Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Quick update from slightly south of DC (in MD). Masks have become almost mandatory in the area. Several surrounding counties have mandated masks when shopping, and I suspect that my county will come on board shortly. Many stores in the area are already mandating a mask when on their premises. I have a few coming via Amazon eventually, but heaven only knows when they'll get here. In the meantime, I've been heading out with my winter running gator... Also, still working from home and seeking TP. I think I may head to Walmart first thing in the morning tomorrow to see if there is any. And working from home is becoming a bit easier. I wonder if they'll let us continue to do so every once in a while after we are told we can head back to the office...

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/maryland-gov-hogan-signs-order-requiring-people-to-wear-masks-at-stores-on-transit

This was just posted recently...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    In Los Angeles County, concerts and sporting events may be cancelled through next year
    https://patch.com/california/culvercity/s/h30mz/coronavirus-may-cancel-la-sports-concerts-until-2021-report?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert
    Our stay-at-home order is through May 15. I don't know if that will change over the coming days or not.

That's happening everywhere with stay at home orders. Ours was just extended from April 14th until May 3rd instead.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Then there was the Cannonball race that recently happened with the winners averaging 100+ mph between NY and CA. If you factor stopping for necessary supplies (gas) and body functions (probably setup to do some/most liquid "dehydration" while moving, maybe plenty of loperamide for the rest)... so stopping for gas and slowing for turns, ice, and slower traffic; they had to be going way faster than 100mph for some of that. Just think if there was a crash and they took up scarce resources (hospital beds). How stupid and selfish!

Crazy.

I don't know if this is true, but I recall driving on the OH Turnpike years ago, and my then bf claimed that people had been ticketed because the tollbooth people would see the time between getting on and getting off and note that they clearly had been driving over the speed limit.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Quick update from slightly south of DC (in MD). Masks have become almost mandatory in the area. Several surrounding counties have mandated masks when shopping, and I suspect that my county will come on board shortly. Many stores in the area are already mandating a mask when on their premises. I have a few coming via Amazon eventually, but heaven only knows when they'll get here. In the meantime, I've been heading out with my winter running gator... Also, still working from home and seeking TP. I think I may head to Walmart first thing in the morning tomorrow to see if there is any. And working from home is becoming a bit easier. I wonder if they'll let us continue to do so every once in a while after we are told we can head back to the office...

I ordered a couple of masks from a couple of different places hoping one of them will get to me before the end of the month. Work was nice enough to get us all one but it's too big for me and I'm not sure I have the creative skills to make it work lol. I've tried a couple of no sew ones myself, but they've all been too hard to breathe with so far.

In town I'd say maybe half the people out and about are wearing masks. Out here in the rural counties I'll just see one here or there. It's really easy to stay 6-10 ft away from people and we have very few cases, so I think a lot of people think it's a waste. I hope they're not taking too much of a gamble. There are no mask requirements here I central VA, just recommended.

When I've been in stores lately I've been sure to wear them (about 80% of those I've seen in stores are too). Where I live (in the city, but in a less dense part of it) I see about 50% of people just walking around wearing them and I don't feel like I need to to go for a walk or run as it's easy to avoid people by crossing the street. I'm open to masks but currently they are hard to find, I'm not confident my own homemade ones are any good, and they make my glasses fog up and are hard not to adjust (as cwolfman expressed concern about).
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I hate that I'm becoming desensitized to numbers. Back when Italy recorded an all time high of 250 deaths in one day my heart was breaking for them, now people are becoming numbers. I think I may need to lay off checking daily stats for a while.

Perhaps becoming desensitized is required so the left brain can take over and figure a way out of this mess starting with the positive good this virus is bringing to the human race and to nature as a whole.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/maryland-gov-hogan-signs-order-requiring-people-to-wear-masks-at-stores-on-transit

This was just posted recently...

Thanks.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Congrats on snagging some toilet paper.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    @paperpudding thank you for your service.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    @JustSomeEm

Reading........a lot, but I’m retired, and reading is my favorite pastime so it’s all good good.