Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MilicaX wrote: »
    I have a drug problem.

Seek help sooner rather than later! Trust me. 11 days in detox, 35 days in rehab and a move to a place I didn't know a soul and now 8 years clean!!

Fantastic! Well done

Thank you!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I have 2 confessions.

1. My HUGE naked *kitten* has hung in a public art gallery for the world to see. Worst thing is it was a self portrait lol

2. I also write erotic fiction.

Those are strong first contributions to this post. Well done! @asflatasapancake take note!!!

That is funny! Good confessions and funny follow up by @quiksylver296

I'm gonna get @asflatasapancake to give up something good!

I think he is afraid of you...he hasn't shown up in a while!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I do not ever reveal my name online because it is ridiculously unique (I'm serious; I was named after my mom's best friend from high school) and I'm paranoid that someone who knows me will see it and know it's me.
    Oh god, the idea of someone I know in real life recognizing me online scares me. I think I'd deactivate and remake if that happened here. :s

Why? Don't most people have Facebook? I'm surprised I don't have stalkers or anything because I'm so lax about information about myself. It's a blessing and a curse I'm so naive and want to believe everyone is good! You'd think after working with juveniles, being a corrections officer, and now working in child support I'd be the exact opposite!
    My only experiences with Facebook come from a fake account I set up to get emails about movie screenings and trying to fix something for my parents. I'm a fairly quiet and reserved person outside the 'net. It's just weird to think of people used to that side of me more open.

Ahh okay I see now! I'm the same here, there, everywhere haha Loud and I love to talk!

I'm actually the only Sawsan Al-Hadhrami on Facebook (at least I was as of last year or so), so the whole world can find me. But I don't really care, because I share next to nothing online (except in this thread... I share way too much in this thread!) and so I just use my real name everywhere. I've got nothing to hide, at least nothing in what I share online!

I facebook stalked you :p . Those cookies look AWESOME!

I just did too, and they do! And I sent a friend request. :)

This is scary. This thread is moving into real life? I wonder if I need therapy?

16 almost 17 years ago I was on a a similar (but different) thread of sorts. Some of the women from this ivillage thread over time formed a yahoo group. There has been some attrition but nearly 17 years later we still check in nearly daily with each other. All of us have met some of us but we have never managed yet to all get together. We know each other's phone numbers and home addresses. It was carefully screened and we took time to get to trust each other but sometimes internet does move very nicely into real life.

We have been there through good and bad times and really have some great friendships.

I have a similar group of Marine wife friends. There are probably 20 of us, and we've followed each other from message board to message board since 2002. Not all of our husbands are still in, but we also check in every day on our Facebook group. I consider those women some of my best friends now.

So we'll still be confessing in 20 years? I wonder what I'll have to confess at that point? Which parts of my body are entirely grey (nasty!)?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I just wave at it... When I was a kid and I was too young (read: short) for the sensor (it's at the top of the door around here...) to see me, a male employee came over and just waved at it and it opened. I've been doing that ever since, and it works every time. I probably still look like a moron, waving at the door... "Hey there, door!"
    This reminds me. My husband thanks inanimate objects for things. He's embarrassing at the self-checkouts that talk to you because he'll actually bend down and say 'Thank you' to it. :|

I confess that one time I was shopping at a grocery store while I was in college & dropped a bunch of coins. As I was scurrying to pick up change I thanked someone for helping me to pick some of it up. It turns out it was me & I saw myself in a reflection & thought it was someone else. So embarrassing haha.

HAHAHA this I totally laughed out loud at- too funny!

Me too!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

My
    [="Francl27;32842296"]I confess that after hearing everyone butchering my name, I just decided to use very common and traditional names for my kids. And also considered changing my name when I got my US citizenship a year ago... just decided against it because I didn't want more paperwork.

Even though I had a popular name, I named my kids traditional names. I tried not to give them a top 10 name like mine, but I did choose regular names with regular spellings. I 100% don't judge what other parents do. I feel like I have to say that. Not judgmental!

