Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8630108-amber

I added you. :)

My name is Tammy, and my Siamese kitty Max is my profile pic there.

https://goodreads.com/user/show/5477691-tammy

Trying to fix so I can link...

Ok, I created a profile and added you both!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/44563667

Hope this works to link to me

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

I read some of those, too , when I get in a mood. I read one that had Fabio on the cover the other day. Fabio...LOL

Is that from the 1980s?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So Skye is back to her normal tail chasing, toy playing, furniture scratching, queen diva self. She was running laps up and down the hallway this morning and tackling the (much) bigger male cats. She even ate her dry food without any hesitation. YAY! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Yay!
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sometime I like to read success stories from morbidly obese/highly overweight people who have lost hundreds of lbs to make myself feel guilty about not wanting to do the work for the 20 lbs from my cw to my gw.
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So, I posted this as my status, but I thought I'd share it here too...

Well, I turned a negative into a positive and took advantage of my extra awake time. I hopped on the treadmill with plans to just do my regular speed walk/trot/run. But after the first few minutes, I felt pretty good(even with almost 4 extra pounds of water weight from yesterday's horrible eating) so I decided to set a goal and go for it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! I ran my first ever half marathon! I had to stop once for a bathroom break...but otherwise, never stopped. The longest I've ever run without stopping previously was 11ish miles. So, YAY!!
    And my other goal that I had posted in the Batcave the other day was to beat my highest step count which was 37,659. I should be able to crush it today because as of 6:48am, I am at 25,843. :)
    Fourth of July BBQ - I am taking steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob, vinegar cucumbers (my son's favorite), and cherry cheesecake. Mostly healthy, right? I'm blaming the cheesecake on you guys!!!

Can I have some cheesecake!!!???

Sure, come on over!!! Idaho isn't far, right?!?

ETA: it's just the Jello kind, which I confess is my favorite. Unsophisticated palate right here! LOL

There is a big tri in Idaho. Maybe I'll add it to my list of races to do if you'll make cheese cake! As long as its not the ricotta cheese kind I am happy!

Which tri? Where? I'm outside of Boise by about 40 minutes. And no ricotta in my cheesecake. ;)

My Coworker went last week to the iron man in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. Apparently people like to go there because it's generally pretty cool, but this year was record high temps.

Couer d'Alene is gorgeous, but nowhere near me. :'(

Same state. I can still stop by for cheesecake. I'll let you know when I sign up! Right now I have a 1/2 Ironman in Indiana, an Ironman in WI this year, 4 races to do in FL in Jan, a marathon in TN in April and a mountain to climb in England in July next year...so may need to wait until 2017.

If you're climbing @orangesmartie 's mountain, it's in Scotland. Never confuse England and Scotland in front of a Scot, it won't go down well!

It sure doesn't!! I'm a score hen and bred and I hate being called English (even though I now have an English accent, which I hate....)

Seriously you are Scottish? This is getting better and better. I am 100% Irish BTW.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

Mmm We had marble slab in Texas...I make do with Cold Stone up here but it's not the same :(
    Where I live in Texas we actually have both!! Marble Slab and Cold Stone!
    Same here! I admit, I'm not the biggest Cold Stone fan though.

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.
    That's SO cute!!!!! <3
    Yes! That is such an awesome relationship. Reading about you guys gives me a warm feeling inside

• Oberon21
    Options
    Hi guys, checking in. I went camping over the weekend and it was pretty nice. It was my kid's first time camping in the actual outdoor woods. I know people do it, but I was very worried about camping with any babies, so this year was the first year I felt comfortable. They loved it, and I'm so glad because I plan on taking them out a lot this summer.

The thread is messed up for me and I lost my spot. If I missed anything someone said to me, I'm sorry. I haven't heard back from the police about my sister yet. I guess they don't care as much if someone pretends to be you as a witness instead of a criminal.

Thirdly - I saw someone mention Goodreads. If anyone wants to add me, you can! I love sharing books with friends.

Nice! I think Goodreads gives much better book recommendations than Amazon. Amazon is always recommending books that I bought from them. I already read that!

I never heard of goodreads, I am going to check it out after I finish catching up. But if we share book recommendations it won't do much to link to me... I mostly read historical romances these days as my poor brain can't handle anything else. :)

No worries I read those too!!

Yay!

Have you read any of Donna Grants books. Love her!

No! Going to look her up tonight too!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I think I own 1201. Thank goodness that nets to 21.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ugh...feeling like I'm going to cave in today and go redeem my free Blizzard from Dairy Queen...it expires in 3 days.

I would use it but that's just me. :) Just cut some calories each day to help with a deficit maybe?
    If I had a free blizzard coupon, it would have never got that close...unless it was 3 days away from expiring the day I got it :)
    Same. I signed up for the Marble Slab rewards program today and already plan on using the coupon they give you for signing up. :laugh:

I have been so close to going since I got it 2 weeks ago. But I have waaaay overindulged many days already..
    Also, my husband is working a ton lately and never home which means it's me and my son...so 2 medium blizzards(it's buy one get one free) between the two of us means I'm eating 1.75 of the 2. Which is great except that I have to get myself under control with my sweets...and eating almost 2 whole blizzards doesn't exactly fall into that category.
    I hear ya with sweets control. I went back to finish logging my weekend and I probably ate more sweets than anything on Sunday and probably would have on Saturday had it not been for the pizza. :/

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!

Great NSVs!

Which ride did you enjoy the most?

My fav is the 300 ft Drop Tower. But the Dale Earnhardt Intimidator is the best coaster there. Sooo fast and smooth.

