Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    labohn91 wrote: »
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.

Bahahaha I totally do this too!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.

Guilty. :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I am on www.luckyvitamin.com, & wanted to tell those in the thread suffering from Celiacs or Gluten Intolerance they have a gluten free spread in different flavors that seems tasty.

The spread name is Buff Bake & they have flavors like Chocolate Chip, Cookie, Cinnamon Raisin, Cranberry Almond, Butter Cookie, & Snickerdoodle.

The price is pretty high, but if you go by servings it comes out to around $0.41 a serving for some of the flavors.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I've never had one of those protein bars or Quest bars either. I have had a Clif bar before..does that count?
    I do love my ice cream and cookies though. :smiley:

Six was the Doomsday killer.

I eat Cliff bars.....and I used to love this one kind of pure protein bar, but they stopped making it a while back.....

Oh right, Tom Hanks' son. I liked that one too!

This!

And also @lilaclovebird, good for you..glad you ate that donut (doughnut) ! :)

It was CREAM FILLED :naughty: ....my fave. I think the BEST part was that it actually fit in my calories for the day.

Yum, and that makes it even better that you fit it in! Also, love the new picture! :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

That would never occur to me. I would rather listen to music.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8, how was your weekend/riding all the rollercoasters (can't remember the name of where you went)? Did I miss an update?

No you didn't miss an update we didn't get to go as it stormed really bad on Sunday :( We definitely made up for it though! Went shopping and bought some new dresses for my trip! Used my coupon at Yankee Candle (have I mentioned I'm obsessed with scents?) then we went bowling, had pizza, and got ice cream for national ice cream day! Haha so sad I didn't get to go to King's Island but we made up for it! Thanks for asking!

Well, that sounds like a pretty good day! Hopefully you can find a day with good weather and go to King's Island soon!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

The unit next door to my work is a popcorn warehouse. It smells SO good. Especially when you're smelling it by the ton. It never tastes that good though, you're right. Maybe if I ate a ton of it it would.

If you ate a ton of it would would never want to eat it again.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the hugs and well wishes everyone! It means a lot! ❤️

I've noticed she's started waking up during the night again even after taking melatonin, so I don't know what could be causing that. Her doctor did say if she wakes up before 3 am to give her another dose, I just hate the idea that she has to take something just to sleep. :neutral:

Ian did that for years... he would sleep from 8-3 and then I would be up until 5, sleep an hour and get up to get ready for work. I finally made his bedtime 10. He got up with me at 5:30 and he took a nap at 3:30. I was fortunate that his great grandmother was in good health and could pick him up. He still doesn't have a normal sleep cycle, but it's better than it used to be. Please know that you're not alone and that I am praying for you and for Raelynn.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confessions and feelings:
    (I hope it's okay to post this here considering I have B.E.D)
    • I can eat a 2lbs thing of sour cream while eating chips and french onion dip, the chips being a family size bag
    • For a long time I binged on Sour Cream and Onion chips in the Wal-Mart parking lot, it was my thing I did in the evenings after class :o
    • I could easily eat a Edwards Oreo pie in one day, and have many times
    • If I eat hot dogs I eat at Ieast 3 minimum, 4 max
    • I can't comfortably date until my weight is down, but I won't say this unless asked
    • I feel like I'm constantly battling my B.E.D and I'm trying to give it one hell of a fight (It started from a very young age, I believe it's because I could never find comfort in people so I found it in food)
    • I get extremely agitated when I've been craving something for days, I even dream about food
    • Three years ago I lost about 40lbs and gained 81lbs back, making me feel worse than ever [I've lost 24lbs of it currently]
    • I have anxiety and can't stand to look people in the eye :(
    • I hate when I tell [said person] about how much weight I've lost and get replies such as "Good, if you don't you'll die" *** "You better or you're going to end up getting diabetes" *** "You will end up losing a leg if you don't, do you want that?"*** It's almost never a "I'm so happy for you, I'm proud of you keep going." :s

All valid confessions, lots of them things I have done, except I used to dip wavy chips in peanut butter. You can do this and we are here to help. Tip: buy a real book with pages you don't want grease all over or take up cross-stitch. It takes both hands and I didn't want to ruin the cloth with greasy fingers. It really worked. Now I fold all of the laundry for my family of six...I am not getting greasy chips on that either.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Oooh, I would love that.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

Something about it is not good for me. Literally every time I eat it my weight spikes. I figure its water weight?

