretty....
    bymq5qabx0d6.jpg

I still need to learn how to run the one I own!!! My mother sewed a lot and I never learned from her before she passed. That is something truly missed out on.
    It makes me sad that my daughter has no interest in learning to sew. It brings me such pleasure, I'd love to share it with her.

Honestly, I was not interested at the time, never thought I would use it. Now I wish I had asked and learned. Maybe see if she wants to make a quilt together with some of her old favorite things. It may spark an interest.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

I may be able to come up with more but the pushing for cuddles one is the worst. I went on a date once with this guy who kept trying to hug and kiss me and it really freaked me out and grossed me out. I was like, "Dude, it's the first date." It was the octopus thing where they keep wrapping you up. Not a good sign.

I've been on a TON of dates who want to push things too far too fast. Definite red flag!

My favorite was the guy who, after our date ended at 10pm, texted me later that night to let me know how much fun he had and how his parents couldn't wait to meet me.

We were in our 30's and it was a first date.

Never went out with him again.

This is a few years ago, but I had been dating a guy for a couple weeks (he was a 'meh' guy). He wanted me to move my vacation time around so I could take 2 weeks & go to Saskatchewan with him to visit his parents. Um, no?

One guy wouldn't stop tickling me when we were on a first date. The first couple times it was kind of cute, a little playful, but when he did it repeatedly I was ready to lose my mind. I didn't say anything but I should have.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Aww, that's so sweet!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Just stopping in to post today's shoes....ulq7mbl1xexy.jpg
    wr6rz3tf7ayl.jpg

They look cool like an abstract painting.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon your ring is lovely and the back story is sweet. I'm happy for you. Enjoy!!!!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    MoHudson

"So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

What a thoughtful man. o:)