May 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I just started June thread here

Come on over and post your goals, plans, whines, encouragement and commiseration!

Thanks, @katharmonic!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Well done @rheddmobile !!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 2nd place AG, @rheddmobile! That's fantastic! Hope your Achilles is not too upset with you today.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great job, @rheddmobile !!!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    Great job @rheddmobile !
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    This morning I developed an ache in my right hip abductor in the middle of my routine set of cone touches. I backed off the other morning exercises that hit that area, and it felt better by afternoon. So I went to club practice intending to just run about 5 easy miles.

Well. The hip abductor announced its presence as soon as I started running. Ran about 50 seconds, and decided it was telling me I had come back too strong. So today is an extra rest day. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, and either do an easy run or take my regularly scheduled rest day tomorrow.

The stress fracture isn't all better, but it's showing continual progress. The last thing I need is to hurt something else to put me on the couch.
    @mobycarp - Not sure if you were doing any strength conditioning while you were down but what I thought was a hip/quad issue was in fact a glute weakened from the rehab of the stress fracture. I have now added in more glute exercises to my routine to strengthen that area and it seems to be slowly helping.