Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

Any meat, fish, salad, vegetables, fruit (but limited) I'm going to have to read up about it. The problem with England is when you go to the doctors, you only get a 10 minute consultation time. (If you're lucky, I know some which are just 5 minutes) so he only had time to explain why I should do it and the science behind it (most of which I can't remember) so when it came to what I can actually eat, I'm not sure. That and I have a stinking cold so I just want to go back to bed right now rather than tackling a whole new eating habit.

What if you have several things to discuss or more than one problem?

One problem per appointment, if you have more than one problem, you book a double appointment (or more). This is just for the GP of course. If you were seeing a specific consultant, you'd get however long is the norm for that.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @susieqhusband she needs a Fitbit. Now!

And I know you are reading this!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Yep- @kellienw335 I have the jawbone! Do you need my name or my email addy?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    oh and @pofoster21 Patricia- he's not my type either but he writes all his own music and his voice is AMAZING. Melt worthy...makes him much more easier on the eyes. But I have the ultimate sexy Englishman already so no worries there!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, no one really took me up on our daily motivation, but I am going to go ahead and share progress anyway.

Steps: 19, 903 (vs. 25K goal) due to rain and help at barn, as I didn't do quite as much walking as I might normally due as I had help. +
    Never got to my run. I had forgotten my shoes so had clothes but no shoes at barn. So had to come home (kiss of death) and try to motivate myself. Well, after eating, and dealing with a washing machine mess (standing water due to clogged filter from washing bathroom mat that disintegrated) it was 10:00. I just couldn't get myself out then. +
    No alcohol +
    Did not work on dissertation. For the above reasons.

So not great. Today:

Flying to Dallas on a 6:40 flight (hence being up so early) for a meeting. So... this is really going to be a challenge but going to try to:

Walk 10K
    Run 1 hour
    Work in dissertation (I will use the plane trip to read some articles I have lined up for my literature review)
    No alcohol (this will also be challenging as I am going out with some of my team for 'drinks' as I am in Dallas and we don't see each other much.

So...on 3 hours sleep off I go. I'll probably check in at airport, etc. Have a great day all.

Have a safe trip!!

I was going to take you up on this yesterday but every time I tried to post mfp decided it didn't like me.

Today I'm aiming for:

7,000 steps (it's low but between Saturday and Sunday I did close to 27,000 which is a new record for me)

No alcohol

Get half my long to do list done at work since it's a holiday Wednesday and its month end.

@Glinda1971 Are you in finance, by any chance? I am....next week is our month end. And quarter close. I dread it every month.

I am - I'm the office manager and financial controller (fancy title) for a smallish company. With a boss who loves excel spreadsheets and reports on almost every number imaginable.

Haha. I'm in Project Controls for a huge company. I pretty much spend my life in Excel...lol.

I currently have six spreadsheets open...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    This is why I have a cleaning service come once a month. Or nothing would ever get cleaned. Then it's insurmountable.

Yep! We have a husband and wife team that have been cleaning our house for over three years now. They come every third Wednesday! For us, it was totally worth it because my cleaning standards and my husbands cleaning standards are VERY different! He never wanted to clean and it felt like that was all I was doing on weekends. We sacrifice eating out as much, but we (almost) never argue about cleaning the house anymore.

We have a very nice lady that comes in every two weeks. Best money I ever spent.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Hahahahaha! Bossing around the lurking husband. So funny!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

That made me giggle!!!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I can't stay caught up, sorry all! 7/1 is a really busy time around here & I'm in the thick of it.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I can't stay caught up, sorry all! 7/1 is a really busy time around here & I'm in the thick of it.

We will still be here when you get caught up :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

End of budget year always sucks. Good luck, @xMrBunglex
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....
    That's just terrible. Were you stuck there for a while?

YES!!

To tell a little more of the story, one of my best friends was living with me at my mother's house at the time. She went out on a date with a different guy and took my mom's car. I told her I would make sure my date and I ended up at our usual club, and for her to come and check me when she was done, in case things were not going well for me.

I would say this guy left around 11-midnight. This club closed at 4am. I refused a few rides home from people I knew, figuring my friend would come for me sooner or later, and I was 30 minutes from home and didn't want to put anyone out of their way. So I just danced and had a few drinks etc. The club closed. I took a cab home, at like 5am, and got home like 5:30am. My mother was up at the kitchen table and I came in and asked if my friend was home yet, she was not. I told my mother what happened, and went up to my room, fuming. About half an hour later I heard my friend come in, and my mother told her to tread lightly cuz I was really mad.

Turns out her and her date decided to go to a club THREE HOURS AWAY, so she never came to check on me because she knew my club would have been well closed by the time they got back to the area. She said she figured I would be fine. I was mad about that for a long time.