(Taken 4th of July before the fireworks)
    10400015_900396810031363_1211432755952258608_n.jpg?oh=462daef7ca739ab79eafb52ddf27faac&oe=561FEBE6
    Cool stuff! I confess that while I am a HUGE chicken with amusement park rides but want to try riding a coaster just to see how I'll fit.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

No worries I read those too!!

Yay!

Have you read any of Donna Grants books. Love her!

No! Going to look her up tonight too!

A lot of her books are series if you like that kind of thing. I would recommend doing a little research so you start with the first book if you think you might like her. I will look in my library to see if I can remember which one i started with

ETA I started with the Druid Glen series. Highland Mist is the first book.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Just stopping in to post today's shoes....ulq7mbl1xexy.jpg
    wr6rz3tf7ayl.jpg
    Cute. Love the shoes.
    I wear size 4.5 so I special order them.

We have nearly the same polish on today. Mine is half a shade lighter.

Crap. Size 4.5? Do you have freakishly small feet or are you super tiny?
    I'm 4'11" 111-113 lbs. I'm small but not skinny. I put a picture of me and SO on the random picture thread in the batcave.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    wr6rz3tf7ayl.jpg
    Cute. Love the shoes.

I'm 4'11" 111-113 lbs. I'm small but not skinny. I put a picture of me and SO on the random picture thread in the batcave.

Even so... that is tiny. I will check it out.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!

Great NSVs!

Which ride did you enjoy the most?

My fav is the 300 ft Drop Tower. But the Dale Earnhardt Intimidator is the best coaster there. Sooo fast and smooth.

(Taken 4th of July before the fireworks)
    10400015_900396810031363_1211432755952258608_n.jpg?oh=462daef7ca739ab79eafb52ddf27faac&oe=561FEBE6
    Cool stuff! I confess that while I am a HUGE chicken with amusement park rides but want to try riding a coaster just to see how I'll fit.

I love roller coasters. Especially ones that go upside down.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 and @ShibaEars, I just kind of dress like a toddler, haha (my profile photo, for example...I frequently see three year olds at my ski resort in exactly the same colour combo.) I'm into fun stuff and bright colours...life is too short to wear black all the time. My husband says it's an aesthetic combo of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde and _____Barbie (depending on the occasion, I'm Ski Barbie or Airport Barbie or Camping Barbie or whatever), but fortunately he finds it endearing and doesn't laugh at me too much.

I special order PINK framed safety glasses for the lab and I wear them at home too. Six pairs I've ordered. Pink jeans, bright cute dresses. I'm with you and I bet you look adorable and smoking hot at the same time.

Pink safety glasses! I have no need for safety glasses but now I just want some.

I do, however, have a pink toolbox and pink tools. My dad bought them for me years ago and I get a lot of joy out of pulling out my pink cordless drill or hammer or whatever.

It's been killing me for a while that I have boring black and white skis, too...I am dying for a pair of super bright ones. But I made the responsible choice when I bought them and got the ones that performed the best for me and not the cutest ones. Sigh. Still, I think I have my husband convinced that I need a narrower, less-powder-friendly ski for hard/icy conditions so I'm going to try to find a suitably silly pair. There's a brand out there that makes skis with these crazy, neon bottoms that I am seriously tempted by...plus it would be so much easier for us to find my skis under three feet of snow when I veer off into the trees and crash, right? It's a safety concern!

I'm thinking a pink paddle board with the periodic table on it screams "Dr. Nonoelmo!" It May be in the works.

ETA: Can you customize them? I have not skied in a long time.

I LOVE this. With enough money you can customize anything.

Or if you know a person in the business

That too
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    wr6rz3tf7ayl.jpg
    Cute. Love the shoes.

Even so... that is tiny. I will check it out.
    :smiley:
    I'm a big personality so I think I'm not so short :wink: but my feet are proportionate to the rest of me. I don't think my feet show in that picture.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Treats are okay sometimes! If you did go get one (I am once again really far behind on posts) I hope it was really enjoyable. :)
  • Kalici
    Options

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

Not letting me do things for myself e.g. insisting on ordering something for me instead of letting me order what I want and other weird signs of dominance.

Talking about their ex repeatedly in anyway. Glowing terms can be just as bad as negative ones. My ex girlfriend was so good to me she'd drop everything to make me my favorite dinner and then she'd clean up the entire kitchen.

Treating staff where ever you go badly. I think you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat people who're waiting on them.

Calling too much (I had one guy literally calling me over 30 times in one day) or too little (if you haven't heard from them in a month they're not really interested).
  • Kalici
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

have the dr's thought about moving her to an IUD?
    after about the first 6 months, my periods are barely a blip on the radar.
    i used to have really heavy periods with debilitating cramps, but since the mirena, the difference has been amazing.
    Yes, this was actually my first thought, because I had a positive experience with the three (3!) Mirenas I had. Our doctor wasn't keen to try that as a first attempt, because my daughter's young and had no children. However, I think the next time she has an appointment I'll go with her and press the point a little. Something has to happen.

It's great that you found something that helped you! Bad periods suck :s

Colorado had a program running for lower income women and teenage girls and they were prescribing IUDs all over the place, whether or not they had had children beforehand. I think your Doctor is dealing with old information (it used to be against recommendations), but now it isn't considered a problem at all. I know there is a smaller IUD now as well, but I can't recall the name unfortunately. I don't know if it would be possible to get another doctor if yours continues to refuse?
  • Kalici
    Options
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.