April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    dmckimmey wrote: »
    I am starting this challenge in which I am hoping to be able to strive into a better living health style as well as bring the family into some healthy changes. I'm new to the MFP and such My goal is to hit 100 miles for April between walking, brisk walking, as well as running. Starting at the bottom and working my way up. My goal for the end of the year is to be in a healthier state than what I was at the start of this year. Not just for my self but for my family as well. Eating healthier and being more active are some of the steps to achieve that goal. Since I am starting mid month, i'm a little behind on hitting that goal at the end of April. A lot can be done in 17 days.

1-7 April = 8.1 miles
    8-13 April = 30.8 miles

Welcome to the group!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Morning all! Got out this morning and did 8ks. It was glorious! After 3 days off I was so so glad to get out.

Congratulations to everyone who got out, I see a few ag places woo hoo. Its Monday here so work for me. Hanging out for Wednesday, holidays start and mum is here - she can watch the kids while I go for a long run
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    2kbhtwv06c4y.jpg

I am particularly fond of the first two. :)

Hmm. I have a stash of Noosa yoghurt that I’m unwilling to share... but i haven’t shaved my legs since before surgery... like where the wild things are over here. And dd said my atrophied leg muscle feels like a titi.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    2kbhtwv06c4y.jpg

I am particularly fond of the first two. :)

Hmm. I have a stash of Noosa yoghurt that I’m unwilling to share... but i haven’t shaved my legs since before surgery... like where the wild things are over here. And dd said my atrophied leg muscle feels like a titi.

bahaha. Ummm I havent shaved my legs in over a year I think. Mostly due to CBB (cant be bothered), though I have very light fine hair on my legs so most people dont even notice. Whats a titi?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @MegaMooseEsq yes, I was oversharing my shaving habits. It brings me no pleasure to shave or be shaved. It feels so horrible and irritates my skin.

@Avidkeo ohh my knees have a beard. Not light and barely noticeable here. A “titi” was just an alternate spelling to titty, because I didn’t want mfp to kitten it and make it sound worse than it was. Haha!