Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    30 lbs down with 20 more to go. Today, I am doing a ridiculous little happy dance.

That counts as exercise, right?

Congratulations! Great job! And that totally counts as exercise!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @lbuehler89 I love your new picture. Gorgeous!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    yay it worked! Meant to mention... my face is hysterical. Every picture I look like I am personally trying to HEAVE her over the jumps.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sch614 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

Yes! I am! I was so mad I wasted so much time getting into it! This is why I don't watch most series unless they're already over so I know there's some sort of conclusion/resolution!

Me too...so frustrating! My husband barely watches any tv at all...but he actually watched that show with me. The only other show we watch together is The Walking Dead...but man, we were both so bummed to hear that The Following won't be back.

I do watch TWD <3 but I don't keep up with it- just wait until it comes out on Netlfix! Currently I'm fan girling all over myself waiting fot this Friday so I can binge watch Orange is The New Black!

I started rewatching the first two seasons of OITNB this past weekend waiting for the new one, SO EXCITED!!

I love OITNB but every night after I watch it I have nightmares about being in prison and I have the worst night sleep! But still worth it!

Really? That is interesting!!

My boss really wants to go see Jurassic World.....dinos overwhelm me, literally take my breath away sometimes....I already had a nightmare last night and we have not even seen it yet!!!

I'm going on Friday at 10am while the kids are in school!

Confession - I've watched OITNB and I like it but it really disturbs me at the same time.
    Disturbs you how?

I think I'm too prude or something towards shows that are obvious about sex etc. Probably why I never got into True Blood or Transparent and have no wish to see Games of Throne.
    You're only as sick as your secrets, right?
    I've been thinking of cutting a lot lately. I don't even have any razors. I can't figure out why. I should be happier; I've been in a better place mentally than in years and years, and I'm into a really good college with everything paid for, and my sister's in another country. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with me? I won't do it but I can't stop thinking about it. It would be so easy. But every time I started again I would remember how absolutely right it felt and then it would get worse.

On another note, anytime anyone says "feeling poorly" or variants thereof I have to force myself not to disregard everything else they're saying. .__. oops. Also, I wrote insulting limericks in my friend's yearbook over all the pictures of people we didn't like, and one of them was rather crude, and her mother saw it. Oops.

Also this thread makes me feel so much better about myself. So nice to have some solidarity and lack of judgment.

Absolutely no judgement but I hope you can get some help. It must be awful to feel that way.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    oriel67 wrote: »
    I am afraid that when I lose my weight, I will feel ugly and hate the extra skin so much, that I will gain the weight back :(

I don't know how much you want to lose, but you might find you don't have much loose skin or that if you do, you won't really care. My arms are nicely toned (thanks to our very own in-thread arm workout series), but I have crazy bingo wings and I couldn't care less. I let my freak flags fly in tank tops and short sleeved shirts!

What I'm trying to say is that I would rather have the loose skin than the extra 135lbs I was carrying.

What are bingo wings??

The extra fat and/or skin that flaps in the breeze under your tricep when you hold your arm out from your body.

HA ha! The bit that jiggles when you wave at someone across the street.

Funny story (not really) - what motivated me to lose weight is that I HATED those bingo wings. And guess what.. I still have them and there's nothing I can do about it. Much smaller obviously but nope, still there. Now when I see posts about what arm exercises to do to get rid of them I just want to say IT'S ALL LIES IT DOESN'T WORK. My arms are nicely toned. Still got bingo wings.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

Fantastic! I love horses. I'm unfortunately very allergic to them :( I occasionally dream that I'm riding one (like I would, as I'm terrified of heights and all) and I wake up sad that I can't.

About dishes - I hate doing dishes by hand. Working in the food business for a year I get way too paranoid about using sponges to wash dishes... or I'd have to pretty much use a new sponge every time, lol.

And laundry... I don't separate colors and whites. Ever. Also I remember visiting my sister and seeing her laundry machine and I was like OMG I would die. The thing was so tiny. I'd have to do 10 loads a week with that thing!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

That is so cool! Confession: I've never been on a horse in my life. In fact, I don't even think I've ever seen one up close.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    atw56bowebco.jpg

Well, this is what I got. :(

I'm way behind, but it's been years since I've used one of those. Is that a positive or a negative?

ETA: Read further...negative. So sorry. I remember when we were trying to get pregnant. That negative on that stupid little stick was heart breaking. It took almost four years and one miscarraige before I got (and stayed) pregnant with my son.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    tigerThea wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

See and I can picture that and it's awesome. haha

Awesomely embarrassing, yes!

