Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

This is exactly me. Like, every word. Except that my husband is even more introverted, so we're happy homebodies. :) Our families don't appreciate this. Apparently we're supposed to encourage each other to visit more often... Or something.

@LBuehrle8 I'm around! I'm just really, really tired today and pretty much laid around doing absolutely nothing. I have terrible insomnia and I haven't slept properly in a week, as mentioned earlier. As for the baked goods... My husband and I ate them all without taking pictures! :o I made chocolate chip cookies, the same ones I posted in the thread with that suggestion of mac and cheese... I was very craven. ;)

@BZAH10 I do venture into threads often, as long as they don't look like dumpster fire threads--I don't participate in those because I don't want to be caught in the cross fire. :)

It was nice to be asked about! It's currently 2.54 AM and fasting starts in 20 minutes. I've had my suhoor (pre-fasting meal) already... Still can't sleep. :-/ Tomorrow's gonna be a ball. Well, today actually. *sigh*

You're a great part of the thread! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble sleeping, I'd give you some of my sleepiness if I could as I have plenty to go around!

I so admire you for your religion and keeping so strict to Ramadan :)

Confession: I've never fasted in my life though there were supposed to be times for my religion I should have :/

I have always been impressed with how Muslims fast during Ramadan.....I fast a few times a year, but not like that!!! And we only fast until sundown, one day at a time, not a whole month! Also, we can drink, just not anything of substance like milk or whatnot. I would go nuts if I could not drink water while fasting!!

We don't fast continuously for a month. In Saudi Arabia, that would just have people dropping like flies from dehydration... O.o We fast daily, dawn till dusk, for thirty consecutive days. :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess that when I start reading posts/stories about people struggling to pay for college, or when I see a post/story about some huge medical bill or substandard medical care because insurance, I get my judgey pants on. People should be able to go to university, regardless of background. People should be able to get access to medical care without having to have a certain type of insurance. People should be able to go to school, work, the freaking ice rink, without having to worry about being shot. Why is this so hard?

/rant also because getting judgey about a whole other country is a bit silly.

I confess that this post reminds me of this:

download%202_zpsh4uqdfvb.jpg

This is cute. I should make one with an Australian flag.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Alright friends I'm off to bed- have to be up early to get that workout in! I can't wait to wake up and @pofoster21 comes back and sees all the shenanigans she missed!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Alright friends I'm off to bed- have to be up early to get that workout in! I can't wait to wake up and @pofoster21 comes back and sees all the shenanigans she missed!

I find it funny that we're off to bed at the same time. We have like a nine hour time difference. :D
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this is true as its 5 til 10 pm here! I have to be up at 5 am :/
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
    Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....
    You don't like tomatoes on your salad? ;)

Touche
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Congratulations, you're up and it's five AM! ...In Saudi Arabia. Sleep tight! :)
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

@njd1979 I agree with @Tubbs216 that this thread has offered support to many who may feel less comfortable in other areas, dipping toes in the waters of MFP so to speak. I will say that this thread is the ONLY reason I'm still on MFP. I had gained a few pounds and just wanted to log for awhile to recalibrate myself. I lost the 3-5 lbs I wanted to lose, but I'm still here. Not only am I still here but thanks to reading of the experiences of others who themselves have had issues with food and/or depression I am able to more fully understand my teen daughter who was seeming to be on the verge of an eating disorder. I'm working with her doctor and a nutritionist and doing research in proper journals, but this place offers the personal perspectives that can help. This thread inspired me to sign up for a 5K and I have not run regularly since I was injured running with my dog in 2006 (bad long lasting injury requiring months of PT). So the location of this thread in general help does seem to allow new people to find us which I think is a plus for them and for us. It is how I found this thread. What is the best exact designation of the thread? That is harder to place. It has taken on a life of its own and is full of people who are kind and open to others. Sometimes just that little act of kindness can be the nudge needed to keep on the healthier path.

I am glad that this thread helps you, and IMO chit, chat, fun, and games would be the correct location.

And you can get plenty of help, support, and motivation on the main forums. There are plenty of people that post out there and they are not bashed, but are told they need to eat more or seek professional help. Is it perfect no, but it is the internet.

I wouldn't disagree, but when we got moved to Chit chat, we got overrun by creepsters and the mods moved it back in just a couple of hours. I wouldn't object to a "Serious Chit Chat" section, though...

If anything, we would fit better in the motivation forum, not chit chat.

I think majority of us would have no problem with the thread being moved there. I will say the forum it's under now is my favorite forum and where I tend to lurk which is how I found this thread in the first place !

I would prefer it not be moved, but I would hate to see it go back to chit chat.

• KAjourneyof15
    KAjourneyof15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

This cracked me up!!!
  • TigerNY128
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »

The mods disagree with you. It lasted only a few hours in chit chat before being moved back here.

Still, none the less truthful a simple observation and confession.
    You folks are really sensitive about your thread.
    So much for 'No Judgement'

Carry on.