@kelly_c_77

Easier than retyping!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Don't let anyone let you think your feelings are not valid! Let it out!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    Confession: It was my sister's birthday this weekend, and we had ice cream cake for her yesterday. I just dug in with a fork once everyone else was done, and I regret nothing! I'd just finished a 6 hour round trip hike up a mountain with a 970m elevation gain in 31 degree Celsius weather and I was starving. I've been trying mindful eating for the past few days, with a fair bit of success, but that completely went out the window yesterday.

I would say after doing a mountain hike you certainly earned it!!

Thanks! It was our first hike of the summer season too, so the only thing that kept me from giving up was my boyfriend was already at the top, and I was carrying his food. I ran out of steam at the beginning of the scree slope, so it took me probably twice as long to do it as it normally would have. When I finally made it, I found out he'd had the exact same experience, so it wasn't just me. Too long of a hike on too hot of a day when we're just starting the season lol. Next week is going to be an easier mountain.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o

I thought the same thing! Of course, being Italian, pretty much everything I eat is covered in tomatoes and cheese, lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.

Coastal (responding to the first post since I never saw it) I feel the same. I pretty much feel like I'm drowning. I'm expected to be the rock for everyone, and most of the time I stoically am. But times like right now, I just want to scream and cry and throw a fit. I want someone to comfort ME and no one is. I'm supposed to hold it together and do 1,000 different things well every day, without fail or exception.

I joke with people a lot that it sucks to be me, because I don't get a "down day", but it's true. I'm expected to be on point 24/7 and I'm struggling. I get the "count your blessings" and "it could be worse" a LOT. Yes, it could be. In the scheme of things, what bothers me could be construed as petty. It doesn't mean it hurts less or I'm less upset. I am grateful for what I have, but aren't I also allowed to be upset too?!

Warning- the below will make me sound like an ungrateful brat. I know this, but they are MY feelings. I'm working on processing them, but it takes time.

I found out on Saturday that good friends of ours (who have 2 boys about the same age as us) are wanting a 3rd. They want to try for a girl. They previously said they were done but the DH changed his mind. I went upstairs and cried. I have wanted 3 kids since I was little. DH said no, 2 was all he could take. He got a vasectomy last Nov so there will only be 2. I agreed because I don't believe in forcing someone to have more kids if they don't want to. I'm not the only one involved in the decision. DH also swore we could look into adopting, which helped ease my feelings about the V.

I have regretted it EVERY DAY since. When I see parents out with 3 or more kids, I'm envious. If one or more is a girl, I am so jealous. I want a daughter. I always have. I love my boys so much, but there is a part of me that will always hurt because I wanted a girl. Both times, the u/s tech told me they were girls and I was blissful for a few weeks until told they were boys. They will never know. I will NEVER tell them they aren't "enough" for me, because they are. I am grateful they are both here and healthy and I would NOT trade them for anything, but I feel a twinge every time I look at a girl or girl baby. DH has also now decided he doesn't want to adopt, so I feel a bit of a pang of "bait and switch" sometimes when I think about it. Mostly I want 3 kids, but not gonna lie, a girl would be awesome.

I feel so alone, because DH is d-o-n-e. 2 is enough for him, he doesn't remotely want a 3rd. Talking to him about it doesn't help, because he has a hard time sympathizing with me. Ok, so he joked around and said I could get a dog to "mother". I agreed. Now last night he is reneging and saying "well, we can get a dog when we get x, y, and z done around the house". This will literally be YEARS. He knows this. Bait and switch #2.

He also said I could look into getting a new car within the month. So I've been plotting out savings, trade-in value, etc. This past weekend he decided nope, my Jeep runs fine for now and maybe we'll think about it in 6 months. Bait and switch #3.

I'm frustrated, I'm sad, I feel like everything I want always comes last after everyone else, and yes I know this is all first world problems, but right now it's rough. On top of it, I'm dieting strictly, so I think I'm just in a funk and crabby from that too. It's the one thing I feel like I'm succeeding at, though, so I don't want to give it up. I have 10.5 lb to go. I'm SO close. I just want to accomplish Something, ya know?

*ok, sorry for the pathetic vent. Carry on*

I understand not wanting to push him into a third kid, but if you want a dog that you are gonna take care of, get a dog.....he is one half of a couple, not the manager of the household.....both of you have a voice.....
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal eee I know the feeling when the guy is nice enough but that spark just isn't there and he keeps trying to touch you haha I hate that! At least you made a new friend and now you don't have to think 'what if' if you hadn't gone!

Lol yep it was pretty awkward and I am actually glad I went! Thank you all for the positive thoughts this week

That is so awkward!
    I once went on a date and the guy was really into me, and I just was not feeling it....so we had went out for dinner and then went to a club I frequented....I thought he might have clued in when I kept introducing him as my friend and not my date, but he didn't. Finally, he leans into me and tells me how much he likes me....and I decide to be honest, and tell him he is a great guy but I am just not feeling it, that I will dance with him and such the rest of the night but I did not see it going anywhere.....he seemed fine, bought us another round of drinks, and then went to the bathroom, and NEVER RETURNED. He drove, so I was stranded a city away, at a night club. I was not impressed.....
    That's just terrible. Were you stuck there for a while?