Also, I don't plan to change my last name since being married. My oldest has my last name and I feel like it would be pretty crappy to leave him as the only one with that name. Also, I don't care about that particular tradition and my husband doesn't care either. We know we are married.

My husband would love if I change mine, but I've had this last name for 43 years. The different last name is just not me.

If that makes sense.

It makes sense to me!
    [/quote]
    I changed my maiden to married name only to help with immigration - I had never intended to change my name. I am STILL changing it back two + years after the divorce. It is a hassle and involves sending original documents all over the place and providing documentation that I am the same person. I like my original name better. I would like to marry again given the right man (SO may be it but I'm in no hurry and I want to do it right if I do it at all) but I will not change my name again. My name is part of my professional identity and I was even able to get my degree issued in my maiden name (whoo hooo!). So while in private I would be ok with Mrs. Future Husband (if there is one) in my work life and on legal documents I remain Dr. Nonoelmo. :wink:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Another slightly embarrassing confession:

If I have alcohol in my hand, I will spend no time at all drinking the whole thing. I don't do it on purpose, I guess I'm just a fast drinker! Everyone is always telling me to slow down, which is a little bit embarrassing :lol: I just poured myself champagne and drank the thing like I would a soft drink, forgetting it contained alcohol!! Guess practice makes perfect :/ I don't know how people drink so slowly.

... I will make myself sick one day.

If I don't put my drink down I will finish it quickly too. I make a point to set it down every couple sips.

I either fly through my drink, or it takes me FOREVER to finish something. I also prefer virtually everything (iced and hot) at near room temperature. I'm weird.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I do not ever reveal my name online because it is ridiculously unique (I'm serious; I was named after my mom's best friend from high school) and I'm paranoid that someone who knows me will see it and know it's me.
    Oh god, the idea of someone I know in real life recognizing me online scares me. I think I'd deactivate and remake if that happened here. :s

Why? Don't most people have Facebook? I'm surprised I don't have stalkers or anything because I'm so lax about information about myself. It's a blessing and a curse I'm so naive and want to believe everyone is good! You'd think after working with juveniles, being a corrections officer, and now working in child support I'd be the exact opposite!
    My only experiences with Facebook come from a fake account I set up to get emails about movie screenings and trying to fix something for my parents. I'm a fairly quiet and reserved person outside the 'net. It's just weird to think of people used to that side of me more open.

Ahh okay I see now! I'm the same here, there, everywhere haha Loud and I love to talk!

I'm actually the only Sawsan Al-Hadhrami on Facebook (at least I was as of last year or so), so the whole world can find me. But I don't really care, because I share next to nothing online (except in this thread... I share way too much in this thread!) and so I just use my real name everywhere. I've got nothing to hide, at least nothing in what I share online!

I facebook stalked you :p . Those cookies look AWESOME!

I just did too, and they do! And I sent a friend request. :)

This is scary. This thread is moving into real life? I wonder if I need therapy?

They're all over Wattpad too, as I'm sure you've noticed. I'm happy to add you, but just keep in mind that I'm super inactive on Facebook. I don't usually like airing my life out for anyone to see, although it may not seem that way on this thread! Generally I'm a very private person. I actually freaked out thinking that my sister might check out this thread and see my posts yesterday... O.O

Its okay, the most I do is repost rescue dogs. Be prepared to be sad! :(
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Good luck! I spend my days dealing with those sorts of things after they leave the doc's office, so I can totally (try to) answer questions or concerns if you have them!

ETA: Occasionally I forget to put all the words in the sentance.

Thank you so much, this is my second time (had one last year). I have HPV and this is my second abnormal pap as well, so they are just being diligent with the extra testing. Hopefully it will be nothing like last year. My doctor explains things really well, so I really don't have any questions.

