Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I cried a lot this afternoon....a LOT

I am not gonna lie, grief bacon for the win! Perhaps during the week when I can just ignore the phone it won't be so bad....

Things have relaxed for now in intensity, but no resolution.......

My fitbit is charging now and seemed to be counting once I charged it a bit, so fingers crossed that it is ok.....weird that it did not warn me with an email before dying, but just gonna hope its a fluke at this point....

Did anyone see the second part of my left at the bar story? Someone (sorry, can't remember who), asked if I was there for a long time, so I told the rest of what happened, but it got trapped at the bottom of a page and it took me a bit to find it, so I am wondering if anyone actually saw it or not......

P.S. - then I have a DEAD spider, which is not much better.....what do you suggest I do with that??

I saw the second part and I would have super mad at my friend as well. Girls are supposed to look out for each other

As for the spider I would vacuum that sucker up. Oh yes I would

That's the agreement I have with ALL spiders that come into the house. They can live in the house, but they have to survive the vacuum cleaner. If they survive the vacuum cleaner, then they have to LIVE in the vacuum cleaner for the rest of their days or be revacuumed.

For all you cat lovers on this thread, don't your cats hunt spiders? I am not a cat person, but every once in awhile a make an agreement with our barn cats that they can have a reprieve in our house if they promise to catch all of the spiders.

My cat is the world's least dangerous hunter. She follows bugs around the house quite well, but she just places her paw on them to stop them from moving so she can sniff them. Then she lets them go. Then stops them again. Then let's them go...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

You and I should get married. I plan the ceremony and the dress. You plan the food.

Although I want mine on the beach in East Hampton where my mom lives and to rent a house and just throw a big party as I have mentioned before. So we might need to be like Becky Bloomwood (confessions of a shopaholic for those who don't get the reference ) and have 2 weddings.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

- Housework (Please, self, for the love of God, clean this house...)

This made me laugh so hard. ..

lol :p It made my husband snicker, too, when he saw it. I'm happy to report that house-cleaning is under way, and the apartment almost looks like humans live in it now!

... Not that it was a pigsty or anything, but I have a tendency to do a ton of cleaning in one day (like today...) and the house sparkles, then I let it all go downhill for a week or so until there's another ton of cleaning to do. I need to learn to just maintain the shiny! :p

This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    " I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p

Done and of course you are invited! the guests will essentially be our families and you guys lolol

I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D

Both!! I'm really looking forward to it, I wanna be there and doing it! I think i feel i'm proving something by doing it. I hope i don't let meself down and look like an....donkey.

Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

I'm allergic to tomatoes (and strawberries, raspberries and red peppers) so being tomato free is possible, but requires thought, those suckers are in everything!

Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

You can book a double appointment with your GP (or anyone in the surgery) so you get longer. Also, most practice nurses are better equipped to deal with nutrition advice.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE A DONKEY!

POF: you haven't seen the size of my pack! of course i'm going to look like a donkey carrying all that stuff!!

Actually, i used donkey rather than a different word in deference to Susie

Okay that reference makes more sense.

And I have to thank Susie...I think I am finally cleaning up my language. I keep finding substitute words to use in here and it's translating into life.

I do giggle everytime I type Oh My Gosh.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

well duh, we live in the same area, of course that makes him trustworthy!

sigh... :s

Because he can't handle how dating website girls aren't easy lays?

Since "snuggle" sounds like code for "go to your place and proceed to manipulate/coerce/guilt trip you into putting out", I'd say you dodged a bullet with that one. Ick.
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

I'm not sure that anything Red Velvet Cheesecake-ish could ever be bad. Your description just raises it to a whole new level of sublime. :)
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Count me in for October birthdays! (October 4th, anyone?)

I need a Fitbit, but broke people problems won't allow such right now. :cry:

Another October birthday here too! Oct 23
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

This doesn't sound like a partnership to me, more like a dictatorship. This would not be OK with me. Hugs to you.

