Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I totally agree. I can only hope their partners know what they're doing online, because yikes.

I don't really get the attraction either. I'm single but I guess I'm not interested in virtual ego stroking? Not into long distance relationships? Not interested in anyone outside of, like, a 200-foot radius?

Why can't I meet a man between the computer and the fridge, that would be the ideal situation.

It would be my luck to find one who gets into those threads though.

This made me LOL. :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda.
    I just took the quiz and got Worcester MA, Boston MA, and Honolulu HI. Worcester and Boston make sense because I grew up in NH and just moved to ME 3 years ago...both states are right near MA. No idea about Honolulu though!

We are pop people in the inland northwest. I've done that quiz before, and it's super fun. The first time I took it, I confused it because I grew up in the northwest and but lived in the midwest, south, and southwest, so I learned words for things that I didn't have words for growing up (e.g. access roads and parking strips) and didn't pay attention to that when answering questions. When I did it again trying to just remember what I used to call things, it pegged me perfectly (gave me Spokane, WA; Seattle, WA; and Portland, OR - I grew up in Spokane).

I've taken it before, and it pegged me perfectly too. I don't remember exactly which city, but it was close.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda.
    I just took the quiz and got Worcester MA, Boston MA, and Honolulu HI. Worcester and Boston make sense because I grew up in NH and just moved to ME 3 years ago...both states are right near MA. No idea about Honolulu though!

Apparently my dialect is closest to Boise, Reno, or Spokane. I guess I should move in with @Mohouson. :p

Nope, that would be me, Susie. Spokane would be @nonoelmo And you're welcome any time!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Just got home from leg day. Pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. But I squatted 75 and deadlifted 85!! Both of those are over half my body weight! Yay!

Yeah, girl! Get it!!!! <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."
    Inside... for her protection. :)

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg

@quiksylver296 who acts tougher the cat or the dog?

The cat, LOL. The dog is actually a big chicken sissy. :D
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.

I confess I do this often if I have 'complicated' pants on. Meaning I have to button some elaborate button configuration. I always seem to forget the 'zip' part when that happens.

My neighbor caught me a couple days ago with it open (office neighbor). Oh, well. At least I was wearing underwear. :)

BOOM. That's exactly how those pants are. There's a button closure, then these 2 slide clasp things AND a zipper. I do the button first, then the clasps, and then by the time I get to the zipper, I've already exhausted myself.

I double checked my zipper today. :smiley:

• quiksylver296
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

As soon as I walked in one of my co-workers told me lol. Good thing she is my person and if anyone gets that reference we can be best friends, Sorry for stealing your line @MoHousdon ;)

LOL - I get that reference. I've watched Grey's since the beginning... even though it's jumped the shark a few times.

I thought it was Grey's, but I cannot watch that show. Medicine doesn't actually work that way and it makes me crazy.

I actually find it hilarious that anyone who is knowledgeable in any field can't seem to watch movies or shows about them without getting completely teed off by the inaccuracies. It's totally something I would do if I watched anything! Inaccuracies would drive me absolutely up the wall...

That is why I cannot watch any cop-type shows.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to move you all out to the pool deck at this rate, but it's also a great place for a dinner party ;)

I'm excited to go wine shopping, it's the best part of all dinner parties.

I'm cool with the pool deck, as long as there's no swimming involved. I'm looking forward to getting to wear a pretty dress and heels for this imaginary party I'm attending with all my new best friends.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.

In my freezer I have 3 bags of mixed frozen fruit for my protein drinks.

What else could you need?

And yes, that would be it.

Your freezer is broken, too.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Sounds good to me, haha.

I've eaten jars of the stuff in my time. Managing to keep off it mostly these days and just drink one at night (that's the Options 40 calories a cup). Why? I don't know. It's messy and difficult to eat but it's, you know, chocolate. Mixing it with neat whisky adds another dimension. I'm so glad there are so many of us - have wondered at times if I had a borderline eating disorder.

I'm sure lots of folk have microwaved cheese on a plate like I used to.

My most recent confession is to going wild last week and eating 5 packs of crisps and popcorn and drinking enough alcohol to make me stagger around. These two things are almost certainly connected.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Has anyone seen @BZAH10 around or have I just missed her posts?

