The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @NormInv Love your new photo! But of course, I miss your beard though. Xo
    I’m happy you pushed through. That is a lesson for all of us. When we’re thinking about caving, let someone know.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a fun, safe and sober 1st weekend of the New Year! We can do this!

Sober weekend: What will all of us do to keep busy? Now that we will have tons more time on our hands.

I will exercise , journal, watch a movie, and maybe get back to painting. I was also thinking about learning Spanish so I can travel more to faraway places like Costa Rica.

Hi Ruby!

I will exercise, food prep, organize my closet, read and make tea! One thing for me that has been a big help is hot tea! I love to cook while drinking wine and having wine with dinner. Instead I bought a glass teapot I can put on the stove and then have flowering pods that are beautiful! I feel like I am not giving up my wine as much and know I am making healthier choices.

That is really cool about thinking of learning Spanish. Great free app called Duolingo out there that I used while learning Italian. I wanted to learn key words/phrases before we went to Italy last summer. Not fluent, but it was fun!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @Norminv YAY you!! :D

@JenT304 Yes with the sweets. I made Butter Tart Squares for dessert tomorrow to serve with vanilla ice cream. I HAD to try it before serving to my guests. The 2nd piece was almost as good as the first LOL

I'm organized for my dinner. Just need to vacuum the bachelorette pad which will take me all of 15 mins. That is one really good thing about living in a "shoe box" cleaning is a breeze!

AND....drumroll please......................The countdown is on to my wine-fee zone...22 hours to D-day!!

@RubyRed427 Very insightful identifying your triggers. Happy Day 5 :)

@Fitness327wk Great to hear your enjoying the benefits of being AF.

@MrSunshinez YES WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a fun, safe and sober 1st weekend of the New Year! We can do this!

Sober weekend: What will all of us do to keep busy? Now that we will have tons more time on our hands.

I will exercise , journal, watch a movie, and maybe get back to painting. I was also thinking about learning Spanish so I can travel more to faraway places like Costa Rica.

Hi Ruby!

I will exercise, food prep, organize my closet, read and make tea! One thing for me that has been a big help is hot tea! I love to cook while drinking wine and having wine with dinner. Instead I bought a glass teapot I can put on the stove and then have flowering pods that are beautiful! I feel like I am not giving up my wine as much and know I am making healthier choices.

That is really cool about thinking of learning Spanish. Great free app called Duolingo out there that I used while learning Italian. I wanted to learn key words/phrases before we went to Italy last summer. Not fluent, but it was fun!

Thanks! I downloaded Duolingo and did my first lesson. Xo
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    That is awesome!
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I like to knit as well.I used gigantic (size 50) knitting needles and made my daughter in London a shawl for Xmas. She was so touched to have a handmade gift from Mom. I could never had done that drinking wine every night. It would have been a hot mess, full of mistakes.

My daughter and I saw big needles like that at the store the other day! That's wonderful that you created a lovely, useable gift for your daughter! It will be treasured, I am sure!