Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.

And it seems to have nothing to do with general weight loss tips...which is the forum it is in ...interesting

@ndj1979 You are bristling the l337 of this thread. They are an unruly lot. Careful as you tread lad. They have 90's memes and gifs, and aren't afraid to use them. :#
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(

I used to get freckles across my nose and cheekbones when I went skiing. Only time ever and I didn't really understand it
    That's the kind of freckles people imagine when they want them - a youthful sprinkle like that. I'm pretty much covered in freckles, which isn't such a desirable look!

Count me in the "covered with freckles" group. I have them everywhere that has ever been exposed to the sun.

Yep, same here! Although they're most obvious across my nose, I do have a few on my arms etc. My boyfriend things they're 'cute' but it also backfires in that I get ID'd ALL. THE. TIME. in the summer when they're darker. I'm 3 years over the legal drinking age here in the UK but my freckles plus my baby face make me look about 13 haha.
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Well I’ve been reading, but not posting. I’m having a really bad couple of weeks and I didn’t want to dump it all on you guys. However, I have missed you all immensely. Its strange how much I rely on this thread for fun and motivation. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much you have all helped motivate me.

My diet and exercise has gone out of the window, the binge monster is well and truly in situ and my brain is telling me all sorts of horrible things, about how fat and unfit I am, and always will be, and theres little point trying. And no matter how much weight I lose, my boyfriend will still never love me and I’ll never be able to climb the mountain and blah blah blah blah.

I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I’m so fat and just can’t see how I’m going to get it off. And I know binge eating isn’t going to help, but I seem totally incapable of controlling it.

There’s a bit of an issue going on between my boyfriend and I. We need to address it, but I am avoiding the issue. Because, irrational me says he’s going to tell me all the things I don’t want to hear (that I believe about myself). So the poor guy has been getting a really hard time, for something I *think* he might say. I’m not being very grown up about things at the moment.

Most of the problem is I have not been taking my anti-depressants properly. I miss lots of days at a time, and that is obviously contributing to the blackness. Rationally I know I can fix that. I have reminders on my phone and email to take it, but I mostly just ignore them. I don’t know why. I know they help.

And just to make another excuse, theres a lot going on. My mum has cancer and is having her operation today. Her recovery time means I need to be home to have Charlie (2yo nephew) a lot more, which interferes with my life a bit, and well just excuses really. I feel overwhelmed with everything.

I’m sorry to dump this all on you, but a couple of people here told me it might help to get it out. And a big thank you to those of you who messaged me to check in: @pofoster21, @girldownsouth and @nonoelmo @Lois_1989. I really did appreciate it, and it was nice to think people noticed and cared enough to send a note. I hope I can remember to do the same for others.

I am trying to remember that today is a new day and all I can do is try. And some advice given to me in a message was that you will be able to help me with that. And I know its true. As a support group, you lot are amazing.

Sometimes I think about not checking in/posting here but like you, I like reading this thread and it does make me feel better. I think that I'm complaining here too much and I don't want to bring anyone down. It is just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. Please know that at least someone here cares about you and doesn't mind if you vent (I read everything here and I will listen if you need someone).

I am so down right now that it is hard to find reasons to keep going sometimes.

I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. I hope your mom gets through everything okay. That is really scary. I am also sorry you are having issues with your boyfriend as well. I'm right there with you on that one. (HUGS) If your meds help, make sure you are taking them!!!

No, you don't complain too much and I'm really happy you're still here and still posting! Keep doing it. I hope it will help you in some way.

@orangesmartie, I'm very sorry for all of your struggles, but I'm also really glad that you updated us and are still with us. You were missed!

I second this! You dont complain too much at all, I'm the same, reading this thread definitely makes me feel better if I'm having a rough day, I'm not sure why.

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's not trivial at all. I'm sorry for your loss. Hugs.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.

Family/friends always wanted me to do the stuffing-with-raisins thing, which revolts me. But I found a way around it. I started making a jalapeno corn bread stuffing instead. Everyone loved it, and there's no question that raisins wouldn't work in it, so nobody asks for the damned things now.

I do love other dried fruits in combination with both sweet and savory dishes, though - apples, apricots, pineapple, mango - there are so many lovely choices.

A few years ago my grandmother told me she puts liver in her stuffing & then takes it out when it's done cooking & I could've went my whole life without knowing that.

She also makes the worst tasting pumpkin pie. She basically just takes a can of pumpkin & puts it in a crust & doesn't add any seasonings. Disgusting!

This cracked me up!

What's even more hilarious is the one year she gave a pie to my sister & I & we both argued on who would have to take it home to eat it. Luckily no one had to eat it that year, because as I was getting out of the suburban I tripped & belly flopped right on the pie. No pie! Scraped knees. Totally worth it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Susie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?

Sadly, no. *sniffle* Although, considering the price of Ben & Jerry's here, Talenti might be way beyond my budget even if it was. :-/

Boo! Have you ever tried to make your own? I still can't believe you have to pay $15.00 for ice cream. I wish we could mail you guys some:(.

