Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Celebrating Day 100!

Yay!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    In the past when I lost weight my alcohol consumption went right up, I even took up smoking. I've got a really addictive personality and while food is normally my crutch it will just switch to other vices. I did Dry January this year to support my husband who was doing it and then I just stuck with it. I'm happy about that now as I've finally decided to really try and shift the weight and I won't have this looming over me.

All that said, 2020 was a *kitten* of a year to have given up drinking. :D

It is a tough year to give up drinking but I think our anxiety would be through the roof if we had alcohol in our system. At least mine would be. Did your husband stick with it too?
  • RubyRed427
    I am nostalgic when I see a fav bar where I used to sit and have a few drinks after work. I miss that routine and unwinding time. But it would always make me want to get a bottle on the way home and drink some more.

I miss the good times I had with drinking like dancing with friends, watching playoff games, playing euchre with friends, sitting around a campfire with a drink. But I have to keep on reminding myself all of those good times were fleeting; and many ended up with me on the bathroom floor or with a hangover.

I think that quote means what you want it to mean to you. I actually didn't mind the drinking Julie in the early days. But as I became a drunk, I was a crying, emotional mess. Ohhh those are bad memories.

I am starting to get into a groove with working out after work. I think I can form some positive habits little by little; I have to just give myself some time and be patient.

• RubyRed427
    @no44s4me I love when you say "it's just me".