Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Looks like now I need to figure out how to burn off 700 calories to put myself back into the green again.......damn Talenti....

That's why I won't even buy that stuff. I looked at the calories of that last time I was at Kroger and couldn't even put it in my cart! You all recommend too much good food! Sometimes I don't like this thread at all...OK, just kidding!

Hahahaha. That's why I hate the Impulsive Buy website because it lists all this new food items that I cannot find & yet I keep going back for more.

Lol I love that site now. But yeah I can't find most of the stuff! The way I see it though, if I'm going to have to eat boring chicken and veggies so much, might as well have new exciting snacks...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I am totally in this boat! Also, I sometimes yell at the TV when I'm watching sports!

I sometimes use the treadmill as my runaway or do weird dances if some jam from the '80's or '90's comes on.

I will too..but mostly using big arm movements trying to act out the song. I have (more than once) knocked my ear buds out of my ears by swinging my arm and hitting/pulling the cord. I have even yanked the whole MP3 player out of my shorts pocket...scares the crap out of me.

Two words for you.....bluetooth headphones.

Oh my word, yes! Best thing I've ever gotten my hubby to buy me. (Maybe a little exaggeration, but they are awesome.)

Hi from 12 pages back!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html

13 out of 15! Being a rabid reader definitely helped me out on this.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

Am I the only one who loves being naked? I don't know why but I do! Could be because ( I know I say this a lot but it's true) I really have no shame...haters going to hate!

I hate being naked. I hate skin touching skin. And I totally hate when running any part of my body touching any other part. I tried running in a sports bra ONCE. Never again. Yes I am a prude (I believe I have said this before).

My workout shirts have to have sleeves, because I hate my armpits rubbing while I run. I'm with ya!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    DSC_0553.JPG

I don't if this works!

ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo

this is before we set off:
    DSC_0440.JPG

Lunchtime:
    DSC_0472.JPG

this was charlie at the end of the day:
    DSC_0556.JPG

and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

He is absolutely adorable!!

Yes, he is!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Looks like now I need to figure out how to burn off 700 calories to put myself back into the green again.......damn Talenti....

That's why I won't even buy that stuff. I looked at the calories of that last time I was at Kroger and couldn't even put it in my cart! You all recommend too much good food! Sometimes I don't like this thread at all...OK, just kidding!

Hahahaha. That's why I hate the Impulsive Buy website because it lists all this new food items that I cannot find & yet I keep going back for more.

I'm pretty sure I have seen the Lindt Pink Explosion and Chocolate Sundae in a BP/ M&S garage. Mmmmm I want now. Best get my running shoes on!
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning all. Meds taken, and Charlie and I are snuggled up on the sofa watching frozen (its one of his favourites).

I finally got on the scales again today. I've gained 5lbs in my little pity-party binge cycle. I'm sure some of it is water, so my goal is get that 5lb off before I hit the mountain in 2 weeks.

Yes 2 weeks to go until I attempt to climb a mountain, in the dark. And did I mention that there is 2.5 feet of snow on the mountain? I've raised £685 so far for the Alzheimer's society, which I am also proud of. Gonna try and make it £700 before we go.

Feeling brighter today, hopefully can keep food intake to sensible proportions today.

Oh my gosh! I hope I can make this work. You HAVE to watch this! I had tears rolling down my face! "Don't kill Elsa!" Bwahahahahaha!!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/WhatTheFlicka/videos/812847045457425/?pnref=story
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:

Thank God I got 15, that would have been embarrassing!
    Out of curiosity, which one's did you struggle with? It never even occurred to me people wouldn't understand some of those sayings. lol
    Me? None! But then I'm British and Canadian, so I'm pretty much bilingual.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    March 19th I went to my post op appointment after having gallbladder removed. Doc scale weighted me at 356.4lbs and I wanted to crawl into a hole and die... I downloaded the app, started tracking everything I ate... My roommates scale read me at E, so I stepped on it applying weight until I found out it went to E reading after316lbs... I avoided that scale until late April, out of the blue was curious... and there it was.... my first reading 316lbs... I jumped for joy and cried!!! Last two weeks been bouncing between 298-306lbs... but I attribute that directly to the overwhelming stress im enduring and occasionally stress eating...
    smr09012 wrote: »
    When I first started tracking I bought a scale at Walmart (because I was there) and kept getting an E reading. Found out I was too fat for the scale. I returned it the next day and when my (annoyed) fiancé asked why I was dragging him back to Walmart, I said that the scale gave me five different readings, so it must be broken.

Super great! Keep at it! You lost over FIFTY FREAKING POUNDS!!! <3
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time refusing anything with caramel in it...

• quiksylver296
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I am on p 992. Here is my most embarrasing (or perhaps a tie) moment.

My most embarrassing moment.

Once upon a time I lived in one major city and as things worked out my now ex husband and I and our then baby girl were going to move back to where I grew up. For ease of writing this I will choose a name for baby girl, Molly, (not her real name.)

The move was of a distance that would require several days of driving. My genius plan was for 6 month old Molly and I to fly ahead and ex would follow a week or so later with our belongings. It was a great plan. I researched flying with babies. I researched busy flights vs lighter flights. After all my research what I came up with was flying mid-morning mid-week. Somehow I figured that this flight would not be busy. Molly was still being breastfed at the time. I was discrete and covered but I did breastfeed as unobtrusively as possible in public. I booked two tickets on the mid-week, mid-morning flight. My plan was to put the baby car seat in the middle and sit by the window so that I had extra privacy when nursing. Molly despised the car seat and screamed every time she was placed in it so having her in the car seat on the airplane was never part of my plan.

