Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I did well on my calories allllllll day... then the child asked to watch Spongebob Out of Water... No way I can do this sober... bring on the wine...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    I just discovered I have 2 abuse flags. :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I think we should stop fighting back & forth & just drop it before it derails the thread or results in more bickering.

I confess that it's 11:33 PM & I am a little hungry. Damn Impulsive Buy website & posting new food items to find & drool over. They're such saboteurs.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

Why is Jessica Simpson bad?
    That's not the bad part (although I expected judgement on that - maybe I'm wrong, but I thought everyone laughed at Jessica Simpson, no?) it's the fact that I'm hiding a purchase from my husband that's to go with another major purchase that I want to make and he doesn't. :)

I don't really know a lot about her, but I feel bad for her. Everyone seems to make fun of her for gaining weight while she was pregnant and for not being the smartest person in the world. It seems awful to make fun of her for it.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

any other thread that was as off topic as this one would of been locked down by page 15….

just saying..

so the special status is interesting.

Good point... Maybe we're all special snowflakes. ;)

Actually, I think the mods like the positivity and support that this thread continually generates, and since confessions still do pile in daily (and we don't judge them! Most of the time.), we're somewhat on topic. It would be pretty dumb to pull this thread when it's going so well--not that they don't lock down threads for dumb reasons pretty often.

there is plenty of support in the main forums, it just is not sugar coated.

I'd agree there is support in the main forums but the reality is not everyone is as thick skinned as you or I. This thread keeps the people (who would throw the towel in the bucket because they didn't like the deliverance on the main forums) coming back and maybe learning more about weight loss. May be a bit slower but better late than never.

I don't see how you need thick skin for someone to tell you that a detox is a bad idea, or that a calorie deficit is needed for weight loss.

If you are just going to coddle people then they are never going to learn about real nutrition and how to have long term sustainable success.

On the other hand, if you get yelled at and made fun of because you asked a dumb question, why would anyone stay here and give it an honest try? Rather, if you have a safe place to ask those questions and not get ridiculed, you are going to keep trucking along. Yeah, it might not be speedy. Hell, I've been trying to lose my last 18 (out of 44 pounds) for the last six months. There has been a lot of stuff I have gone through related to stress, medical conditions requiring surgery, etc. Most people understand CICO but life gets in the way and some people who are new, and even those that have lost their way a bit, may need the support to understand that it is okay to have a "bad" meal or a bad day, or even a bad shark week (sorry to those who hate that expression). For these people, it is reassuring that there is a stable and supportive group who have all been through this and will be there for them when they get back on track. I don't think this type of support would be considered "coddling". It is not like we are saying to everyone "it's okay, go have another box of pop tarts". Rather, we would say, at 200 calories, go have a single pop tart and get that craving out of your system, log it, and move on.

This so much this. Being a former addict who spent a lot of time in the rooms of recovery I find the atmosphere very similar and that has worked for thousands of people with addictions. If even one poster feels that they can achieve their goal or get back on track after something they have read here or asked here then it's a win. In the end all of us are basically here with the same goal but certainly due to the fact that we are uniquely different how we achieve that is inherently different.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I lied, I have another confession.

I keep starting the day strong with logging. Then by dinner I just give up and say to myself, "oh, I will just start over tomorrow". Then tomorrow comes and it is a repeat of the day before. I really want to get rid of the last 18 but just don't have the motivation anymore. Even when I go back to my progress graph to see where I was at this point last year, I amaze myself at how far I have come. I just can't seem to get the mojo to finish the job. *Sigh*
  • Kalici
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?

Hammercy verb 1. The act of putting on a pair of drop crotch pants, dancing around and singing "Can't Touch This".
  • Kalici
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

Yes! When that happens I end up wandering sadly around my kitchen. Open the fridge stare a bit, open some cupboards, open the fridge and stare forlornly some more. On the plus side I end up getting a lot more steps in because I just keep wandering in and out of the kitchen. I guess I do it to see if anything new has magically appeared and I'll want to eat it.
  • Kalici
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.

Family/friends always wanted me to do the stuffing-with-raisins thing, which revolts me. But I found a way around it. I started making a jalapeno corn bread stuffing instead. Everyone loved it, and there's no question that raisins wouldn't work in it, so nobody asks for the damned things now.