Glad to hear it went well, but keep us posted as to the results!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    GUYS, I JUST DID TWENTY PUSHUPS, IN. A. ROW!!! (Yep. I'm that excited about it. :D )

IMPRESSIVE! I'M JEALOUS! (decided this deserved an all caps response as well)

Good work @quiksylver296

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: My husband took off work early today and brought flowers to me at my office. I know it's a sweet thing to do, and everybody is oohing and ahhing over the flowers, but I really hate that he came to my office unannounced. Sometimes, I'm not a very nice wife. I will play happy and not say anything negative to him, though. He'll probably have fresh flowers at home, too. He brings me grocery store flowers regularly.

Trying not to judge... :p I would probably pass out if my husband brought flowers to my office. I have him trained to send flowers on Valentine's Day, but he would never do it spontaneously.

LOL! Everybody keeps stopping by and asking if it's my birthday. Um, no. He just does this. In my old office, it was rare that I'd go a day without flowers in the office. Once the old ones got all dried out and had to be thrown out, new flowers would appear.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Jumping in on the name thing- I am Cecilia, named after my grandfather Cecil. One of my first bosses called me CC, which I morphed to Ceci. (My family calls me C-ya) My married name is of Greek origin and I love that I have a unique name!

I named my daughter Samantha (would have been Samuel if a boy), because I wanted a Sam. (She goes by Sami now.)

I love the name Cecilia! So pretty! I don't have kids or pets so I name my cars :) My first car in high school and college was named Goldie because she was gold, I know real original! My second car was named Grace because she was the color grey and my car now her name is Cecily! I call her Cess the sesspool haha even though I keep her very tidy! I named her Cecily because she's a Civic! My next car is going to be a Buick Encore and I've already decided to name her Bianca <3

PS. My dad said cars are always girls so I've always just named them girls names!

Fun fact: In Arabic we don't have a gender neutral word like "it" to call objects, so all objects have a gender and are either male or female, so we call them he or she depending on which gender the word falls under. Cars are, in fact, female. ;)

That is cool. Do you get to pick the gender? So can you decide a car is female and a table male? And someone else decide the reverse? Or is everyone aligned?

Arabic has the most convoluted grammar rules in the universe, and there are tons of them. It's not easy to explain (or understand...)

Basically, words ending with a certain letter called "ta marboota" are female, conventional "female" words like "pregnant" are female, all body parts that come in pairs like eyes or hands are female, and the names of the alphabets are female. Clear as mud, right?!

It is confusing (and yes, ignore my earlier post...I was reading backwards!).

So, crew, @Susieq_1994 's story is fabulous and I highly recommend reading it (yes read the whole thing as I am off today, but now really need to get off the chair and get to the barn!) and it was wonderful. I was sad a bit at a plot twist at the end but highly worth reading!!!! Great job, Susieq!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    MilicaX wrote: »
    I have a drug problem.

Seek help sooner rather than later! Trust me. 11 days in detox, 35 days in rehab and a move to a place I didn't know a soul and now 8 years clean!!

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment! I have four people in my life right now struggling with addictions. It's so very painful to watch them spiral down because there's nothing we can do. It's up to them to want to change. Two of them have been in rehab multiple times. The other two are in and out of jail. Two of these four people have babies under the age of one.

It's very encouraging to hear from someone like you who came out victorious!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Well, I have a not-so-confessiony confession (that sounded weird.). I've mentioned here before that I was writing a book on an amateur writing website (Wattpad). Today, I finally finished the book! I just posted the final chapter like... Fifteen minutes ago.

My husband refused to read it until it was fully complete (he hates incomplete things, whether they're books or series) but he wanted to read it when it was done. So, he read it today, and I was really nervous because he's usually reeeeally picky about the books he reads. He said that he enjoyed it and the plot was really unique! (very rare praise from him) I'm SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW. :D

I also got tons of feedback on how unique and original the storyline is from almost every single commenter, so now I feel all warm and fuzzy and special. ;) Yay me!

Congratulations. That's a big deal. I am envious of people that have the ability to write!!

Thanks! I just keep refreshing my notification page, hoping for new comments. :p I wouldn't say I'm much of a writer, actually. I'm a pretty good essay writer, so I can convey a lot of information in a very concise manner. As a result, my first story is really short. Each chapter is like... One and a half pages.