The day started off ok. I had on a t-shirt type blouse on with jeans. I carried a light baby blanket, the diaper bag, car seat and Molly when we boarded the airplane. Here is where my plan started to unravel. I was not allowed to put the car seat in the middle so it was next to the window and Molly and I were in the middle seat. I rolled with it. I was going to make this work. Plus, the seat next to me on the aisle was empty. Just before the doors closed to the airplane a very handsome man about my age (late 20’s) in a full, dark suit sat down in the aisle seat. He was very good looking and he seemed nervous. We didn’t acknowledge each other. Molly was at the age of alertness and a beautiful baby.

The airplane started taxing down the runway. I had heard that nursing on takeoff and landing was very helpful in preventing ear pain and preventing baby Molly from crying. We started the taxi and I put Molly on the breast farthest away from my seatmate. Molly started happily nursing. The plane was about to take off when the safety announcements started with a loud hiss and squeal. Baby Molly jerked her head toward the noise. This threw off the light blanket covering her. She had not let go of my nipple when she jerked her head. In fact, there was quite a vacuum formed. So when her head jerked quickly and unexpectedly away from my body there was a loud and obvious “pop” noise as the vacuum from her mouth nursing was broken. This noise was immediately followed by a light spray of breastmilk crossing over to the arm/suit jacket of the man in the aisle seat next to me. I covered myself quickly. I watched in horror as those tiny little droplets of milk soaked into the sleeve of his suit jacket. He had not responded /moved during this but I assume he had to have noticed something. We did not make eye contact or acknowledge each other during flight. I was horrified and mortified. What do you EVEN say to some stranger you’ve inadvertently sprayed with your breastmilk?

I’ve always wondered if he knew the extent of it, it was fine droplets but how could he not? Since then I’ve come to see the humor in it, but it took me years to get there. :)

Sorry, but I am laughing so hard! That is hilarious!!!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Today marks 1 year of food logging for me, this time last year I was 250lbs and wearing 42" waist pants and couldn't run an 1/8 of a mile. Now I'm 180lbs, wearing 32" waist pants and run 3 miles a few times a week.

The really surprising part to me is that with the exception of the first month it just seems too easy and I feel like if I stop logging the weight will show back up overnight.

Well done & it will! Every time I stop logging I gain. Period.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    DSC_0553.JPG

I might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid
    He certainly is a cutie - you're lovely too! Looks like you had a great day together!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!! Sounds like some of you had a great weekend. We did next to nothing, besides the ER trip. The little girl is doing better but still covered in red spots. Hoping that will be fading soon. Thanks to all of you who wished her well.
    @quiksylver296 - I love my bluetooth headphones and will not go back to wired ones. I would always catch the wire and yank them off my head during a work out.
    @MoHousdon - saw a news story this morning about pitbulls possibly being a universal donor for other dog breeds. Thought you might like that one.
    @orangesmartie - Charlie is so cute!! He looks like he had a wonderful time at the zoo.

Getting myself back to lifting again and the food part is getting better too. I think I may have worked past my need for gelato every day! This place helps with that more than you know.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    trvlpk wrote: »
    I don't know how to eat "healthy" and do not know what good nutrition means. :/ Also, I am a compulsive overeater/food addict that is finding it very hard to find recovery.

Time to do some research! You have the whole world at your fingertips!

Here's my hints - more fruits and veggies. Less chips and cakes and cookies and ice cream. Notice I didn't say NO chips, cakes, cookies or ice cream. It's all about moderation. If you quit your favorite food cold turkey, you may trigger a binge. Determine your TDEE (Google it), subtract 10% from that TDEE, and eat that amount of calories per day. Try to make at least one good food choice every day. As it gets easier, then try to make two good food choices, etc, etc.

You can do this. Educate yourself. Don't try any "get skinny quick" schemes. Slow and steady and reasonable are what are going to win this race.

ETA: Your TDEE changes with your weight, so make sure to redo the calculation as you lose weight.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.

Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1

I'll post some pictures on sunday after we get back!!

NIce. I have been a EDM DJ and for over 15 years and have followed EDC and Insomniac parties for decades. Have fun!

<----Hint... username = mixmode ;)

Confession: I never figured that one. It just looked like gibberish to me. :p
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Yup, I just lost 30 mins of my life looking at that website thinking "Mmmmm that looks good" followed by "Awwww, and I'll never know"
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Charlie and I have had a lovely day at the zoo, and according to my Fitbit, we've walked over 8 miles! Not bad for a two year old! If I knew how to post pics, I'd post a selfie we took.

Man I want your kid. Mine whine after half a mile.

Confession - went to Mexican for lunch, I ordered the 880 calorie taco salad knowing I wouldn't eat the tortilla shell anyway... but I did. And I stole one of the kids cheese nachos. Still enough calories for a light dinner at least.

Also bought shortcakes at Trader Joe's because I'm craving strawberry shortcake so that's my breakfast tomorrow.

We went to Disneyworld when my son had just turned eight. We walked all over the parks for five days and we kept seeing kids my son's age being pushed around in strollers. I was amazed at that, because my son hadn't complained at all. On the last day, I said something to my son about the other kids his age in strollers. He replied with, "Yeah, my legs hurt and I'm tired, but I know dad would have just told me to suck it up."

Part of me felt bad. The other part of me was really proud of him for toughing it out and learning he could go farther than he thought he could.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Thank God I got 15, that would have been embarrassing!
    Out of curiosity, which one's did you struggle with? It never even occurred to me people wouldn't understand some of those sayings. lol
    Me? None! But then I'm British and Canadian, so I'm pretty much bilingual.

:lol: Whenever someone asks me if I can speak another language I always say "Yeh, I can speak English, American, Canadian, Australian...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by briefly to post my own bicep pic! I wanted in on the action. :)wqoab341wnrv.jpg

Holy crap! Jealous!