Ditto. Many hugs
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Could someone pm me the group too please? I'm not 100% sure what its for but if it's called the Batcave I can't help but want in (do you guys have codenames and passwords? :wink: )

Under groups, it is called Confession is Good for the Soul, we just refer to it as the Batcave after Tubbs called the group listing that one time. I started a thread in the group for the fitbit. I like the idea of a daily thread for all activity trackers for us, then they can't say we aren't promoting weight loss!

Aah that makes sense! I want a fitbit but I guess I need to get saving for it :) Thanks for the explanation! haha

i went with the fitbit zip because i couldn't afford one of the "bigger" ones.
    and of course i hunted for a sale :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Coastalpath and @xLoveLikeWinterx I'm sorry you're both struggling right now- what you're feeling is perfectly acceptable as they're YOUR feelings, please don't let anyone try and tell you what you can and cannot feel. I totally understand the whole "it could be worse". Yes it could be but this is your reality and what you live in every day. I hope things pan out for both of you (((many hugs)))

Adding hugs
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Busy week coming up so for the stateside folks, can I get a HELLZ YEAH for this 4 day work week?!?! B)

Well I have Friday booked off because it's SO's Birthday so can I join in on the fun? :smile:

I never work Fridays, so i always have 4 days weeks, can i be in?

This is getting better and better!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, you guys! I thought this thread slowed down on the weekends. LOL I have work to do!!! I also have an interview this afternoon for a promotion here, so if you could spare any extra mojo, I'd appreciate it!

*slinks off to catch up*

Mojo, headed your way... good luck, I'm sure you'll wow them!

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

No judging here. I have no idea who most of the singers are on the radio nowadays.

Ed-Sheeran-x-ed-sheeran-x-32982729-1920-1080.jpg

That's Ed Sheeran

Ummmm definitely not my type.

My oldest looks like Ed, except with Hazel eyes instead of Ed's. Same hair, freckles, etc.

And thanks everyone for not ragging on me- whenever I try to say even a little bit of "I'd like a girl or a 3rd" IRL I get SLAMMED. Everyone bags on me, so I just keep it in. We live in a relatively affluent community and it's 1-2 kids MAX, full of soccer moms in SUVs, perfectly done makeup/hair, etc. Every once in a while it gets to me.

And I agree I need to talk to DH- I'm just not sure I can do it this week. I'm a bit emotional anyway and I need time to process the events of last weekend or I will just cry and that does nothing to help. It needs to be rational and I need to say, "I would like to do x, y, z because it is what I need. If you have objections, let's talk through them." Right now I will cry and yell and no one wins.

I also absolutely need counseling to reconcile my brain and heart with the kids that I have. I don't LIKE feeling like this and I sure don't want to feel this way for the rest of my life, but journaling/talking it out with myself only helps sometimes. When events happen like this past weekend, it throws me back into "crying in the shower" mode.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I'm going to tighten up on my eating and moving this week, especially since we're going to a Darius Rucker concert Thursday night ( yay!!), and I know there won't be options for "good" foods lol.

I'm only going to this concert for Darius and a band out of Laurens known as Outshyne. Colt ford is going to be there too, but I don't really care for his "music". Rap has a place, but not so much in country music. Although, I do happen to like Florida Georgia Line too...

I love Darius. I actually do like Colt Ford but not all his songs. And I don't like rap. I do like rap mixed in like Red Dirt Road. I love FGL and I have heard outshyne in Sirrus.

Probably the only Colt Ford stuff I liked was when he did "Dirt Road Anthem" on Brantley Gilbert's "Halfway to Heaven" cd. Hubby has one of his CDs, but I've only listened to it once or twice lol.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

Have a safe trip!!

I was going to take you up on this yesterday but every time I tried to post mfp decided it didn't like me.

