Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    And now i'm kinda drunk and totally rambling. Sorry. But please know, you guys are awesome, and I really appreciate all the support, it's helping me in ways I can't even describe. Thank you all so much

It's totally okay to be sad if you can fight the self-destructive stuff for the most part (although you have my permission to hit the grief bacon and the bottle for a couple days...just remember that the bad stuff will still be there when the booze is gone.) Watch some sad movies, listen to some sad music, wallow for a few days if you feel like you want to. I'm never ready to get past a breakup until I go through the whole relationship in my head and make a bunch of circular arguments with myself a few times, personally, so I can thoroughly exhaust the topic mentally and get sick of thinking of it. Then I'm ready to wash my hair, put on some pants, and bury myself in something productive, but a little time first is totally expected.

You're going to be okay. Great. Super great, even.
    You have a lot of SUPER GREAT advice this afternoon, @peleroja! Seriously.
    @KylerJaye, you also have our permission to sweep stuff off desks.
    erhhmeh5jytc.gif

Hahhaa, yes!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Great NSV, Susie!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    *post boyfriend update*

so that's the end of that.

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    or he simply just panicked and fled.
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

i think i'm just going to take a break from everything for a while.
    my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?

I'm so sorry. :( I can just imagine how horribly devastated you're feeling. Hugs.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    @KylerJaye I'm so, so very sorry. Big hugs to you.
  • Glinda1971
    @Susieq_1994 good on the steps and on the no ice cream.
  • Susieq_1994
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: I'm all excited because I went for a walk with my husband (I've been doing daily walks to help with the sciatica pain, on the doctor's recommendation), and downloaded a free pedometer app before we left--I got 1600 steps on that one little walk! Also, he bought an ice cream bar at the store we ended up in, and I didn't get one because I already commited in the Fitbit thread to sticking to my calories. It's a small win, but I'll take it. :)

Do you guys think the scale will be nice to me tomorrow if I regale it with tales of my fabulous will power? :D

Good job on the walk and resisting ice cream! I know you'll get the fitbit!

Honestly, I don't think I will. :( I've gained so much weight that, even if I don't mess up my calories even once from now until my birthday, it would still be unrealistic to hope for 65 kg. I currently weigh 73 kg, and that's nearly 10 kilos in two months.
  • Susieq_1994
    So, house is clean, laundry is nearly caught up, dinner is in the oven, and I'm going to be under calories even with BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner! I'm calling today a mini-win!

To put things in perspective, I struggle with completing tasks, I get so distracted by everything else and then get overwhelmed and say "screw it" and just stop. That's one of many reasons why I dropped out of school and have gone to college at least 7 times in the past 5 years. I've always been that way and always struggled, but no one ever seemed to take me seriously when I said I couldn't help it. It took me until now to realize I had ADD, and to get help. Thanks to hubby, who finally listened and realized I had a problem, I think I'm going to get better. I'll take these side effects if it means I can be a better wife, mom, and everything else!

Yay!! :) That's wonderful to hear!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2015

@KylerJaye Oh girl, I've been there. The right guy is out there for you. He'll come along, I know it.
  • Glinda1971
    @raelynnsmama52512 Glad the medication is working for you. Hopefully the funny feeling disappears soon.
  • Susieq_1994
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Great NSV, Susie!!
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 good on the steps and on the no ice cream.

Thanks, guys. :) I'm definitely pretty happy with the no ice cream bar--we did the same walk earlier this week and he bought an ice cream bar then, and I bought one that wasn't in my calories. So I feel like I've defeated the ice cream bar this time. ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    So, house is clean, laundry is nearly caught up, dinner is in the oven, and I'm going to be under calories even with BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner! I'm calling today a mini-win!

To put things in perspective, I struggle with completing tasks, I get so distracted by everything else and then get overwhelmed and say "screw it" and just stop. That's one of many reasons why I dropped out of school and have gone to college at least 7 times in the past 5 years. I've always been that way and always struggled, but no one ever seemed to take me seriously when I said I couldn't help it. It took me until now to realize I had ADD, and to get help. Thanks to hubby, who finally listened and realized I had a problem, I think I'm going to get better. I'll take these side effects if it means I can be a better wife, mom, and everything else!

