Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I changed my calorie goal a couple of days ago from losing 2lbs per week to losing 1lb per week and I feel so much better! Those extra like 400 calories to play around with make me feel full and I'm less likely to go over my goal. Plus most days I stay within my 2lb goal anyways, but now I never see red and that feels awesome.

I'm still at a goal of "lose 2 pounds" but I never ate back any of my exercise calories. So when my calorie level got down to 1200, I started getting really hungry and cranky all the time (what did I expect - my net cals were crazy low). This past week, I've started eating back around 50% of my exercise calories (about 300 or so more), and I feel so much better, too!
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    I hate the red numbers. I have my calorie goal set to "maintain". I figure if I'm under that every day, I'll lose. Maybe it won't be as fast, but I won't get frustrated as easily sigh those red numbers.

I really like this idea :)
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm a 35 year old woman, and I LOVE The Vampire Diaries. There. I said it.

I'm a 35 year old woman, and I love "Pretty Little Liars", so no judgment here :)

Me too, except that I am older!

Actually, I kind of gave up on it around the time they revealed who A was...and then it just got silly.
    And they just keep revealing who "A" is... By my count, I think they're up to 3 or 4. Yeah, it's totally ridiculous. And yet I keep watching :)

Too bad they didn't keep Ezra as A since it would make his character not only relevant but more interesting.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    vmlabute wrote: »
    I wear the same jeans over and over until they get dirty...then I have to wash them

I can't imagine. After one or two wears, my jeans are too loose to wear. I wash every piece of clothing, every time I wear it unless I only wore it for a couple of hours. Workout gear, I wash every time. I do re-use my towels, though.

This has become my issue right now. I used to go a week or so wearing the same jeans.

I've always wished I could re-wear the same jeans but I can't stand the wrinkles behind the knees and at the thighs that jeans get frome when you wear them. I'm a wash after every time I wear kind of gal :)

I don't mind the wrinkles, but I have the lycra issue BZAH10 mentioned. I can size down in a waist but not my thighs, so if I don't wash my jeans more often they slip down when I sit. I hate over washing because make the jeans lose color sooner (I wear dark jeans).

Wash your jeans wrong side out. It helps the colour last longer. I sometimes wash a bunch of faded clothes with a pack of dye to darken them.
    I know you might still be loosing weight.... But getting them altered by a seamstress will help with the falling down issue you are having.
    Edited: forgot to say I have big thighs too and have trouble with the waist fitting if I get them big enough for my thighs.

I hear that on the big thighs. I have to wear pants two sizes too big for my waist to fit my thighs. People are always asking if I've lost more weight than I have simply because my pants gape at the waist and make me look like a weight loss add...nope, just thighs too big. XD
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've finished reading this entire post and wondering which confession I should start with ;)

Ever since I was 10 or 11 I've been a binge eater. I remember babysitting and being in heaven because of the food the people kept for their kids. I would eat an entire package of dunkaroos, a box of pudding cups, a box of fruit snacks. I'd bury the evidence in the garbage can. Sometimes, even now, when I've overate, I find myself burying things in the garbage can due to shame and embarrassment.

I still hold a lot of anger towards a local personal trainer who wouldn't listen to me during my very first training session. She kept yelling at me to go faster and go harder even though I was a bit dizzy and out of breath. She just kept saying i was fine. Five minutes later I blacked out and ended up on the gym floor. She blamed it on my nutrition and nothing to do with her training. I haven't been able to step foot in the gym (only one in town)since even though I bought a 10 punch pass. Just the thought of going makes me anxious.

Man I wish stores still sold Dunkaroos.

I sometimes also hide the packages of food I have overate out of guilt.

done this too... tends to be those orange chocolate Aero balls and Peanut M&Ms. the wrappers get hidden in the bottom of my bathroom trash can.

Mine recently have been Talenti pints & Russell Stover Easter Egg wrappers.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love nerdcore rap.

MC Chris
    MC Frontalot
    Jesse Dangerously
    Optimus Rhyme

just to name a few.

MC Chris will always be special to me because my husband asked me to be his girlfriend (we had been on a few dates) at one of his concerts. During Nrrrd Grrrl of course. ^_^
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

I didn't read that thread, but I often see a group going thread to thread with their snarky 'expert' replies. There is one dude who is a total tool.
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    And yet another rant... despite buying tights labelled as suitable for women up to 5'11" (and I am only 5'9"), I have once again spent the day in tights whose crotch sat about 2" below mine. Don't even get me started on the weight range... which begins about 30 lbs heavier than I am.

Well, if nothing else, the damned tights shortened my stride so I probably ended up logging more steps on my lunch hour walk. Guess there's a bright side.

5'9" and 200-something here - I feel your pain! They roll down like crazy, and the low hanging crotch, ugh….