At least I have my beloved London Dairy! It is a little expensive, but more like 5 dollars than 15. :) We do have some local brands, but they taste kind of cheap, and the imported stuff like Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Daz (sp?), Fregento, Skinny Cow, Breyers, and others are really out of this world expensive.

But that's okay, because London Dairy is amazing. And they have a Speculoos biscuit flavor. Mmmmm. <3

Yeah I wouldn't pay much for Breyers since most of their ice cream is a frozen dairy dessert & not the real stuff.

You can't go wrong with cookie butter ice cream:D. Do you guys get Jif products over there? If so you need to get the Hazelnut spreads if you get them there. So good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)

Yum! So did you have any?

Nope, I used it on a lovely bag of Salt & Vinegar potato chips instead. Totally worth it. And then I bought some really awesome ice cream, which I've budgeted in today. So, I get both! ;)

Yeah! Sweet & salty:D. The best of both worlds. Did you eat some sweet & then chase it with a chip?

I hate sweet and savory combined, actually. Like some others in this thread, the idea of fruit in stuffing, salads, etc. is gross to me. :-/ (Not judging anyone who likes it, of course--just my personal taste. :))

And to get in on all the other conversations that I missed out on... I hate barbecue sauce because it's sweet, I can't stand ketchup for the same reason, and I don't put brown sugar or ketchup in my sloppy joes sauce, either. It has to be one or the other! :o To further scandalize everyone, I also hate buffalo wings/barbecued chicken wings because they're so sweet.

BUT, I did get a steak and cheese sub with my chips, and THAT was delicious. Yum!

Something sweet & savory I've bought recently that is really good & someone could make homemade if they wanted is Barber Foods Apple Cranberry with Brie stuffed chicken breasts. They're so good & only 300 calories per piece.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)

Nope, I used it on a lovely bag of Salt & Vinegar potato chips instead. Totally worth it. And then I bought some really awesome ice cream, which I've budgeted in today. So, I get both! ;)

Yeah! Sweet & salty:D. The best of both worlds. Did you eat some sweet & then chase it with a chip?

I hate sweet and savory combined, actually. Like some others in this thread, the idea of fruit in stuffing, salads, etc. is gross to me. :-/ (Not judging anyone who likes it, of course--just my personal taste. :))

And to get in on all the other conversations that I missed out on... I hate barbecue sauce because it's sweet, I can't stand ketchup for the same reason, and I don't put brown sugar or ketchup in my sloppy joes sauce, either. It has to be one or the other! :o To further scandalize everyone, I also hate buffalo wings/barbecued chicken wings because they're so sweet.

BUT, I did get a steak and cheese sub with my chips, and THAT was delicious. Yum!

Something sweet & savory I've bought recently that is really good & someone could make homemade if they wanted is Barber Foods Apple Cranberry with Brie stuffed chicken breasts. They're so good & only 300 calories per piece.
    Mm, cranberry & brie is a fab combination in anything.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.

interesting…

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Even though it is a no judgment zone I've noticed we do try to talk to people who are struggling with possible eating disorders, binging (I admit I have a few bad binges every now & then), try to do bad fad diets, or suffer from other illnesses be it physical or mental.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.

I love all of those things! I need a brownie with ice cream on it STAT!!! Warm apple pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream would do nicely too.

My mouth just started watering. :blush:

Brownies sundaes are most favoritist dessert. <3
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Susie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?

Sadly, no. *sniffle* Although, considering the price of Ben & Jerry's here, Talenti might be way beyond my budget even if it was. :-/

Boo! Have you ever tried to make your own? I still can't believe you have to pay $15.00 for ice cream. I wish we could mail you guys some:(.

At least I have my beloved London Dairy! It is a little expensive, but more like 5 dollars than 15. :) We do have some local brands, but they taste kind of cheap, and the imported stuff like Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Daz (sp?), Fregento, Skinny Cow, Breyers, and others are really out of this world expensive.

But that's okay, because London Dairy is amazing. And they have a Speculoos biscuit flavor. Mmmmm. <3

Yeah I wouldn't pay much for Breyers since most of their ice cream is a frozen dairy dessert & not the real stuff.

You can't go wrong with cookie butter ice cream:D. Do you guys get Jif products over there? If so you need to get the Hazelnut spreads if you get them there. So good.

We do, but I haven't tried it. I try to buy local stuff as much as humanly possible, because you don't even want to know how much American and U.K. imported products cost. :-/ Saudi Arabia has quite a large range of local products, thankfully, so it's not hard to do. The only imported product I splurge on regularly is Wisconsin cheddar cheese. Worth every penny.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Even though it is a no judgment zone I've noticed we do try to talk to people who are struggling with possible eating disorders, binging (I admit I have a few bad binges every now & then), try to do bad fad diets, or suffer from other illnesses be it physical or mental.

This exactly.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Depends how they say it. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Now, this is a perfect example. Some people may read that and think... "Mmmm, YUM!", but me? I actually cringed. That poor, innocent chicken breast...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
    Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....
    You don't like tomatoes on your salad? ;)