Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins It's definitely one of the roughest parts of the job. One of my neighbors (lives in the same town, not sure exactly where) came in with a "brain bleed" after taking a pretty nasty fall not too long ago and I know he got flown, just not sure what happened afterwards. Funnily enough, the next day, someone asked me if I knew where that guy lived, because they were looking for his house and had the wrong address, and I couldn't tell them anything about it! I had to just say "oh no, I've never met/heard of him, sorry!" because otherwise I'd be violating HIPAA, since I have access to names, addresses, DOB, last 4 of SSN, what a person admits to for drug/alcohol/tobacco/sex/family/home, all medical records received... a lot of personal info :neutral: I would have usually told them to go up to the store and ask there, but it was like 10PM and I'm pretty sure it was his son...

It's always weird when you know a patient. Last year, two of my brothers were my patients for.purposes of getting trauma care.paid. One of my sisters-in-law asked me if they were telling her everything. I was able to tell her yes because we're both on his HIPAA list. And ages ago, a high school classmate of my mom's was a patient of mine. That lasted for months because he was a chemo patient. That was weird because my dad and uncle were worried about him and I couldn't say anything about it at all.

My dad, however, is the worst. He has his doctors tell me things and then tells me I can't tell my brothers. He tells them about half the truth.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

I would've been too busy moving house!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I have no hope of catching up. I have been watching my food intake, but I confess that I had no motivation to do any upper body stuff for the last two weeks as my ankle has been healing. I did nothing except walk my kids to school. I've gone out for longer walks twice this week though. Back at it!

I just pinned a recipe for baked pumpkin donuts. I am going to try it very soon.

I missed so much. I hope everyone is doing well.

I'm glad you are back, I'm new here and looking forward to getting to know you

Thank you! Same here!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in all weekend and now I'm behind! Hoping to get to catch up today.

I have a serious case of the Mondays...
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.

I agree I love seeing how people layer their clothes, their boots, & the different jacks they wear.

Plus it's better to see customers in more clothes rather than seeing less of them.

I enjoy every season but usually by the end of one season I'm ready for the next.
    I'm looking forward to fall and cooler weather.

Same. I live in Eastern Washington, and we have crazy extreme weather. It's around 100 degrees most of the summer, and then we have a very short actual fall, and then it snows from October to March. By the end of the "seasons" here I am so done.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    ericGold15 wrote: »
    This is the best thread at MFP, hands down. Thank you to all the brave and honest souls.

My all-grown-up daughter reminded me the other day that one Halloween she woke up the morning after to find a pile of wrappers in the living room. My explanation that I was saving her from the ravages of candy did not go over well.

Must remember to buy her a pile of chocolate when she visits during the holidays.

Aw! I tell my kids that there is a candy tax for living here in November. I know they know I'm full of it, but they still laugh and give me candy.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    So in May 2014, I graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry. After looking for over a year, I finally landed an incredible new job on Tuesday with a well-known medical company specializing in eye care (won't say the name of the company). I'll get to do a bunch of chemistry lab testing (which is very exciting to me :p).

I get to quit my current job next week (where I'm on my feet 4-5 hours every day for 6 days a week). I've been celebrating getting this new job all week but plan on getting back on track by Monday.

That is awesome. Congrats!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #22

this was saturday afternoon and was probably the most "non-date" first date ever.
    i'll fully admit, i didn't even attempt to try.

had been talking to this dude for a lil while, and we kept trying to set something up, but schedules were always getting in the way. so on saturday he's like hey! i'm free for a bit this afternoon if you want to chill. my reply? it's a pajama jams saturday, i have zero intentions of doing anything other than having beverages and listening to my ipod. zero fracks shall be given. (yeah, not trying, at all).

apparently this dude saw my ghetto attitude as fun and refreshing (lol), and was like sounds awesome!
    so dude came over and chilled on the porch for a while with beverages, chit chats, and a random cig here and there. he was also very fond of my batman pajamas (yeah i don't mess around). found out he's a lawyer (classy!), and really, really chill and relaxed, which apparently doesn't quite meld with his profession. so i'm thinking the idea to sit on a porch with a chick in pj's and beverages would be a fun change of pace.

