Coronavirus prep

Replies

• gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their second shot (Pfizer) and NOT had a bad reaction? I am getting mine on Saturday and everyone keeps telling me I am going to be sick from it.

Also wondering if anyone has got their second shot at an extended interval yet - my first shot was three months ago. I think I am in the first cohort here to get the second shot on the extended time frame so not sure how that might influence the side effect situation.

I got my second Pfizer at the regular interval and had fewer side effects than the first time. First time—painful swollen lymph nodes in back of neck/front of ear that lasted four-five days, day of intense fatigue. Second: minor twinges from lymph nodes that only lasted the day, no fatigue.
  • HawkingRadiation
    HawkingRadiation Posts: 31 Member
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their second shot (Pfizer) and NOT had a bad reaction? I am getting mine on Saturday and everyone keeps telling me I am going to be sick from it.

Also wondering if anyone has got their second shot at an extended interval yet - my first shot was three months ago. I think I am in the first cohort here to get the second shot on the extended time frame so not sure how that might influence the side effect situation.

I got my second Pfizer at the regular interval and had fewer side effects than the first time. First time—painful swollen lymph nodes in back of neck/front of ear that lasted four-five days, day of intense fatigue. Second: minor twinges from lymph nodes that only lasted the day, no fatigue.

If you got a worse reaction on the first injection, they say that indicates you were exposed to covid. Did you have exposure that you are aware of?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    https://youtu.be/fcNkPXkbSD4

Dr. Campbell weekend up date for US and UK and beyond. Good to hear about PACVAC. Good to see US pushing 80 million dosages to other countries.

We got our 2nd Moderna shot yesterday. I had some symptoms but not like the butt kicking of 4 weeks ago. Our health care providers now only vax on Thursday. No lines but steady. Lots of fear locally but hopefully some will follow my delayed lead. My story of feeling 4x stronger 24 hours after the first shot peeks some interest but the huge hook some really want to travel and will listen to the vax passport angle plus some know my health care back ground and that l am not a vaxer without medical reasons that I have read and proven to myself.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    High on my "What am I looking forward to doing after I get vaccinated" list was Get a Massage.

I was supposed to get a massage tonight and was REALLY looking forward to it. I called yesterday to find out their mask policy and the receptionist called back today to say masks are required because the provider is not vaccinated for "personal reasons." I pressed and asked if it was due to a temporary thing like pregnancy or breast feeding, and she wouldn't say. So I cancelled.

I don't want to be in an intimate situation like that with someone who sees a lot of people and will not get vaxxed for unspecified "personal reasons."

This was going to be free through the VA's Community Care program so I left a message for the CC coordinator complaining bitterly about this provider's unvaccinated status.

I will call around to the other providers near me and ask about vaccination status and mask policies.

ETA: Called the only other three other places on the VA community care list:

1. Not vaccinated due to medical reasons. I appreciated the lengthy explanation she gave me. Her doctor had actually flagged her driver's license - she tried to get vaxxed and was denied due to the flag and her doctor notified. Thought that was interested.
    2. Me: "I was thinking of getting a massage and was wondering if you are vaccinated." Her: "Well that's a HIPPA thing but [blah blah blah precautions.]" So that's a No.
    3. Left a message but then looked at his website and saw "We will be remaining closed until I have a better understanding of the long-term and potential positive or negative effects the deep tissue work I do will provide to clients post covid positive or vaccine. STAY SAFE we will get through this. April 2021."

I called the Community Care Coordinator back and asked her to help me find a provider who is vaccinated.

I don't understand this - you are fully vaccinated, do you not trust the vaccine?

In addition to the points made above, I wouldn't want to receive any health care services from someone who was vaccine eligible but refused to get it.

Agreed. I would have a tough time trusting the judgement of someone who has decided not to get vaccinated for anything other than medically indicated reasons.

Vaccination is a lot of protection and likely enough in the vast majority of interactions. But herd immunity for enough time for the virus to mostly peter out because it has nowhere to go is when I will feel 100% confident in public interactions.

I really need a haircut lol (I've let it go at least 6 inches longer than I typically would) but I'm not sure I'll feel comfortable in that small space with someone breathing right on me if they aren't masked and as a stranger I don't know if they're vaxxed. I'm sure the risk regardless is extremely low, maybe even low enough I shouldn't bother worrying, but for something as unnecessary as a haircut, I'm not sure I'll bother yet. I also need to get an eye exam and more contacts, and that I'm going to do because my need to see far outweighs the very small perceived risk if they too are done with masks :wink:

Hair salons here (at least the ones near me and one closer to downtown I used to go to) still are requiring everyone to wear masks. Perhaps you can find one like that.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Seems like most of the stores in my area have quit the practice of employees wiping down shopping carts. There is still wipes or sprays available but it's self service.