YES!!

To tell a little more of the story, one of my best friends was living with me at my mother's house at the time. She went out on a date with a different guy and took my mom's car. I told her I would make sure my date and I ended up at our usual club, and for her to come and check me when she was done, in case things were not going well for me.

I would say this guy left around 11-midnight. This club closed at 4am. I refused a few rides home from people I knew, figuring my friend would come for me sooner or later, and I was 30 minutes from home and didn't want to put anyone out of their way. So I just danced and had a few drinks etc. The club closed. I took a cab home, at like 5am, and got home like 5:30am. My mother was up at the kitchen table and I came in and asked if my friend was home yet, she was not. I told my mother what happened, and went up to my room, fuming. About half an hour later I heard my friend come in, and my mother told her to tread lightly cuz I was really mad.

Turns out her and her date decided to go to a club THREE HOURS AWAY, so she never came to check on me because she knew my club would have been well closed by the time they got back to the area. She said she figured I would be fine. I was mad about that for a long time.

@kelly_c_77

Easier than retyping!

Uhh yeah, I would have been mad too! Did she at least apologize?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Went for my long run on Sunday (7 Miles), it went well until the last mile... I got a foot cramp from hell, well turns out it wasn't a cramp. I have plantar fasciitis, so I'm bike, weights and stretching bound for the rest of the week. I'm not amused.
    This weekend was tons of fun, I gamed and cleaned a bit. It's a short week here, I can't even begin to explain how excited I am about it even if it is the Wednesday off lol
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!

She happens to eat fish, so that gives me more options! I think we're going with a Chilean Sea Bass with a ginger scallion (I think - didn't care, it was amazing) sauce. Sides will probably be standard roasted veggies (for everyone - buffet!) because it'll be late fall in Pennsylvania.

However, I'm also having a FRENCH FRY BAR so who cares about dinner? Plus most of the things they'll be passing around during cocktail hour happen to be seafood or non-meat (figs with goat cheese and balsamic reduction what?!) because I think it's important to mix it up. I like food way too much to settle.

Nothing's finalized since I'm an insane person and still have 16 months until my wedding, but these are very important decisions so I've started working on them now. ;)

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.

If I EVER have a wedding/vowel renewal, I'm 100% stealing this idea. French fries are seriously one of my favorite foods and a French fry bar would make me happier than I really care to admit. I may also have a DP fountain. You know, like a chocolate fountain, only with Dr. Pepper.

Dr Pepper fountain, that's funny stuff. :D

Come to think of it, I may steal the french fry bar idea too. We like to have game nights/parties at our house and I'm always trying to think of new food to serve.

ETA: I can't spell

Drooling over the idea of the French fry bar

For the curious!

French Fry Station

Crispy French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries Accompanied By Cheddar Cheese, Ketchup, Garlic Allmanaise, Jalapeno Ranch, Bacon Bits, Shakers of: Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Salt, Old Bay Seasoning

That sounds so delicious!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Way behind again. :( Here are some things I wanted to comment on:
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

So scary! I hope he is okay.

Still haven't tried the Talenti..I want to but just every time I get ice cream I get my half baked! Can never go wrong there :)

I finally tried some this weekend (the Southern Butter Pecan) because of all the recommendations in this thread. It was good. I ate the whole thing in one day though.

I bought a $50.00 kettlebell and hardly ever use it.
    I have that one beat - I financed a NordicTrack back in the 80's. Still in pristine condition :p

Haha this sounds familiar. I got a treadmill from my family back in 2004. I used it for a few months and now it functions as extra closet space most the time due to space constraints.

12,047. I did it!!
    @riderfangal is tonight your date night?
    Good job! I can’t wait until my knee is cleared of injury. I used to get over 10k a lot but I haven’t since my injury.
    Alright everyone. I have gone through this entire thread for all the recipes that have been posted (that I could remember, anyway--I used the search function to find each one. I am not reading 1100 pages just to find recipes!) and posted each one as a separate post in the new recipe thread contained in our group.

I hope everyone enjoys them! Here's the link to it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10197731/super-great-recipes

Wow, that is really nice of you!

Oh my Gosh! I totally didn't read that before I did my last post. That is scary.

This made me smile.

How do you get so many steps? I spent a big chunk of my day on my feet and I'm going to hit 13,000 (new personal best).

I'm honestly really curious. Maybe I have a setting wrong or something.

My personal best was a little over 25,000 and it was during camping. I walked A LOT during the day. I’m not sure how I would ever get to 30K.