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

LOL, that's what I've said about myself when they won't work :grin:

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!

Trutein Cinnabun from bodybuilding.com. Just throwing that out there for ya. Their Peanut Butter Cup is good, too. They used to have Pumpkin Pie, but I think that is discontinued.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Sounds like you're a naturally strong person, so you probably don't need it. I do. I'm quite the weakling. Well, physically anyway. Mentally, no. Mentally I'm known as the Boot Camp Drill Sargent in my family. Physically, well??? Let's just say that sometimes going in and out of the grocery store I step onto the automatic door thingy and the door doesn't open. Thankfully, I learned from "Toy Story" to jump up and down once or twice and the door opens. My son finds this highly amusing and will lag behind me just to watch it happen.

I don't jump up and down, but sometimes I have to cha cha back and forth to catch the sensor. We'd be a blast trying to get into the store together.

I can join your little group. I was following someone into a store one day and the door almost closed on me. Scared the crap outta me and I probably looked funny jumping out of the way. Maybe all three of us could get it to work lol.

Apparently I walk too fast....or lack a soul, I have walked into those darn doors more than once. Maybe I'll try disco dancing up to them to give the doors a chance.

HA! Yes! It can be me, you, Shiba, Suzieq and BZAH10. We'll be like a really small, yet rhythmic gang.

♫♪When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way. From your first cigarette, to your last dying day.♫♪

You have to snap your fingers, too.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I am currently drinking a protein shake. Why, oh why can they not make a protein powder that tastes good?!

Two words: Dyna Whey. Available at Superstore (and Costco, if you have one).

But ONLY in Canada, because you are greedy protein that doesn't taste icky bastages.

Oh, gosh. You weren't supposed to see that. o:)

I seriously think of you every damn morning when I open the container (it's in Tupperware) and the aroma of iced cappuccino wafts out at me.

Which brings me to a strange confession... for someone who loathes cooking, and all aspects of meal preparation, I own craploads of Tupperware. All acquired in my younger years when I was not very well off, and that stuff's bloody expensive. I think maybe I had a fantasy that it would make me enjoy cooking, or make it easier, or something like that.

When I first moved out, I had all my mom's old tupperware, and then my aunt sent me a giant box full because she bought all new. I have it in 80's pastels and 70's avocado and pumpkin. Between my husband and I, we cook ALL the time, but we never bother with the tupperware. We use gladlock containers and freezer bags for everything.

I bet you don't have the gigantic cake taker caddy thing, which has only ever seen use as a bucket when my water tank pressure valve decided to leak. How about the pick-a-deli? (And I never buy pickles!) TWO sets of the canisters? Enough mixing bowls to start your own bakery?

Sadly, the only piece that I didn't purchase is the big divided server thing, for fresh fruit or veggies. Somebody unloaded it on me. And I don't entertain.

I do! And the veggie tray thing, with a little bowl in the middle for dip. Hand-me-downs from my grandma. :p
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Confession today is that the squat rack was busy, again! I couldn't do my lifting on Monday because it was busy and I refused to miss it again today so I used the incline bench press rack as a squat rack. It worked at the time, but I have a distinct feeling I may come to regret doing it. :confounded: We will find out tomorrow morning I guess.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options

But ONLY in Canada, because you are greedy protein that doesn't taste icky bastages.

I seriously think of you every damn morning when I open the container (it's in Tupperware) and the aroma of iced cappuccino wafts out at me.

Which brings me to a strange confession... for someone who loathes cooking, and all aspects of meal preparation, I own craploads of Tupperware. All acquired in my younger years when I was not very well off, and that stuff's bloody expensive. I think maybe I had a fantasy that it would make me enjoy cooking, or make it easier, or something like that.

When I first moved out, I had all my mom's old tupperware, and then my aunt sent me a giant box full because she bought all new. I have it in 80's pastels and 70's avocado and pumpkin. Between my husband and I, we cook ALL the time, but we never bother with the tupperware. We use gladlock containers and freezer bags for everything.

I bet you don't have the gigantic cake taker caddy thing, which has only ever seen use as a bucket when my water tank pressure valve decided to leak. How about the pick-a-deli? (And I never buy pickles!) TWO sets of the canisters? Enough mixing bowls to start your own bakery?

