April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Awesome race @polskagirl01! That's great that you followed your race plan and executed it by getting a PR and rocketing past those women that you thought were out of reach. Racing does cool things to our brain that brings out the beast when it needs to.

This! Well said and well done! :)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Wow @katharmonic, rather you than me. That event sounds intense. Great effort and well done on finishing without crying (which is what I probably would have done). Indulge in a little TLC, you more than deserve it!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Having some doubts and would like to pick the brains of the more experienced runners round here. I know none of you are doctors or trainers and whatever I do is under my own responsibility etc etc etc, just looking for opinions!
    As most of you know, I trained for and ran a HM in December. It was probably too much too soon for someone still pretty new to running, and led to injury and having to take time off then start over from scratch. I completed c25k again, followed by an 8km training plan which I finish this weekend. My plan had been to then start a 15km plan, followed by a couple of weeks to move from 3 to 4 runs per week then start a HM plan with an aim to running my local HM on November 3rd.
    This would result in wave-like cycles, with total weekly mileage increasing during each separate plan then dialling right back down to start the next. Seemed like a really good idea when I mapped it all out.
    i40n8s1b2cog.png Btw I know there's a mistake in next week's mileage, after swapping the 2 mile run on the plan for a 7km race it will actually be 7.5 miles
    Now I'm wondering whether the dialing back parts are worth it, or whether I might as well just maintain the distances (maybe with a cut-back week once a month) until I reach the weeks when the mileage increases again...
    Thoughts?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,007 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That sounds brutal. Congratulations on finishing. Take care of that wound. You don't want it to get worse and not be able to run at all. I hop you are recovering well today.

@Tramboman I hope the doctor has answers for you!

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic all I can say is WOW! Great job and I hope your next one is more fun ;)
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent @Scott6255, thanks, so basically wing it but use common sense lol
    @Tramboman fingers crossed for the miracle cure!
    @katharmonic you milady are a beast! Hope things aren't hurting too badly now
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Having some doubts and would like to pick the brains of the more experienced runners round here. I know none of you are doctors or trainers and whatever I do is under my own responsibility etc etc etc, just looking for opinions!
    As most of you know, I trained for and ran a HM in December. It was probably too much too soon for someone still pretty new to running, and led to injury and having to take time off then start over from scratch. I completed c25k again, followed by an 8km training plan which I finish this weekend. My plan had been to then start a 15km plan, followed by a couple of weeks to move from 3 to 4 runs per week then start a HM plan with an aim to running my local HM on November 3rd.
    This would result in wave-like cycles, with total weekly mileage increasing during each separate plan then dialling right back down to start the next. Seemed like a really good idea when I mapped it all out.
    i40n8s1b2cog.png Btw I know there's a mistake in next week's mileage, after swapping the 2 mile run on the plan for a 7km race it will actually be 7.5 miles
    Now I'm wondering whether the dialing back parts are worth it, or whether I might as well just maintain the distances (maybe with a cut-back week once a month) until I reach the weeks when the mileage increases again...
    Thoughts?

I think you did a great job putting the plan together. It looks solid. It seems a little conservative at first glance, but I notice the long runs are progressively longer.

The best plan, is the one you’ll follow.

ETA it’s such a nice plan, I wanna adopt it :smile:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    The best plan, is the one you’ll l follow.

This above all else. :smile: