Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had that brownie batter blizzard and now I'm obsessed with chocolate ice cream. It's like I'm a kid again.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I have about 400 calories left for the day (stupid benefit bake sale at work with BROWNIES {plural}) Not sure I will stay in goal today! And about popcorn - I have an irrational love of popcorn!

Me too! Popcorn, I LOVE popcorn! All kinds (except that microwave crap). I love movie theater popcorn, hot air popped popcorn, and all kinds of smart food and orville ready popped...dill pickle, kettle corn, caramel, cheese, sour cream and onion....you name it, I LOVE popcorn!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I am realizing that I need to do more for me again. I "give" and forget to give to myself too. I'm feeling all kinds of cranky today. Time to pamper myself.

Tonight is my kickball night.

Another thing I did for me is sign up for a 5K on July 4th (I also signed up my daughter but as she is on cross country I don't think she'll mind.) I've not really run since I was badly injured in 2006.... although I did do a fun run in December with my BFF and my daughter. We took it easy.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I had to do a speed catch-up (I was over 200 posts behind!), so I couldn't quote everyone individually, but THANK YOU to each and every one of you who responded so kindly to my post! :) It was very unexpected and definitely gave me the warm fuzzies, especially since I was feeling like a failure for exceeding my calorie goal with those (delicious) cookie cups I ended up baking!

To Overlook (I can't remember your whole username!), I totally agree! That kind of baking work is exhausting, and we should earn at least 1000 calories for it. So that we can eat the cake after we're done... ;)

@BZAH10 Too late for that idea, unfortunately! I made four cookie cups in individual ramekins and stuffed two of the middles with chocolate chips and two with cinnamon chips. I ate one of each at 650 calories apiece! BUT, all is not lost; I used the remaining ingredients to make a batch of chewy ginger-cinnamon cookies and another of double chocolate chip cookies, then froze the dough to bake for my mother in law next weekend. ;) Also, I live in a big, New-York-like city here in Saudi Arabia--If I tried to give cookies to my neighbors, they'd probably suspect me of poisoning them... ;)

About cilantro: I love it more than life. I put it in EVERYTHING.Onions too. And lemon. And tomatoes. And garlic. I love heavily seasoned food--I'm such a typical Arab. ;)

Sorry for the super long post! I wanted to get in on all the conversations... ;)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of us don't want to adult today. I have been wishing I was not at work most of the day. It will be a long weekend for me. We lost my mother in law on Tuesday and not sure how to explain to my 5 yo daughter that her grandmother is gone.

Funeral homes have a pamphlet from Mr. Rogers to help explain it to kids. I don't know if this has all of the info in the pamphlet, but it looks pretty close (helpful hints tab): http://www.fredrogers.org/parents/special-challenges/death.php

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee So sorry about your loss. :(
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I have about 400 calories left for the day (stupid benefit bake sale at work with BROWNIES {plural}) Not sure I will stay in goal today! And about popcorn - I have an irrational love of popcorn!

Me too! Popcorn, I LOVE popcorn! All kinds (except that microwave crap). I love movie theater popcorn, hot air popped popcorn, and all kinds of smart food and orville ready popped...dill pickle, kettle corn, caramel, cheese, sour cream and onion....you name it, I LOVE popcorn!!

I'm on my own for dinner tonight (husband is driving to Indy to pick up his daughter). My plan is popcorn popped in olive oil on the stovetop. With sea salt.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I had that brownie batter blizzard and now I'm obsessed with chocolate ice cream. It's like I'm a kid again.

Ahhh I've been craving the brownie chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard for a week now and I can't bring myself to get it and go over my calories!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

I'm on my own for dinner tonight (husband is driving to Indy to pick up his daughter). My plan is popcorn popped in olive oil on the stovetop. With sea salt.

OMG I need to try that!!! I always use sea salt on my hot air popped.....so yummy!
  • Italian_Buju
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

You are not terrible! Do what makes you happy! You will change your mind when you are a grandma! I sure did!
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of us don't want to adult today. I have been wishing I was not at work most of the day. It will be a long weekend for me. We lost my mother in law on Tuesday and not sure how to explain to my 5 yo daughter that her grandmother is gone.

Funeral homes have a pamphlet from Mr. Rogers to help explain it to kids. I don't know if this has all of the info in the pamphlet, but it looks pretty close (helpful hints tab): http://www.fredrogers.org/parents/special-challenges/death.php

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Laura
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I saw Shane Lynch from Boyzone, in his boxer shorts 20 years ago in my home town. Ok, I know what your thinking but it wasn't like you think. Here's the truth:
    I was on First Aid Duty and was in the back of the ambulance with my cousin. I looked out the side window and there stood Shane in his boxers with a towel around his neck, on his mobile to his girlfriend. I got so excited instead of poking my cousin in the ribs with my elbow, I missed and got her in the face instead. Shane saw us and waved over at us before going back inside.
    Very innocent really!!! But 100% true!!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »

You are not terrible! Do what makes you happy! You will change your mind when you are a grandma! I sure did!

Yes, there is something about it being your grandbaby that makes it all worth it, but I have little patience with other peoples kids.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

I wanted to go to the movies on Mother's Day JUST so I could eat movie theater popcorn. I love it so much but I have to have butter on it. The white cheddar Smart Pop is AMAZING and super low in calories so needless to say, it doesn't last long in our house.

We have a local candy/nut store in town and they make all sorts of amazing things. The last time I was there, I bought dark chocolate sea salt caramel popcorn. It is manna from Heaven. I will be buying more when I go back along with a few other flavors they have.

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I confess that after a very long hiatus I have spent my day trying to catch up with this thread and have read 70+ pages and still I'm only up to page 560 :( I'm too scared of missing anything to skip to the end.. But I'm hoping I'll catch up and be able to join in one of these days!
  • UltraHealthSeeker
    UltraHealthSeeker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My confession: I don't do it so much anymore, but I used to go to the movies and buy a LARGE popcorn WITH extra butter, and a package of DOTS. I'd eat them TOGETHER. Tastes like those old-fashioned popcorn balls I had as a kid! Last night at Mad Max:Fury Road I took my Medifast Parmesan Cheese Puffs and my key-chain bottle of Sriracha instead. MUCH better for my waistline LOL!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I'm so sorry to hear that. This is exactly how I am at work at the moment as well. Hugs!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Thanks so much for the link. I am reading it now. Mr. Rogers was always a childhood favorite. Sometimes I wish my kids had him around still. I guess YouTube reruns might suffice.