My sister's been a writer since she was about 13, and she writes novels. My entire BOOK could fit into one of her chapters! :o

So... can you post a link that we can all read it? And this is wonderful! And you are a great writer, as we all know from reading your posts!

I would really love to share a link, but you'd all require quite a bit of background to understand the book at all. You see, I wrote it anticipating a Muslims-only audience and didn't really provide any explanation or background for non-Muslims to follow along. As my husband said when I said someone here requested a link to my book (SO EXCITING!), "You'll be throwing them into completely uncharted territory, and they'll be completely confused..."

So, here's the required background, and if you still want to read it, click away at the link at the bottom! You don't need to be a member of the Wattpad site to read the books on it, by the way, so that's a plus. :)

In Islam, we believe in the world of the unseen. This is basically the world of spirits and things that we can't see, but we believe that they exist--the fact that we can't see them is a test of the strength of our belief, basically. The inhabitants of the unseen world are the jinn, and they're the spirits that people think are ghosts (we don't believe in the undead). Unlike humans, who are made from clay, jinn are created from fire.

For an accurate portrayal of the world of jinn (not for the faint of heart), see this Islamic book about jinn, posted by my sister: http://www.wattpad.com/story/12069640-the-jinn

Because they're part of the unseen world, we actually know very little about the jinn. So, keep in mind that my book is fictious and not a very accurate portrayal of the way that jinn live their lives.

My basic inspiration for writing the story was that people write Islamic fiction all the time, but books focusing on jinn are almost always horror stories. But we know for sure that there are actually many, many Muslim jinn in this world. We have little to no contact with Muslim jinn because we're forbidden to try to contact them, and only the Muslim jinn adhere to this rule. I wanted to show other Muslims (most are terrified of jinn) that jinn aren't all bad, and we're all God's creation regardless of our species. I also wanted to portray Islam through the innocent eyes of a child, rather than focusing on the technicalities of the actual practice of the religion, so there's more of a light focus.

So if you're interested in reading a paranormal Islamic fiction, I hope you enjoy the story! Here's the link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/36935539-living-on-the-other-side

There's also no glossary for Arabic or Islamic terms, but I kept those to a minimum, so hopefully there won't be too much confusion.

Sorry for the novel of explanation! I just didn't want anyone to jump in and be completely lost... "What in the world is she TALKING ABOUT?!" ;)

Thanks for the link and the background information. I fully plan to read this. It sounds very interesting, then again, I like things like this.

ditto. I may have time tonight. First alone night in a long time. :)

• Oberon21
    Options
    Another slightly embarrassing confession:

If I have alcohol in my hand, I will spend no time at all drinking the whole thing. I don't do it on purpose, I guess I'm just a fast drinker! Everyone is always telling me to slow down, which is a little bit embarrassing :lol: I just poured myself champagne and drank the thing like I would a soft drink, forgetting it contained alcohol!! Guess practice makes perfect :/ I don't know how people drink so slowly.

... I will make myself sick one day.

If I don't put my drink down I will finish it quickly too. I make a point to set it down every couple sips.

I either fly through my drink, or it takes me FOREVER to finish something. I also prefer virtually everything (iced and hot) at near room temperature. I'm weird.

Nope, I drink everything (except white wine) at room temperature. Everyone thinks I am weird too!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

Um there is such a thing? Who makes it?

I have a washer/dryer all in one too. It's pretty common in the UK where space is at a premium. I don't have a dishwasher though. Jealous of you people moaning about loading the dishwasher!

Same. If someone asks if I have a dishwasher, I say "Yes", and point to myself.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have lost and gained the same 15lbs for almost a year.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Well, normally I would have said 'Meh, she has enough people' but I'm light of the friend issues and being cut out of friendship groups going on, I'm inclined to say, maybe you should show your face at some point.

Ya, I think I'll pop over for a couple hours, but make sure it's clear I won't be staying for the entire day.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

This made me laugh.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.

I would've too. There's a company in the area called "Prairie Erectors" and it makes me laugh.