Thanks for your permission

Like button needed here.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

Ahhh...the thread hero.
    Cliche meme used predictably.
    Cat gif coming too?
    4gnx4t4fresz.gif

Nice!

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

@njd1979 I agree with @Tubbs216 that this thread has offered support to many who may feel less comfortable in other areas, dipping toes in the waters of MFP so to speak. I will say that this thread is the ONLY reason I'm still on MFP. I had gained a few pounds and just wanted to log for awhile to recalibrate myself. I lost the 3-5 lbs I wanted to lose, but I'm still here. Not only am I still here but thanks to reading of the experiences of others who themselves have had issues with food and/or depression I am able to more fully understand my teen daughter who was seeming to be on the verge of an eating disorder. I'm working with her doctor and a nutritionist and doing research in proper journals, but this place offers the personal perspectives that can help. This thread inspired me to sign up for a 5K and I have not run regularly since I was injured running with my dog in 2006 (bad long lasting injury requiring months of PT). So the location of this thread in general help does seem to allow new people to find us which I think is a plus for them and for us. It is how I found this thread. What is the best exact designation of the thread? That is harder to place. It has taken on a life of its own and is full of people who are kind and open to others. Sometimes just that little act of kindness can be the nudge needed to keep on the healthier path.

I am glad that this thread helps you, and IMO chit, chat, fun, and games would be the correct location.

And you can get plenty of help, support, and motivation on the main forums. There are plenty of people that post out there and they are not bashed, but are told they need to eat more or seek professional help. Is it perfect no, but it is the internet.

Why does it matter to you where this thread is located?
  • TigerNY128
    Options

@njd1979 I agree pen to others. Sometimes just that little act of kindness can be the nudge needed to keep on the healthier path.

And you can get plenty of help, support, and motivation on the main forums. There are plenty of people that post out there and they are not bashed, but are told they need to eat moreprofessional help. Is it perfect no, but it is the internet.

Why does it matter to you where this thread is located?

Seconded.
  • TigerNY128
    Options

Please send some of your 5 am motivation to me! I've been trying to get a morning routine started...ugh...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    What does it matter where the thread is. If you don't like it don't go in to it. What exactly is the point of continually lurking groups or threads you disagree with.

I love your profile photo! So cute! Is that your kitty??
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

I make them with chocolate chips! And top them with seedless strawberry jam and real whipped cream!! Oh, its been too long!!

I can expect some when?

My thoughts exactly.

• Italian_Buju
    Options

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

This is exactly me. Like, every word. Except that my husband is even more introverted, so we're happy homebodies. :) Our families don't appreciate this. Apparently we're supposed to encourage each other to visit more often... Or something.

@LBuehrle8 I'm around! I'm just really, really tired today and pretty much laid around doing absolutely nothing. I have terrible insomnia and I haven't slept properly in a week, as mentioned earlier. As for the baked goods... My husband and I ate them all without taking pictures! :o I made chocolate chip cookies, the same ones I posted in the thread with that suggestion of mac and cheese... I was very craven. ;)

@BZAH10 I do venture into threads often, as long as they don't look like dumpster fire threads--I don't participate in those because I don't want to be caught in the cross fire. :)

It was nice to be asked about! It's currently 2.54 AM and fasting starts in 20 minutes. I've had my suhoor (pre-fasting meal) already... Still can't sleep. :-/ Tomorrow's gonna be a ball. Well, today actually. *sigh*

You're a great part of the thread! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble sleeping, I'd give you some of my sleepiness if I could as I have plenty to go around!

I so admire you for your religion and keeping so strict to Ramadan :)

Confession: I've never fasted in my life though there were supposed to be times for my religion I should have :/

I have always been impressed with how Muslims fast during Ramadan.....I fast a few times a year, but not like that!!! And we only fast until sundown, one day at a time, not a whole month! Also, we can drink, just not anything of substance like milk or whatnot. I would go nuts if I could not drink water while fasting!!

We don't fast continuously for a month. In Saudi Arabia, that would just have people dropping like flies from dehydration... O.o We fast daily, dawn till dusk, for thirty consecutive days. :)

Oh no, I know that, lol....guess I worded that strange....I mean to fast every day during the day for a month....

Like the two closest times I fast are 46 days apart, lol
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @Tubbs216 you know the thread hero moniker might stck. I always look forward to your captions!
    Only if I get to wear a cool costume. With a cape. There has to be a cape.

And it has to be pink because, you know, on Wednesdays we wear pink!
    Do we?
    Edit: Ah, got it. Took me a minute!

I totally wore pink today. :smiley:

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

This is exactly me. Like, every word. Except that my husband is even more introverted, so we're happy homebodies. :)Our families don't appreciate this. Apparently we're supposed to encourage each other to visit more often... Or something.

I am in the same boat. I wish others understood, especially my parents.