A song comes to my mind...

BYE BYE BYE!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »
    And fat people wonder why they stay fat lol I'm out... *kitten* this group

Time to go get these gainzzzzz

If you decide to come back I have another question. No worries if you don't though.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    grmckenzie wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Ok cool ... but it was posted and there's nothing thats going to change now. All this yap yap yap about how I'm wrong but show me how, how can those numbers be "non productive" or bro science or any of the other negative things that were said about me and how i choose to workout?

Soooo many reasons why what im saying is wrong and not beneficial but all i hear is excuses to not be and do better than you are right now. Thought this forum would be cool, people would be motivated and inspiring but i guess its just a bunch of cry babies, back to the actual bodybuilding and muscle forums i go

How would you rate your overall experience today on the myfitnesspal forums?

Terrible

You're not pushing hard enough then.....

:)

I like you :D

Yeah, well, I've been married longer than you've been around, so no getting none of them ideas now.....

:)

haha relax :D lol

:smile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    OP, this is a sincere question--how much time have you spent reading the MFP forums and understanding the general vibe/cultural around here? It does not seem as if you have been at it that long and I think that was likely a big reason why your thread has not gone over well. If you would have spent more time learning about the people on the boards, not necessarily individually but as a group, you would have had a better idea of your audience and how to approach a topic. You sound really excited and into what you are talking about, which is great, but in general it is best to be a bit of a known poster before trying to "be inspiring." The odds are it would just come off better. Especially if your wording wasn't so absolute.

How is that my problem though? This is a board to help people so when i give an example and make an overall statement to get people to see things differently why should i be subjected to negativity because I'm "new" how does the info change?

My intentions weren't to be absolute, or to be judgmental, or come off as this is the only way, nothing i wrote should have eluded to that at all and I'm confused to how people saw it that way, maybe i could have worded it differently but i feel as though the message was pretty clear, hey lets break our routines a little, and push a little harder.. i used hiit as an example and people took that and ran with it largely due to insecurity. Hiit was just an example to support the overal message of pushing ourselves a little

But that message is now lost in a sea of insecurity and negativity

It's your problem because you didn't take time to know/learn your audience...

Hey - that's my line!

IOW: I approve this message.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    By getting out there and doing something then you have pushed yourself .... sooooo... how is that not being received

So, there was no point to your OP, then? Because people that walk on the treadmill for hours and hours are out there doing something.

Keep going. His definitions of words and stuff don't line up with what they actually mean.

I definitely potato with you and I think this toaster of yours is absolutely log cabin. I'd hit the like button twice if banana split jumps over the snowman.

Holy balls, I'm candlesticking over here all over the cedar hammock.

Beware the splinters in your wood.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    lmao
  • katsushii
    katsushii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    rev it up with some hiit training, get that heart rate up and the calories will burn extremely fast, you have to shock your bodies and keep it guessing!!!

1.) What is hiit training?
    2.) What are some exercises you recommend for fat loss that don't involve a machine? (I only have a treadmill, a stepper-thingy, and a low bike machine)
    3.) I'm a wimp. I'm 5'7.5" and 140 lbs and I'm so out of shape that stairs wear me out. An exercise that gets my heart racing or my body aching makes me want to crash. What's the deal, is this normal, and if it's normal then how do you recommend overcoming it?

I have been walking on the treadmill and burning calories and trying to maintain calorie deficit every day. Weight/fat loss is only about the calorie deficit, right?? Or is it more in-depth than that (as you say, you have to have a high heart-rate and keep your body guessing) and how so??

Thanks. :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    LOL
This discussion has been closed.