Just out of curiosity, does all corn cause this, or just popcorn?

I like popcorn, but it's definitely a sometimes food for me because I can't stop at a single serving.

Just popcorn. And I do eat copious amounts of it if I do eat it. :)
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wahoo @lilaclovebird, @Glinda1971 and @quiksylver296!

See cool kids, our thread is good for weight loss :)

Yup. +1 to this.

TOTALLY - among a lot of other things.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    In good news, I finally told my work today about the 'being with child' and it was fine. A couple of them had guessed since at nearly 16 weeks I am developing a mini-pouch. Nice to not have to hold my belly in all the time anymore!

I feel like I have been living a lie though, with everyone on here thinking I'm Spa Marie. MFP won't allow hyphens and Spammarie looked weird to me!
    It's great that telling work was ok. Will you get decent maternity leave? Do you plan to keep working after the baby?

Yes, your name is a LIE!! You'll be 'Spammy' to me from now on!

We do have statutory maternity pay and leave in the UK. It's rubbish compared to some other European countries, but obviously way better than the States.

I'll get 90% of my salary for 6 weeks, then £138/week (that's about $220) for up to the next 33 weeks, which is the bare legal minimum. I am also entitled to take a full 12 months off and expect to come back to my job, although I won't be paid for the remainder. The £138/week hurts though. I'm hoping we can afford for me to stay home for 9 months. After that I really hope I can negotiate a part-time return (I'm thinking 3 days a week) as childcare will be quite astronomical and I just don't want to leave a little baby for that long. But we'll see, I haven't discussed my return to work with my employers yet. I hope they'll be receptive since they've invested quite a lot in training me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Guilty. :lol:

Not guilty. I am currently listening to our local sports radio show trying not to hear the four different conversations going on around me. The sensory overload of that could easily have me running from the building today because I didn't sleep well last night. On the plus side they are talking to local high school football coaches about the children of some of my friends.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Remember when I cosigned about the AC yesterday? It's out at the office today... heaven help us and the patients, especially the pediatric office on the second floor....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I confess I am very unimpressed that I am awake right now.....

:unamused:

^^^^ I think this is the face you are making... it is : unamused : without the extra spaces.

Most 'normal' people sleep during this time. I am a night shifter so I am generally awake at all hours of the night. My diary has to be set up by times of the day versus 'breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack' and that works out great for me.

Is there any way you could squeeze in a nap later or something? I know with your OCD type tendencies going to bed earlier might not be a valid option, but if you can that might be worth a shot too.

No time for a nap today!
    I went to bed at 11:30pm, sleeping by 12:30am, and just woke up at 4:30 for no reason. It took me until nearly 7am to fall back asleep and now my alarm went off at 8am and I am not impressed, lol.

Gonna try and go to bed a bit earlier tonight too, esp cuz I have to be up earlier as I finally have my appt at the Y to get set up on the new weight machines early tomorrow morning.....

ETA: nice new aviator!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

That would never occur to me. I would rather listen to music.

Yeah, me too. I don't think I would be interested enough in listening to what someone else was talking about to care, lol.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession: At the staff meeting earlier, I made it through the whole meeting without eating a single doughnut.
    So after the meeting, I clocked out and rewarded myself with a doughnut.... :lol:

Bravo. This is something I would do...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    FYI, I'm alive. After my marathon day on Thursday, I did a whole lot of homework, and not a whole lot of anything else this weekend, so I'm way behind (30 pages kind of behind).

Additionally, our network at work updated over the weekend, and the boards are now blocked (though the rest of the site seems okay), so no more chatting at work (unless I get motivated enough to do it on my phone). Ha!

Boo!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

Your freezer is broken...there is no ice cream in there. :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

Yep! Love it!