Yay!! :) That's wonderful to hear!

Excellant news!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

:cry:

My brother's girlfriend told me she has never and will never stay with a pet when it is euthanized and... I confess... I lost a lot of respect for her. How you can have a pet for years, say you love it, then walk away right at the end is beyond me. Yes it's hard to stay, but I think if they could pick, they'd prefer to have their favorite person/people there with them.

Yea this and also when people get rid of pets when the animals are sick or old. :( That makes me so sad.

The ferret place I sponsor recently had someone bring in a couple of ferrets that had been listed on craigslist for free because the owner didn't want them anymore. One has adrenal gland disease so they just need some meds (their hair falls out). The people who take care of the ferrets hate that animals are treated like old merchandise and given away when the person no longer wants them. I agree.

I HATE when people get rid of their animals just for being old!!!! It seriously makes me so unbelievably angry!!! It's even worse when they replace the dog/cat with a new puppy/kitten! GRRRRRR!!!!!!! :angry:

Me too! Like seriously, who does that?? My sister has a dog right now that she recently adopted because the family it lived with does just that. The foster parent said they get a new puppy every 2-3 years and then just dump the old one. Does it not say something is seriously wrong with you if you do not bond with your pet at all? My Kyrie is a complete user kitty at this point and we only see her if she needs something, I still could not give her away, no matter what!!
  • Italian_Buju
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I undereat all the time. I almost get "high" off cardio and burn 500-600 calories per cardio session. But I don't increase my calories, so my weight loss is stalling...I have to retrain my brain to go ahead and eat. Most of the time I am not hungry...I used to weigh 262, but now I weigh 180, but I still see the fat girl in my head, so I stick to about 1500 calories even if I work out and burn 1000... :'(

@stacynoell awesome job on losing 82 pounds! Not judging but trying to help so don't take this the wrong way.

Are you accurately measuring your burns by either using a heart rate monitor or a fitness tracking device like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc.? Could you be overestimating your calorie burns?

Do you weigh your food on a digital food scale that measures in grams, ounces, & pounds? If not then you could be overestimating how much you burn & underestimating how much you're actually eating. Sometimes eyeballing & using measuring cups can be off by a great percentage. Usually when there's a stall it's from eating more than we think.

Sometimes the exercise machines that measure calorie burns are great overestimated as are the MFP exercise estimations.

This is very true. :)Usually halving the MyFitnessPal exercise calorie burn is roughly correct. Also, be kind to yourself! <3 Starving your body of the nutrition it needs will give you a lot of unpleasantness down the road. :)

:o

Um, guys, is this true??
  • Italian_Buju
    I am craving cinnamon pancakes with cream cheese frosting......
  • Italian_Buju
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So I have now tried all the Quest bars I wanted to try.

Cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter and cookies and creme are my faves. White chocolate raspberry was good too. Not a single one was gross and I never felt like I had to choke one down. This is a new staple for me.

I'm so happy you liked all of them. :) I love the cookie ones too.

Try the cookies and cream one out of the freezer. Game changer. I will not eat them any other way from now on.

I am going to buy more bars tomorrow cuz I am down to a half dozen ( :# )
    Do you just put it in there for a bit or full out freeze it and eat it straight out of the freezer?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Confession: I'm all excited because I went for a walk with my husband (I've been doing daily walks to help with the sciatica pain, on the doctor's recommendation), and downloaded a free pedometer app before we left--I got 1600 steps on that one little walk! Also, he bought an ice cream bar at the store we ended up in, and I didn't get one because I already commited in the Fitbit thread to sticking to my calories. It's a small win, but I'll take it. :)

Do you guys think the scale will be nice to me tomorrow if I regale it with tales of my fabulous will power? :D

Good job on the walk and resisting ice cream! I know you'll get the fitbit!

