March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @shanaber I tried the ace bandage wrap last night and it really seemed to work. There was at least 1 tornado less than 30 miles away, and lots of thunderstorms overnight and Pup didn't cry and wake us up like she did the night before. The rain should be moving out of the area for a while, but I think I will look into finding an actual thundershirt for her.

@kgirlhart - YAY! That is such great news! Also I am so glad that tornado didn't get any closer to you!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    and my annual Door County Half has been cancelled. trying to decide what to do with the motel reservations
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @kimlight2 I'm grateful that my company is being very supportive while a lot of us are working from home.

I'm grateful for the jokes I'm sharing with my family over group chats and that nobody I love has yet been directly impacted by this illness.

I'm grateful for the ability to run outside.

• dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Like @shanaber I wrapped my girl. I did have a Thundershirt when we moved at the time of my divorce (2015) and it worked wonders. I loaned it out and never got it back. Drats. When I was getting ready to move (2019), she started stressing again, so I used a scarf & wrapped her and it did work.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    5.43 miles in 1:32. Average pace 17:06. LOLOL. I wonder if I placed in my AG?

Nope, cause when you WIN the race, you do not also place in your AG. Sorry, that is the breaks.

We had to email some kind of record of our activity and they will ship out the swag.

I sent mine and she replied “great. I’ll add you to the results”.

The what now?

I guess I’m taking that whole finish times live on the internet forever in a WHOLE new direction LOL.

The pictures were totally worth it.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @Tramboman Congrats on getting 1st place at the Earthworm 7k!

Well done!

Thanks.
    Truth be told, even though they were young, they weren't very fast.
    But a win is a win, right?

How do you know they were young? Did you ask for ideas? Maybe they were elderly.

They can live up to 10 years, although those in the wild only live 1-2 years.
    Plus, none of them were nearly as gray as I am.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Sounds like a wonderful race and a good time.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Awesome race @Duck_Puddle

rest day here, and our first 2 cases of confirmed covid in my city, fortunately not patients I've worked with. I suspect by the end of the weekend NZ will be in full lock down. And I KNOW I'm going have have an exposure! Probably early next week. I'm working over the weekend so... We will be taking all precautions, but sadly it's not 100%

Ugh! Stay safe!

Well it's official. NZ borders are CLOSED. Unless you live here, you can't get in.

This may not seem like much, but we tend to be so isolated down here, so to be completely locked down like this, it feels very very real. I mean we are an island anyway but it just feels even more isolating.

Thank goodness my husband and I decided not to fly to Fiji this morning!

Me stuck in one country, my kids in another - my worst case scenario.

Silver lining, you'll get your refund?

I have just gone through the process of trying to get refunds for my trip in May, most of it has been pretty straightforward, but one motel was like, nah ah. You paid non refundable rate, tough. And while I want to be sympathetic, there wasn't even an offer of a credit or anything! Even the hotel that we cancelled the same day gave us a credit to use!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @dreamer12151 Some of my best runs are the ones that begin with "I don't wanna," but I push myself out the door anyway.