May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Yay @midwesterner85 congratulations!

Going back to the 2 at one pc situation, I technically work on 2 pcs in my job, and when I was studying I had a 3rd pc set up - granted that was a personal laptop, but had it set up with two monitors. Was awesome.

Almost didn't go out this morning. Had a bit of churning and gurgling in my tummy all night. But went out because my new philosophy is you only regret the run you don't do. Plan was for 5k. It was really warm this morning, 18 degrees (64f) and give. Its supposed to be winter on Saturday thats warm! The gurgling was still happening and about half a km I felt the need to go bathroom. Stubbornly I kept going - now thats a great way to activate your gluteus, run 5k while holding off the bathroom! I've been taking iron supplements and stool softener cause otherwise the iron blocks me up. But I think i may have accidentally taken 2 yesterday - one in the morning and one at night. I'm still trying to make it a habit and forgot the night before. Sigh. Made it home though so whew! And made a good pace despite the temperature.

Sitting here typing that all out and it starts raining! Where was that an hr ago!

Up until a few years ago, we used a reporting software with a plug-in to Excel 2003. Instead of using Excel 2003 on my newer PC, I would remote desktop in to an old PC at the same location as the reporting software and run Excel 2003 on that. It was still slow and it sucked.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Finally got myself out for a run yesterday. I started out at sunset. It'd been raining all day and finally let up. Cool with a breeze, Garmin says 23 degrees. During the 1st km, I could literally feel my bones and muscles and lung capacity expand and relax. Man, it felt good to be running. The rest of the run was uneventful, besides hordes of dancing old ladies and a strange niggle in my left knee. The latter was probably nothing.

Some kind of celebration or festival out your way?

Just a regular day in China. (Look up "square dancing China" if you're interested, I'm told it doesn't happen anywhere else :D )

Ah! Well that does not happen in my town, cannot speak much beyond that. :) It is a great idea or at least sounds like one. Saw some hits about Bejing not being happy about it and trying to regulate it. I suspect that was ineffective. But my view from here is very limited. :)

If my 30 seconds off Googling paid off...

"Square Dancing" in America means something a little different. Seems "Square Dance" in Chine refers to the PLACE of the dancing (in the public square) where here in America, "Square Dance" is a specific style of dance normally done to Country-Western music often with a barn or cowboy/girl theme.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I got some sunburn at the marathon on Sun. Does anybody know of sunscreen that lasts 6+ hours so I can apply it before marathons and not have to re-apply?

*Asking for a friend, or something like that...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I got some sunburn at the marathon on Sun. Does anybody know of sunscreen that lasts 6+ hours so I can apply it before marathons and not have to re-apply?

A shirt. :smiley:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Anyone have recommendations for favorite hydration packs/vests that have pockets/storage on the front? I got a little bit of mold in the tube of mine and I'm using it as an excuse to buy a new one, since I have regretted since day 1 that I did not get one with pockets/storage on the front :D

And yes, I know I need to store the bladder/tube in the freezer, I think my subconscious was also looking for an excuse to buy a new one, lol
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Anyone have recommendations for favorite hydration packs/vests that have pockets/storage on the front? I got a little bit of mold in the tube of mine and I'm using it as an excuse to buy a new one, since I have regretted since day 1 that I did not get one with pockets/storage on the front :D

And yes, I know I need to store the bladder/tube in the freezer, I think my subconscious was also looking for an excuse to buy a new one, lol

I have a Nathan pack with front pockets and like it.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Bull frog was always one of my favorites. I doubt you’d get 6 hours out of one application unless you went with a cream/lotion. A higher spf might leave enough residue to get you 6 hours with one application a or good ol’ zinc oxide type may resist the sweat and elements. They tend to be hot in my opinion. Perhaps a shirt, like @PastorVincent suggested. I looked at rash shirts and the like, not sure if running in them is a good idea. Maybe check out some tri wear?

Personally I use the spray sun block. If you could carry it... you can reapply.

I found this shirt
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

I got this Nathan 4L vest a couple of months ago and have only used it for carrying stuff to and from the gym so far - the front pockets are great for a phone, handful of credit cards, key, and AirPod case, and the back has enough room for a light change of clothes and small towel. I haven't actually used it with the bladder since I've only been running short distances and it hasn't gotten hot here yet. But the pockets are great!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

part 1) i have a miracol. 2L bladder, another holder for a water bottle up front. pockets on front, side, and big pocket in back
    part 2) i don't know that about the bladder, i guess i'll rewash and put it in the freezer when i get home