Sadly, the only piece that I didn't purchase is the big divided server thing, for fresh fruit or veggies. Somebody unloaded it on me. And I don't entertain.

I had the cake taker. Then I used it for the intended purpose, and put a cake in it. That resulted in everyone forgetting there was a cake in it, and when I remembered and took it down, it was moldy. Which is why I had a cake taker but no longer have a cake taker. I have the popsicle molds, though.

Want another cake taker? :)

I have two of the pie takers. I use them a lot for transporting cheesecake to potluck events, and for keeping cheesecake in the fridge... because even I can't finish off a 9" cheesecake in a few days.

Mmm... cheesecake...

No thanks, the inherent problem with the cake taker is you can't see the cake inside, so forget it's there.

Doublety double post.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options

I had the cake taker. Then I used it for the intended purpose, and put a cake in it. That resulted in everyone forgetting there was a cake in it, and when I remembered and took it down, it was moldy. Which is why I had a cake taker but no longer have a cake taker. I have the popsicle molds, though.

Want another cake taker? :)

I have two of the pie takers. I use them a lot for transporting cheesecake to potluck events, and for keeping cheesecake in the fridge... because even I can't finish off a 9" cheesecake in a few days.

Mmm... cheesecake...

No thanks, the inherent problem with the cake taker is you can't see the cake inside, so forget it's there.

I never forget cake...or cheesecake. I obsess on it until it's gone.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For more laundry talk, here's 1 morning of baseball/softball game day laundry. 4 loads there for 55 lb washers, everything gets soaked overnight, everything gets scrubbed by hand, washed twice, then hung to dry.

1ui7uy630z7r.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    The stepdaughter did come by last night. She emptied the litter box and I assume fed/watered her cat. She was in the living room (with a friend she brought over without telling us) my husband and daughter. They were all chatting when I walked in. I said zero words to her, put away the groceries, and went to take a shower since I had just worked out.

Apparently, she told my husband and daughter that she was going to drop off her friend and come back. I don't feel I need to tell you this didn't happen.

My husband finally broke down last night and said "I don't know why she doesn't want to live with us." It was heartbreaking and I want to spank her for being such a little jerk to her dad.

Thank you for allowing me to vent incessantly about this on here. I really appreciate it.

How nice of her to feed and change her cat!!! :s

Do you think there might be something else going on here? Like drugs or something?

I kinda thought that, too, when Mo said she took off with her friend and didn't come back. When my step-daughter was using, it was like this all the time. Wouldn't hear from her for months at a time. Would say she was coming over, then never showed up. Luckily, she's clean now and doing really well.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Whatever is in the Pure Protein bar. It was not a pleasant experience. So much so that I suggested eating one to someone that confessed that they were constipated.

That was me you suggested it to. I do eat two a day (breakfast and lunch). Nothing so far.

Now I'm trying the Pearls (probiotic/enzyme pills).
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    For more laundry talk, here's 1 morning of baseball/softball game day laundry. 4 loads there for 55 lb washers, everything gets soaked overnight, everything gets scrubbed by hand, washed twice, then hung to dry.

1ui7uy630z7r.jpg

Holy cow. I imagine you feel the same about laundry day as a chef does about going home and cooking a meal for their family every night!

I tip my hat to you Sir, I couldn't do it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    You're only as sick as your secrets, right?
    I've been thinking of cutting a lot lately. I don't even have any razors. I can't figure out why. I should be happier; I've been in a better place mentally than in years and years, and I'm into a really good college with everything paid for, and my sister's in another country. What am I doing wrong? What is wrong with me? I won't do it but I can't stop thinking about it. It would be so easy. But every time I started again I would remember how absolutely right it felt and then it would get worse.

On another note, anytime anyone says "feeling poorly" or variants thereof I have to force myself not to disregard everything else they're saying. .__. oops. Also, I wrote insulting limericks in my friend's yearbook over all the pictures of people we didn't like, and one of them was rather crude, and her mother saw it. Oops.

Also this thread makes me feel so much better about myself. So nice to have some solidarity and lack of judgment.

I'm glad you're comfortable enough here to admit stuff like that. I'm also impressed with your thought process and how you are analyzing your impulses and not acting on them. I've never experienced anything like that. It must be super hard. You are a strong person!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    30 lbs down with 20 more to go. Today, I am doing a ridiculous little happy dance.

That counts as exercise, right?

Yes! Awesome!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

I've been meaning to make hummus for weeks, but I'm worried that I will eat the entire batch in a week three days.