Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hey @FluffySandwich how is your eye doing lately? Better I hope!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Walk 25000 steps (not hard at barn)
    Run 1 hour
    Address my chairs comments on my prospectus
    Not envy @MoHousdon her husband or her vacation.

Edited to add I may not be able to achieve the last one. :)

Edited again for no alcohol

The last bit made me smile.

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

You aren't making it any easier. I am ragingly jealous.

Are you going to unfriend me?! :(

I don't think she would. ;) Just envy you. :p On a side note, I told my husband that I didn't envy you because he's awesomer than Mr. Mo. He laughed. :p

Uh oh it's a battle of the Mr's!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

Okay! I amend my previous statement to sweet pickles can go die in the acid bath of your tummy. ;)You can have all of them.

Every single one. Because I don't like the sweet one's either. And sweet relish can be thrown in a volcano and sacrificed to the dill relish god!

What do you put in tuna and egg salad? You can NOT make those without sweet pickles!

Oh, yes, I can!!! I actually like pepperoncinis in my tuna. Mmmmm, that's super yum.

I like to use banana peppers!

I think that's pretty much the same thing, right?

Basically. Vinegar-y crunchy goodness.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

I have long hair, down to nearly the bottom of my back. Sometimes I discover massive knots that seem to take up residence in my ponytail. I am 32 and need to be more self aware too!!

<3 loooove me some long hair. Brings out the *RAWR* in me. :naughty:

And then you could practice your french braids (plaits where I live) on it!

LOL please, go on... :innocent:

Funny thing is I see some women with this long, beautiful, silky smooth, flowing hair that looks like it's never once tangled, well my daughters hair is the exact opposite. Even with gobs of great conditioner, after a day of playing her hair becomes a full on gridlock. Thank God for the 'wet brush'. Such a lifesaver.

I have to use this or I cannot brush my hair: It is expensive but so worth it, I also figured out that I can water it down and make it go further.

kj8lsf59lbao.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

I have long hair, down to nearly the bottom of my back. Sometimes I discover massive knots that seem to take up residence in my ponytail. I am 32 and need to be more self aware too!!

Funny thing is I see some women with this long, beautiful, silky smooth, flowing hair that looks like it's never once tangled, well my daughters hair is the exact opposite. Even with gobs of great conditioner, after a day of playing her hair becomes a full on gridlock. Thank God for the 'wet brush'. Such a lifesaver.

I have to use this or I cannot brush my hair: It is expensive but so worth it, I also figured out that I can water it down and make it go further.

kj8lsf59lbao.jpg

I have pretty long hair and I'm trying to grow it even longer, my hair is my favorite thing about myself :) I use this product too!! Expensive but so worth it!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Suzieq_1994 That post about self-care is wonderful!

I thought so as well! :)

Sheepish confession: I hate it when my username is spelled with a "Z". :p

Whoops, sorry! I didn't even realize I did that!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    To those of you who have tried/lusted after the Halo Top. I discovered another "better for you" gelato at Wegmans. It's called Forte, only comes in 4oz single-serving packages, and claims to have FIFTEEN grams of protein. They only had the vanilla, but it supposedly also comes in chocolate, ginger, and ...something I've forgotten. Whoops.

160 calories for the 4oz, but the protein! I will report back once I've actually tried it.

ETA: Espresso! Of course I remember as soon as I post.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33423846 @Susieq_1994 and anyone else interested in Ramadan, this was a super interesting article. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've seen those at HEB, they seem expensive. I remember someone on the ice cream group said it wasn't worth it.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill Those pillows are lovely!! :) I wish I knew how to sew as well--it's not a skill that's popular in Oman because of the proliferation of cheap tailor shops available for stitching; almost everyone in the country wears custom-tailored clothes for this reason. When I was younger, I thought the idea of store-bought dresses was so weird... :p

I have a good friend from Oman, this must be why she has so many amazing clothes!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

Gosh darn it! Where do @KylerJaye and I find one of these kinds of guys?! :tired_face:

I found him at work. I actually hit him with a steel door leaving after my shift was over. I was 18 at the time, and have been smitten ever since. Maybe Mr. Sexy Pants (I think that's how you referred to him) will be your guy.

lol, now that's my idea of an adorable "how we met" story!! :)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

Gosh darn it! Where do @KylerJaye and I find one of these kinds of guys?! :tired_face:

I found him at work. I actually hit him with a steel door leaving after my shift was over. I was 18 at the time, and have been smitten ever since. Maybe Mr. Sexy Pants (I think that's how you referred to him) will be your guy.

I also met my boyfriend at work!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So I finished Survivor 30 last night and today I'm on 29 (I prefer it to the other Blood vs. Water because there are new people). Going to try to be a bit more productive today, though.