Today I'm aiming for:

7,000 steps (it's low but between Saturday and Sunday I did close to 27,000 which is a new record for me)

No alcohol

Get half my long to do list done at work since it's a holiday Wednesday and its month end.

@Glinda1971 Are you in finance, by any chance? I am....next week is our month end. And quarter close. I dread it every month.

I am - I'm the office manager and financial controller (fancy title) for a smallish company. With a boss who loves excel spreadsheets and reports on almost every number imaginable.

Haha. I'm in Project Controls for a huge company. I pretty much spend my life in Excel...lol.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.

Yep! We have a husband and wife team that have been cleaning our house for over three years now. They come every third Wednesday! For us, it was totally worth it because my cleaning standards and my husbands cleaning standards are VERY different! He never wanted to clean and it felt like that was all I was doing on weekends. We sacrifice eating out as much, but we (almost) never argue about cleaning the house anymore.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    At one of our local grocery stores they have a cow on the front of the milk display and the cow moos at you every time you walk by it. I hate that cow. I turned around the other day and said to it.
    " I know right!! But I am working on it so back off!!
    There were 2 elderly ladies standing they and I am sure they were ready to call someone to take me away!

I snorted! That's hilarious!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Good morning from page 1087!!! I'm never going to get caught up. :p

I crossed something off my bucket list this weekend - white water rafting! It was so fun! I have a busy, busy week this week and leave for vacation in two weeks, so I'll probably be hit and miss around here. See you all when things mellow out.

I have always wanted to try this!
    White water rafting is great. I have been many times. Good stuff

• Oberon21
    Options
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

No judging here. I have no idea who most of the singers are on the radio nowadays.

Ed-Sheeran-x-ed-sheeran-x-32982729-1920-1080.jpg

That's Ed Sheeran

Ummmm definitely not my type.

My oldest looks like Ed, except with Hazel eyes instead of Ed's. Same hair, freckles, etc.

And thanks everyone for not ragging on me- whenever I try to say even a little bit of "I'd like a girl or a 3rd" IRL I get SLAMMED. Everyone bags on me, so I just keep it in. We live in a relatively affluent community and it's 1-2 kids MAX, full of soccer moms in SUVs, perfectly done makeup/hair, etc. Every once in a while it gets to me.

And I agree I need to talk to DH- I'm just not sure I can do it this week. I'm a bit emotional anyway and I need time to process the events of last weekend or I will just cry and that does nothing to help. It needs to be rational and I need to say, "I would like to do x, y, z because it is what I need. If you have objections, let's talk through them." Right now I will cry and yell and no one wins.

I also absolutely need counseling to reconcile my brain and heart with the kids that I have. I don't LIKE feeling like this and I sure don't want to feel this way for the rest of my life, but journaling/talking it out with myself only helps sometimes. When events happen like this past weekend, it throws me back into "crying in the shower" mode.

Well keep practicing with us. I get super emotional too when something really matters and that can be a form of manipulation for the other person too. They can position it as you are not rational and win that way. You need to get it together then when you meet with him stay calm and on point. You feelings are as valid as his. So are your needs. THAT is what makes a partnership.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I'm going to tighten up on my eating and moving this week, especially since we're going to a Darius Rucker concert Thursday night ( yay!!), and I know there won't be options for "good" foods lol.

I'm only going to this concert for Darius and a band out of Laurens known as Outshyne. Colt ford is going to be there too, but I don't really care for his "music". Rap has a place, but not so much in country music. Although, I do happen to like Florida Georgia Line too...

I love Darius. I actually do like Colt Ford but not all his songs. And I don't like rap. I do like rap mixed in like Red Dirt Road. I love FGL and I have heard outshyne in Sirrus.

Probably the only Colt Ford stuff I liked was when he did "Dirt Road Anthem" on Brantley Gilbert's "Halfway to Heaven" cd. Hubby has one of his CDs, but I've only listened to it once or twice lol.

Dirt road anthem is what I meant! Thank you. I LOVE that song.