Honestly, I don't think I will. :( I've gained so much weight that, even if I don't mess up my calories even once from now until my birthday, it would still be unrealistic to hope for 65 kg. I currently weigh 73 kg, and that's nearly 10 kilos in two months.

How much is that in lbs?
  • Wytcher9
    Wytcher9 Posts: 40 Member
    I confess that I ate all the fried cheese sticks with marinara sauce ordered on Saturday night. I had accounted for a certain number in my food diary before sharing the balance with everyone else. But I couldn't help myself - gobbled the entire order. I have recommitted myself to staying on the path to healthy eating.
  • Italian_Buju
    Ok, so everyone can ignore my earlier whiny post and be proud of me for taking off the cranky pants!

Despite being lazy and feeling bloated, I did my run- 9 miles and went for our 4ish mile walk. Now, I will go and horrify everyone at the restaurant when they see just how much pizza I can eat at their buffet! Weeeee!!!!

Um...lol that's 13 miles! Go on and eat your pizza!

Exactly!!

Oh, trust me..I ate an obscene amount of food...definitely got more than my money's worth! One more bite and my husband would have been rolling me out of there!!!
    I'll get one more walk in putting me over 20 miles for the day...but by my guesstimations on the food today, I will still be over my calories!!! :blush:
    That's with a small breakfast..and no plans for dinner because there's no room in this body for anything but water at this point!!!
    ETA: @kellyjellybellyjelly, I'm not sure I could choose a favorite. They're awesome there! I'm vegetarian and they asked me what pizza I wanted them to make for the buffet..because they had so many meat ones prepared!! It was so nice of them to ask...I didn't know what to say so I just told them any veggie ones.
    The ones they made for little ole me included:
    plain cheese
    Portobello mushroom, spinach, & feta
    Tomato, spinach, olive, and feta
    Green peppers and onions

Out of embarrassment, I refuse to say how many slices I ate
    ...but I also had greek salad and pasta salad!!!

Now I am curious.......
  • Italian_Buju
    *post boyfriend update*

so that's the end of that.

after a solid month of seeing each other almost every. single. day. and him making the point to "be exclusive," dude decided that "i don't think that this is working for me."

i got about three hours of sleep last night, they weren't concurrent either. so apologies for the rambles.
    first he said it was because *i* wanted too much commitment, to which i kindly reminded him that *he* was the one that wanted to be exclusive, then he just said that he wasn't sure if i was the *one* for him.
    i do know that a lil more than a week ago, his ex-wife from six years ago reached out to him to try and rekindle things. he initially said he wasn't interested, maybe that changed?
    or he simply just panicked and fled.
    same end result.

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't devastated. and this is probably stupid of me too, but i really, honestly, thought he was the one for me. finally after all the horrors, and downright brutal treatment i endured both physically and emotionally...i thought it was actually my turn to be happy.
    i'd also be lying if i said i wasn't furious with myself for allowing myself to get so involved and excited and be so foolish.
    i should know better.
    i do know better.

i think i'm just going to take a break from everything for a while.
    my brain keeps flashing this lil image of a tiny hand setting a brick on a wall that's slowly being finished.

*ETA* can i also add how ridiculously embarrassed i am about all of this?

Sorry to hear this! I do not know why you are embarrassed, but you should not be. At least it happened now and not a few years from now!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    @KylerJaye I am so sorry! Maybe he got cold feet on how fast you guys were moving (even though he instigated it) or maybe he just realized a commitment wasn't what he wanted, or even to your point the ex. Either way, its his problem and his loss. You don't have to feel embarrassed. I would be most of us on this thread have been there before. To be honest, this is one of the reasons I avoid dating completely, I got way too tied up/committed too quickly if I like a guy and get my heart broken. It just means your human, sensitive, and caring. Those are all positive attributes. So, grieve for a while but there are other (lots of other) fish in the sea that will LOVE to be with you. You just need to find the right one. And if you keep looking you will some day.

And we look forward to your next dating adventure. Don't be the least bit embarrassed!