Were you happy with the winner of 30? :)
    YES! I was so happy :) Frankly I was pretty sure it was going to happen once it got down to those three... especially one of them in particular who didn't win a single challenge.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    My hair tangles so easily. When I was little I would sometimes have tantrums when my mom tried to brush out the knots. I remember going to school once with a huge rat's nest in my hair, and another time (kindergarden) where I screamed and kicked the wall so much that my mom gave up, slapped a bow on my head, and sent me to my school's picture day with a huge mass of tangles. My teacher tried her hardest to comb out my hair before I got my picture taken, but she couldn't do it... so I have that picture as proof that I could be difficult.

Wish I could see that. It sounds hilarious. :)

I love looking at my old 80's school pictures in general. They are so awesome with the lasers etc in the back. So many of them look terrible. I could tell I never really trusted the person taking the picture.
    My stepdad has wild and curly hair. He showed me a high school picture of him where he had straightened his hair. It made me crack up laughing :lol:
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hey @FluffySandwich how is your eye doing lately? Better I hope!
    Thanks for asking! It feels 100% healed :) I think it has since... Saturday or Sunday? So I'm hoping this means all is well... I don't want an ulcer in my eye or anything. Maybe I should still get over to the doctor, but I THINK I'm perfectly fine.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I have been relocated to my second location of the day! Which is to say that I'm now stuck on the couch instead of in my bed, but hey, I've got my laptop now! :p Here's a blurryish picture of the sample sport wheelchair that I might be getting:

...I love that shade of blue. :)
    That chair does look pretty good! It reminds me of a better version of a red transport wheelchair Amazon kept trying to recommend me.

Glad to see you are feeling better.

Thanks! I think it looks cool, much nicer than the "standard" hospital grade wheelchairs that we found here when we looked for some. :)

Physically I'm mostly the same, feeling slightly less exhausted and my legs seem to be working a teensy bit better. But mentally I'm in better shape today, I think--it no longer feels as though someone pulled a plug in my brain and drained all of my mental energy out. ;)
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Run 1 hour

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

I don't think she would. ;) Just envy you. :p On a side note, I told my husband that I didn't envy you because he's awesomer than Mr. Mo. He laughed. :p

Nah, it isn't a battle. ;) I'm sure @MoHousdon's Mr. is perfect for HER and mine is perfect for ME and we'd hate to have each other's husbands. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I also met my boyfriend at work!!

Me, too! Except he's my husband now...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Suzieq_1994 That post about self-care is wonderful!

I thought so as well! :)

Sheepish confession: I hate it when my username is spelled with a "Z". :p

Whoops, sorry! I didn't even realize I did that!

No worries, it's okay. ;) For some reason the letter Z gets on my nerves in names, or at least when it's used in my own name; I have no idea why. My name is Sawsan, and a lot of my non-Arab teachers would pronounce it like "Sawzan" or "Susan" or even "Suzanne" and it would just kill me inside. :o
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33423846 @Susieq_1994 and anyone else interested in Ramadan, this was a super interesting article. :)

That really was quite an interesting read! :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks for the post. I don't recall the bottle so maybe I missed it but I will check that one out!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

That was interesting! thanks for sharing.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @bkhamill Those pillows are lovely!! :) I wish I knew how to sew as well--it's not a skill that's popular in Oman because of the proliferation of cheap tailor shops available for stitching; almost everyone in the country wears custom-tailored clothes for this reason. When I was younger, I thought the idea of store-bought dresses was so weird... :p

I have a good friend from Oman, this must be why she has so many amazing clothes!

Probably. :) I can stitch a brand new dress for as little as 15 USD, or a full-length skirt and long blouse for about 30 USD. You also have your pick of hundreds of shops filled with yards and yards of inexpensive (or expensive, for really fancy dresses ;)) material to choose from. :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I have been relocated to my second location of the day! Which is to say that I'm now stuck on the couch instead of in my bed, but hey, I've got my laptop now! :p Here's a blurryish picture of the sample sport wheelchair that I might be getting:

...I love that shade of blue. :)
    That chair does look pretty good! It reminds me of a better version of a red transport wheelchair Amazon kept trying to recommend me.

Glad to see you are feeling better.

Thanks! I think it looks cool, much nicer than the "standard" hospital grade wheelchairs that we found here when we looked for some. :)

Physically I'm mostly the same, feeling slightly less exhausted and my legs seem to be working a teensy bit better. But mentally I'm in better shape today, I think--it no longer feels as though someone pulled a plug in my brain and drained all of my mental energy out. ;)

Run 1 hour

Nah, it isn't a battle. ;) I'm sure @MoHousdon's Mr. is perfect for HER and mine is perfect for ME and we'd hate to have each other's husbands. ;)

Awww!! and I'm so glad you're feeling better, even if it's only a little bit :)