How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    That's true, and personally I do cover all my co-pays since I'm at least part-time employed, but OP may not have income to make a co-pay, considering her health problems and anxieties. Vicious circle :/
    Yes, and it sucks. The only way for her to break this "vicious cycle" is to pull up her big girl panties, decide she's going to make a change, come up with a battle plan, and freaking do it. @21 years old still whining about chewable vitamins, hot dogs, and food poisoning isn't exactly progress.

She's either serious about getting better or she's not. If she's not then she needs to stop pissing and moaning and deal with it. If she's serious then do it.

I am serious about getting better. But I can't take a supplement. I can be committed to eating lots of ground turkey meat, lima beans, and other iron rich foods though.

So why aren't you? Why are you waiting for a bunch of strangers on the internet to tell you to do it? Just friggen DO IT!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This has been playing on my mind.

OP - you say you've been out of school for a year because of this. Is this what you want your life to be? Living with your mom, not getting an education, all because of fears of a flippen' gummi-vitamin and a refusal to seek help or a logical solution?

IF this is true, and I have my doubts, I don't think you're scared of the vitamin at all. You're scared of actually having to live an adult life. Right now, this gives you an excuse to not life as an adult, to not seek a career, to not have to grow up. And you have a comfy little crutch to blame it all on.

But seriously - do you want to look back on your life and see how you failed to make anything of yourself, because of a completely fixable, easily solved iron deficiency? Seems like a pretty sad life to life, really.

No it's not how I want my life to be and it makes me very depressed. But there's nothing I can do about it. My anxiety won't allow me to take supplements.

And no I'm not scared of living an adult life. I want to be back in school, to socialize with my friends, to date. All that is fun. Do you think I enjoy sleeping all day, getting shortness of breath constantly, being too tired to do basically anything? No I don't but I don't see a way to fix this since I can't take supplements.

Yet you aren't even trying the turkey, the red meat, the lima beans. All you do is dither about it while not actually trying anything at all. Eat iron rich foods. Maybe they'll work. Maybe the won't. But at least you'd be TRYING something instead of looking for a magic solution while spinning your wheels and getting nowhere.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

r51bzi7s34h9.jpg
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    People are saying something is seriously wrong because you refuse to take the obvious and reasonable steps to correct the problem, and instead latch on to weird measures like trying to eat more cereal.

What would those steps be BESIDES taking an iron supplement? I've read about so many people who can't tolerate iron supplements so they don't take them. Do you think they just suffer from anemia? No, I'm sure they find a way through food.

I tried taking a daily multi vitamin. I was too lazy and the only time I would remember to take it was first thing In the morning. Come to find out due to taking it on an empty stomach, the iron was hurting my stomach. It's been at least a year since I took a multi or really any other supplement. However, although this choice may not be all that smart (well, depends on who you ask), I have no medical symptoms and I sure as hell stand up to put on my makeup every morning. No, I don't suffer through anemia or anything because I don't like pills. If I had a medical condition, I would get help and solve it

Why do you even reference your silly doctor (YES SILLY) saying you should just get your iron through food only? Are they suffering like you are? Did you tell them the full list of your symptoms? Heck some of what you're describing... I wouldn't be surprised if a doc tried to hint hint admit you for a couple days to get things right, or at least request some follow up visits to make sure you're progressing nicely :)

Do you live with any family or friends? Near any? What do they have to say about all this???

• icemaiden37
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

I wish the mods instead of putting people in jail for whatever reasons should instead delete threads like this where it's obvious that the OP is just playing games.

I hope you're kidding - I hope this thread never ends. Ever.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I wish the mods instead of putting people in jail for whatever reasons should instead delete threads like this where it's obvious that the OP is just playing games.

It could go on for another 20 pages and things still wouldn't be resolved.... i think most people are just about out of advice or ideas....

• icemaiden37
    Options

It could go on for another 20 pages and things still wouldn't be resolved.... i think most people are just about out of advice or ideas....

....or patience.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

....or patience.

yeah that too. I know if my kid was acting like this, I'd just say " oh hush! Take the damn pill and move on"
    Mollycoddling does NOT work as evidenced by the 'adults' they grow into....
    my sisters kids were winy coddled brats as kids.. Now they are whiny, clingy, annoying adults!! :angry:

This discussion has been closed.