April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I wrote @TheMrWobbly about a month ago - he was swamped by work and life but otherwise okay.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Oh hey there @T1DCarnivoreRunner. Good to hear from you!
    Welcome to Texas! You're just in time for our glorious summers 🥵

I look forward to it. I already have a race scheduled in Bastrop next month.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I wrote @TheMrWobbly about a month ago - he was swamped by work and life but otherwise okay.
    He's been logging in (also not logging in, trying to reset his streak).
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    @polskagirl01 that Strava art is very cool! I have always wanted to do that, but I am so not creative enough.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yesterday I was itching to run, but kept it to 1 mile on the treadmill (barefoot!) and did my little routine on the weight machine. I got nominated to do this Strava art challenge, so I planned a route in my neighborhood and did it this morning, for 8.4 km at a very relaxed pace. Actually I walked or stopped at some points to make sure the GPS caught it right. Also paused the watch and went around to another area, then unpaused, just to get a line through an area where I couldn't go (steep embankment, railroad bridge, fenced in houses), and it worked! My quad feels fine now, but lower back hurts and that's where it starts. So I won't push it.
    uzu2x2009xq0.jpg Supposed to be the Polish eagle (with a crown, and tongue out) but my husband is making fun of me by saying it has a dog face. :D
    I didn't want to do the "force your friends to participate by tagging them" thing, but it could be fun for us to see what kind of designs we can do with our routes. How about a MFP Strava-art Challenge? Use your mapping app, plan a route, run it and post it for us all to see!

Sokol Polska.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 that Strava art is very cool! I have always wanted to do that, but I am so not creative enough.

Same. I can't look at a map & see/imagine anything.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    @rheddmobile Glad to know that @TheMrWobbly is doing good. We miss the people we are used to seeing on here when they disappear.

@polskagirl01 I think you did an awesome job on the eagle. Challenge your husband to do better. LOL I don't have a Strava account and, if I did, I would have to find a different route to draw a picture. An out and back on the local roads isn't going to cut it. LOL But, I would love to see what others do.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,702 Member
    April 1 – 5.11 miles
    April 2 – 8.07 miles
    April 3 – Hiking (9.52 miles – 4135 elevation gain)
    April 4 – Walk (1.37 miles)
    April 5 – Strength Training; Exercise Bike (10 miles); Hiking (2.38 miles – 434 elevation gain)
    April 6 – 5.15 miles
    April 7 – Strength Training; Exercise Bike (8 miles); Hiking (7.7 miles – 1390 elevation gain)
    April 8 – 5.15 miles
    April 9 – Exercise Bike (10 miles); Biking (5.11 miles); Strength Training
    April 10 – 8.03 miles
    April 11 – 4.22 miles; Hiking (5 miles)
    April 12 – 5.18 miles; Hiking (4 miles)
    April 13 – Strength Training; Exercise Bike (14 miles); Hiking (2.12 miles)
    April 14 – Nothing
    April 15 – Nothing
    April 16 – Hiking (12.09 miles – 3387 elevation gain)
    April 17 – 3.15 miles
    April 18 – 7.04 miles; Walk (1.20 miles); Hiking (3.6 miles)
    April 19 – Strength; Stretch; Exercise Bike (14 miles)
    April 20 – 5.14 miles
    April 21 – Cardio & Core; Exercise Bike (11 miles)
    April 22 – 3.13 miles; Walk (1 mile)
    April 23 – 3.40 miles; Strength

After work yesterday, I ran 3 miles on the trail in our local park. My calves were cramping the entire time. Guess I need to up the water intake. This morning, it was 26F when I headed out and 30F when I finished but at least the wind wasn’t blowing like it has been the past couple of days. Bring Spring back please! I have a trail race tomorrow at Natural Tunnel State Park. 100% chance of rain in the forecast brings promises of a slippery, muddy day. A chance to make memories!

I like your running art @Polskagirl01! Glad you’re not overdoing it with the quad healing.
  • quilteryoyo
    @WhatMeRunning Nice job on your run. Congrats on meeting your goal already.

@Teresa502 You're doing great. Sorry about the cramps yesterday. Glad you got a good run in today. I want Spring back too!!! Good luck with the race tomorrow. I hope the forecast is wrong and it doesn't rain, unless, of course, you want to run in a cold rain. :wink:
  • quilteryoyo
    Welcome @GatorLally ! This is a great group.

@rheddmobile Glad you were able to run the Greenline again. The speed will come back, I'm sure.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    GatorLally wrote: »
    Hi Everyone -- New to group but not new to running although since i've gained weight over the past 5 years, I haven't run/jogged as often as in previous years. I'm excited to get started and didn't want to wait for May challenge. Given that it's the 23rd, my goal is 20 miles by 4/30/21. totally doable but my problem has always been consistency!

Welcome!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Welcome @GatorLally

Glad you had a great time on your family getaway @Avidkeo