I do love other dried fruits in combination with both sweet and savory dishes, though - apples, apricots, pineapple, mango - there are so many lovely choices.

A few years ago my grandmother told me she puts liver in her stuffing & then takes it out when it's done cooking & I could've went my whole life without knowing that.

She also makes the worst tasting pumpkin pie. She basically just takes a can of pumpkin & puts it in a crust & doesn't add any seasonings. Disgusting!

This cracked me up!

What's even more hilarious is the one year she gave a pie to my sister & I & we both argued on who would have to take it home to eat it. Luckily no one had to eat it that year, because as I was getting out of the suburban I tripped & belly flopped right on the pie. No pie! Scraped knees. Totally worth it.

When you know you cannot turn down food that someone is offering like that you're then supposed to thank them sincerely and gratefully and smile while doing so. Then you take it home and throw it away.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

I get that! I've gone through literally weeks of eating nothing but rice porridge because I couldn't think of anything else I could bring myself to eat. It's weird.

Also, granola bars are my weakness. I try not to even keep them in the house anymore.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I just realized that a few pairs of the shorts I bought today look a bit like pajamas. I'm wondering if I accidentally bought pajamas, but I doubt it as they were amongst all the other clothes and away from the pajama section :neutral:

I don't think anyone at the resort is going to care anyway... people are going to be walking around in bathing suits all the time (count me out-too self conscious).

But this says something for my fashion sense!!

I admit, I laughed out loud when I read this. I've noticed that some of the non denim shorts do resemble pajamas. My daughter owns a pair. I'm sure you'll look adorable pajamas or not.
    Thanks! At least I'll be comfortable ;)

I have to get up at 4 so I can get to the airport and board my plane at 6:15 :neutral: Not looking forward to getting up that early, but at least I'll be in paradise soon, eh? (I'm hoping my tub won't have mold like some reviewers are saying it will!)

But I'll miss this thread while I'm gone!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I did well on my calories allllllll day... then the child asked to watch Spongebob Out of Water... No way I can do this sober... bring on the wine...

LOL! Good luck!

They do make some pretty messed up kids shows. My niece when she was 2-3 used to be obsessed with this show Oobi. It was a talking hand.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    So I just realized that a few pairs of the shorts I bought today look a bit like pajamas. I'm wondering if I accidentally bought pajamas, but I doubt it as they were amongst all the other clothes and away from the pajama section :neutral:

I don't think anyone at the resort is going to care anyway... people are going to be walking around in bathing suits all the time (count me out-too self conscious).

I admit, I laughed out loud when I read this. I've noticed that some of the non denim shorts do resemble pajamas. My daughter owns a pair. I'm sure you'll look adorable pajamas or not.

I have to get up at 4 so I can get to the airport and board my plane at 6:15 :neutral: Not looking forward to getting up that early, but at least I'll be in paradise soon, eh? (I'm hoping my tub won't have mold like some reviewers are saying it will!)

Enjoy your trip and safe travels
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?

Hammercy verb 1. The act of putting on a pair of drop crotch pants, dancing around and singing "Can't Touch This".

LMFAO! Or dancing to Ice Ice Baby. Alright stop collaborate and listen.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options

Have a great trip!
  • williamsbuffie
    williamsbuffie Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It has been a tough day. I know this was not going to be easy but even the people that help you....judge you....smh and crying
  • williamsbuffie
    williamsbuffie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I was on a little binge of Nimm2 candy yesterday for some reason. I have never really binged, but I guess I needed it for some reason yesterday. Was a bit sick anyway. Well.. and had a burger with wedges in the evening when eating out with friends. Oh well... it won't really change my weight in the long run nor change my maintenance.
  • clairepfitness14
    clairepfitness14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just had four vodka shots. I don't know if they even do anything, vodka's a sober buzz, just takes the edge off. (Not like, I don't know, wine, which has you hugging people and being a sop, or beer, which, thinking about it, is kind of a crappy buzz, actually.) I do feel a bit more relaxed, but it's a fairly sober deal. Waste of money, really, I think I just hate being empty-handed while out.

And way too many cals. 100 for a Canadian shot (1.5 oz).