I once destroyed the skin on my knuckles with too-small pantyhose. I clutched the waistband in my fists and just yanked as hard as I could. It was like tiny, painful rug burn.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am actually kind of excited to start a bit of exercise since throwing out my back on 4/8. It's starting to feel normal again. Gonna start doing some walking tomorrow and incorporate some back strengthening exercises once I feel confident that my back will hold up. This is the second time I've thrown out my back. Last Thursday was excruciating. I am going to try my hardest to prevent this.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Not a confession but a question: It's almost the end of my semester and exam time is coming up. I am a stress eater and so studying + all day take home exams = weight gain for me. I would love strategies anyone who copes similarly has.

Part of my problem is that I still have to balance the kiddos, so I have less down time to exercise etc when I'm not working.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Re the sugar thread: sugar might not be inherently bad for you, but it gives me horrible breakouts. I have been over indulging for the past month and everyday there is another bump or two.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok so I went to the sugar thread after getting caught up on this. Sooo not judging but... Does anyone notice that it's like the same 3 or 4 people who blow up these threads? And get all nasty and judgmental? They seem to follow each other around.

I hope they never find their way to this thread.

Yes I have noticed it too! It's always the same people and typically arguing over the same thing!! Why can't people just agree to disagree?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I stay right out of the sugar threads, I just don't get them.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    About once a week, I make myself a big pile of nachos that put me over my calories. I don't measure anything and just guess at the amounts afterwards. I do it because a) I need the freedom of preparing food without weighing and b) I freaking love nachos.
  • cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have not packed my lunch at all this week leading to bad food choices...
  • jlnoble513
    jlnoble513 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @marissafit06 when I was in school, sunflower seeds is what I would turn to. And keep a gallon of water in the freezer and take it out after like 2 hours when it would be half frozen. It was Refreshing while it was freezing cold and helped with water retention from the sunflower seeds.
    FYI I'm not fat because I'm a stress eater, fat because of the things I eat when I'm not stressed
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

That's an average of one per state...so it doesn't seem likely that most people would come into contact with a serial killer at all. I guess if you include connections that we have to victims, survivors,, family members of killers, etc. there are many more links.

I would find that number more plausible if the definition were extended to other kinds of mass/multiple murderers. I have casual connections to three--two family killers (one male, one female) and one person who killed his parents (the father was my colleague) and then committed a school shooting. Actually, if you count political killings as a form mass murder, I have a fourth connection.

If you take into account the average life span of a person vs how many killers die/go to prison etc I thought the number is plusable

Also, this report has to have a study of some sort behind it, right? I don't think universities are in the business of teaching their students crap
  • Italian_Buju
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

That's an average of one per state...so it doesn't seem likely that most people would come into contact with a serial killer at all. I guess if you include connections that we have to victims, survivors, family members of killers, etc. there are many more links.

I would find that number more plausible if the definition were extended to other kinds of mass/multiple murderers. I have casual connections to three--two family killers (one male, one female) and one person who killed his parents (the father was my colleague) and then committed a school shooting. Actually, if you count political killings as a form mass murder, I have a fourth connection.

I think you've somewhat undone your own initial argument there, as casual connections is a lot more than just contact. I think the initial point was 6 in a lifetime, I'm not sure if that's a US average, but if there's 50 active at one time, across a lifetime of maybe 75 years, that increases the odds straight away. And then, if by contact it is as I understood it you might serve them in a shop, stand behind them in a bus queue, give directions etc then think how many times that happens with different people to an average person each day. You wouldn't even know you'd come into contact with them. So on your basis, with your 4 casual connections, I would say that if you know there are actual connections, and there are currently 4, then if you extended the definition it'd far exceed 6 over your lifetime.
    Exactly!! That was more how I understood it.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sometimes I really want to talk $h!t about my co-workers on here, but I'm afraid that by some weird coincidence they'll get on here and read what I've said about them and know how I really feel. I put on a nice face at work in an effort to maintain a good working relationship with everyone in my office :#

I have a similar fear about people I would like to post about lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job, and I'm super nervous about it. I've been out of work for a long time, I really need a job (and this one sounds pretty good), and I haven't interviewed in about 5 years. I know, logically, that even if I totally blow it, I'm in no worse position than I am now...but my stomach is still jumping around like crazy. :/

Good luck!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Here is something funny - My daughter came to tattle on her brother earlier, she says "Mom, he is reading your diary!" I don't have a diary. It turned out he was reading an old Cathy comic book. Thanks kids.

I love this lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok so my confession - I hate baths. They actually completely gross me out. It's childhood trauma from my mom never rinsing the tub before giving us baths and my dad's hair floating all over. Just so freaking gross.

I still freak out when the shower drain is getting clogged and water keeps accumulating and cannot take showers in public places like the gym, I get completely grossed out by any hair on the drains... even mine.

Needless to say, my husband can keep asking about going camping, it's just not happening.

I do not like baths either.....I never had anything gross happen to me, but I feel like it is just soaking in your own dirt lol
    I have been a shower only person since I was old enough to bathe alone.....