She's around. Just hasn't been to this thread. Don't know why.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Took the dialect quiz and got Shreveport La, Baton Rouge La, and Jackson Ms. Funny since I live near Houston in Texas. Guess I need to move a little more eastward.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
    Yes! Styrofoamy is right. I can really love a good home baked cake, though. My sister and I once made a delicious black cherry chocolate cake. You probably wouldn't like it because of the fruit, but maaaan it was delicious. I also love making homemade carrot cakes with CREAM CHEESE icing.

Exactly! When I first met my in-laws, they bought a cake that was supposedly red velvet from a bakery that has a good reputation here in Saudi Arabia. It was terrible--it tasted just like a grocery store cake, stale and styrofoamy. I forced it down out of politeness. :s

The cake bakery that I enjoy makes THE BEST dense, fresh, DELICIOUS cakes with real buttercream icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, etc. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. I go there every time I visit Oman. I haven't found anything like it in Saudi Arabia. :-/

Confession: I make buttercream and eat it without cake. Sometimes I mix in blueberries or strawberries.

At least you make the buttercream.

Your post just reminded me that there is some leftover pre-made frosting in my fridge and I fully intend to eat it, with a spoon, over the next few days... willful cakelessness. Nor am I going to mix in fruit and up the nutritional quotient.

I love frosting. I happily eat it without cake. Sometimes I eat it off the cake and throw the cake away. :)

Hahaha I do too Patricia!! I heart icing so much!

When I would stay at my grandma's I would always look in her fridge to see if she had any icing & then I would take a spoon & eat some.

My grandma would make us graham cracker/icing 'sandwiches.' Mmm, I haven't had one of those in decades...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Just got home from leg day. Pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. But I squatted 75 and deadlifted 85!! Both of those are over half my body weight! Yay!

Oooh... you are Super Great!

Leg Day for me today... I can't maintain consistent squat form to save my life, and I refuse to increase my lift until I get the bugs ironed out, it's very frustrating... but I'm still rather conscious of my glutes right now.

@Italian_Buju hope the weight machines went well... and the Quest bar... not sure about working out after one of those, they tend to sit in my stomach like an indigestible lump for quite a while.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Ugh having a rough day today… Took yesterday off work to do a mental health day… I did my C25k run, walked around 2 different malls (did buy a few things, but not much), drank some Starbucks, actually got a mani/pedi…and then last night was rough, my nails are already smudged, came in this morning to a scolding from my boss (who is notoriously difficult to please, but still…) and I’ve just had it. I WAS less stressed yesterday until dealing with my defiant 3.5 yr old, and now this…
    Weight’s down a bit, and I hit goal weight#2. Not happy (still) with how I look, so I lowered it again to 120. I’m 5’4.5; that should still be ok. 128.5 looks lumpy on me. Hoping the jogging will help thin my legs/hips more.

Yuck day. So sorry. Hugs. I always get a gel manicures (the one with UV light to cure the polish) because they are dry by the time you leave the salon. I have never had one smudge.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Congratulations on becoming my new best friends. That is to this day one of my most favorite episodes.

[/quote]

I have never seen Friends. I guess I am off the friend list. :(

ETA: Shoot tried to cut that down and got messed up quotes. [/quote]

You're not getting rid of me that easily, Patricia!

• acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm probably slogging through a plateau right now, but I'm being delusional about it.
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Update from yesterday: I let the dog sleep inside. I locked up the entire house (we live in the boonies, and usually don't). I couldn't sleep. I'm exhausted this morning.

Confession - kinda: I tried out for Wheel of Fortune (the TV show) once. I got called back for a second 'interview.' I wasn't chosen and I haven't watched the show since. It's like I'm trying to punish them for not choosing me. Which is dumb, because they don't know if I am watching or not. (The guy that was chosen was a school 'lunch lady' and won over $40,000. He definitely needed the money more than me.)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.
    Hahah! Oops!
    I used to work in an engineering office - 95% male. 42.3% of them would walk around unzipped most of the time, and I'd have to try not to notice.
    Is it just a British thing to say "You've got egg on your chin" to subtly alert someone that their fly is unzipped? Is there an American equivalent?

The phrase I use is 'you're flying at half mast'. I think it refers to having your white shirt poking through your flies. Always makes me laugh.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I finally got the quiz to work - I think I was breaking it with the one set of questions because my map ended up all blue for most of the questions.

My most similar are: Seattle, Tacoma and Salt Lake City.

Least similar: Amarillo, Lubbock, Shreveport.