and he was really nice! hung out for a few hours, and i actually had a great time.
    maybe a #2? who knows, gonna have to wait and see, but overall a good day :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #22

this was saturday afternoon and was probably the most "non-date" first date ever.

had been talking to this dude for a lil while, and we kept trying to set something up, but schedules were always getting in the way. so on saturday he's like hey! i'm free for a bit this afternoon if you want to chill. my reply? it's a pajama jams saturday, i have zero intentions of doing anything other than having beverages and listening to my ipod. zero fracks shall be given. (yeah, not trying, at all).

apparently this dude saw my ghetto attitude as fun and refreshing (lol), and was like sounds awesome!
    so dude came over and chilled on the porch for a while with beverages, chit chats, and a random cig here and there. he was also very fond of my batman pajamas (yeah i don't mess around). found out he's a lawyer (classy!), and really, really chill and relaxed, which apparently doesn't quite meld with his profession. so i'm thinking the idea to sit on a porch with a chick in pj's and beverages would be a fun change of pace.

and he was really nice! hung out for a few hours, and i actually had a great time.

Awesome! First date in batman pj's! I love it!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    This is the best thread at MFP, hands down. Thank you to all the brave and honest souls.

My all-grown-up daughter reminded me the other day that one Halloween she woke up the morning after to find a pile of wrappers in the living room. My explanation that I was saving her from the ravages of candy did not go over well.

Must remember to buy her a pile of chocolate when she visits during the holidays.

Aw! I tell my kids that there is a candy tax for living here in November. I know they know I'm full of it, but they still laugh and give me candy.

Yep. Candy tax. It's for me driving him around to trick-or-treat. (We don't live anywhere he can walk himself, very rural.)
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I was taking Tessa out for our morning walk/run (I decided on interval training). We always walk past this one house and this lady sits on her front porch and when her dogs start barking at Tessa like mad, she "Tsks" at us. EVERY TIME.
    Well my time to 'run' was going to come up in front of this lady's house and I don't want to be judged, glared at, and "tsked" at while running. Not fun. So here's my confession:

I thought of @Italian_Buju and her profile pic and thought to myself, "It doesn't matter what she looks at, judges, or "tsks" at. It's her problem, not mine. I'm lapping her @$$ anyway because all I've ever seen her do is sit on that outdoor couch."

I ran right past her house and she "Tsked" me and I didn't even care. I was doing my body good and she can just sit there and watch me be amazing.

What a not nice lady. Ignoring her nonsense is a great plan. I probably would have flipped her off by now, so good for you for being more mature ;)

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

i'd be too busy BURNING EVERYTHING DOWN!
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #22

Sounds promising!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #22

Solid first date! He sounds like a prospect for a date #2
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Yep. Candy tax. It's for me driving him around to trick-or-treat. (We don't live anywhere he can walk himself, very rural.)

Hmm... We never really talked about it. The kids always got a TON of candy at Halloween. They just naturally gave me some of it every year when they were little. Some of my favorites, and some of the things they didn't like (Almond Joy).
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    NSV! After feeling bright, sprightly and energetic all day (this can almost certainly be directly attributed to the gorgeous spring weather), I got to the ice rink, and on my second warm-up lap...tripped on my toepick at speed and landed heavily on my right knee. It hurt like crazy, and I can still barely put weight on it, so end of the session for me.

The NSV came afterwards, though. On my way home, I was sulking and grumbling and got in the turning lane to go get my favourite takeaway (not quite grief bacon, more like frustration bacon)...and then I said "NO!" and got out of the turning lane and drove straight home and had my planned dinner!

(I did have a big bowl of ice cream that fit into my calories, too!)

Wow I hope your your knee gets better.
    Good job sticking to your plan
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye - Yay for a decent first date!!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

i'd be too busy BURNING EVERYTHING DOWN!

+1,000,000,000,000
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.