Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Mountain - 3!!!

So excited for you!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @bkhamill, that is horrendous. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm impressed that his brother acted like he did though, and I hope that restored a little bit of faith that some people can be decent. I'm glad to hear that you were somehow able to move on from that and not let it define your life.

Likewise, it's a horrific story, but that brother sounds like a truly great guy.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    @pofoster21 That just makes me want to order a Charge HR more! Love the color.
    Congrats on the three years @Just_Ceci

I used to watch the Lion King every week and act it out with my toys.

I am so old!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yeah I'd love to! And have a little holiday at the same time ;)

Might be up @girldownsouth 's alley also

Yep, country music might make the running part better! In fact, what would definitely get me round a marathon would be if you could get Dierks Bentley to run just in front of me! That'd be great...

Okay, guys, 4/30/16 is our date! I'll have to think about which country artist I would want to run behind. I love Eric Church, but he's taken. As is Toby Keith. Not sure about Chris Young. I love Gary Allen's voice but he isn't the most handsome man in the world... Hmmm. I'll have to think on it a bit. Start training!

@girldownsouth wanna be my training partner?

Might need to look into flights etc first, but sure, running can never be a bad thing.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Mountain - 3!!!

You got this!! Enjoy it to the fullest.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Mountain - 3!!!

Exciting!!!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    Congratulations @Just_Ceci - an inspiration to us all.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: We are taking my son in law out for his birthday dinner tonight, he wants seafood. We will go to Joe's Crab Shack at his request. I do not like most seafood but Crab legs! Yes! I do not care what the calories add up to, I will have the fries and hushpuppies and maybe even some dessert.
    The last time I went, I ordered the shark bite drink and liked it. I've still got the little shark sitting sitting on my desk. :open_mouth:

I have one of these too! On my bookshelf at home!

ETA: To remove picture.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    lxsaps wrote: »
    I just had about 5 bites of Carrot Cake and I feel terrible about it.

Was it the kind with raisins and/or walnuts in it? Because then I would too. ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Occasionally, my daughter will call me and say, "Guess what we're watching?" It is usually some movie that she binge watched as a child that she is now sharing with her 2 little ones. One of my favorite memories with my grandson is when I took him to see "Monsters Inc" in 3D at the theater when it was re-released. When Sully was taking Boo down the hallway, grandson stood up and yelled, "No, don't go down there!"

Daughter loved "Master of Disguise" and "Grease" as she got a little older and still watches those every chance she gets (me too!)

Love Grease one of my all time favourites
    I'm old enough that my friends and I used to re-enact the whole movie during our school lunchtimes (except for the gross pregnancy scare parts, because ewww!)

ETA: We would take turns being Sandy. No idea why, when anyone with a brain can see that Rizzo is the coolest.
    Also, my daughter told me a couple of days ago "Today's the day that the car from Grease would finally have reached the sun".
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill, that is horrendous. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm impressed that his brother acted like he did though, and I hope that restored a little bit of faith that some people can be decent. I'm glad to hear that you were somehow able to move on from that and not let it define your life.

Likewise, it's a horrific story, but that brother sounds like a truly great guy.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. His brother was a truly great human being. He passed away when he was 39, I have no details as to why. The loser brother still lives in our home town.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Occasionally, my daughter will call me and say, "Guess what we're watching?" It is usually some movie that she binge watched as a child that she is now sharing with her 2 little ones. One of my favorite memories with my grandson is when I took him to see "Monsters Inc" in 3D at the theater when it was re-released. When Sully was taking Boo down the hallway, grandson stood up and yelled, "No, don't go down there!"

Daughter loved "Master of Disguise" and "Grease" as she got a little older and still watches those every chance she gets (me too!)

Love Grease one of my all time favourites
    I'm old enough that my friends and I used to re-enact the whole movie during our school lunchtimes (except for the gross pregnancy scare parts, because ewww!)

Me too! I so remember doing that on lunch hour and trying to drag the boys into doing it too lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg

That's super great!
    Wow!! That's so awesome!!! Congrats to you!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I ended up eating a bit more than usual last night (just about 150 cals-ish higher, so NBD) and had a 2 lb woosh this morning... what the whah?? IDK but I'll take it.

So now @tubbs I think we're almost identical in stats... I have 8 lb to go to goal, about 5 after that. I desperately need new work clothes because they're hanging in weird places and un-tailored work clothes bother me lol... I may hit up cheap clothes to get me through the next few months until my spree at goal lol...

And I may have found a dog from the local rescue group near me... He's 5 yrs old, housetrained/shots/neutered, Beagle and he seems adorable.
    I have a twin!!

Regarding the dog, make sure you (and your neighbours) can handle the howling before you take him. My best friend has a beagle and she's lovely but the howling when she's excited... :#

Yes, they are very...interesting dogs. I had a beagle for awhile, and he was a very sweet dog. He would howl when I left which didn't really work in an apartment building. He would run out the front door if he could get around you and he could climb chain link fences. I had no choice but to get rid of him for several reasons, but I always felt bad. Saki is probably in doggie heaven by now.

My beagle is pretty quiet, so I'm lucky. He'll definitely do the chirp-y baying howl when he smells a rabbit on our walks, and if I'm too slow to get him a snack I'll get the throaty half-howl. But generally he doesn't really bark. Probably because he's asleep.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg

That's great stuff, right there!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: We are taking my son in law out for his birthday dinner tonight, he wants seafood. We will go to Joe's Crab Shack at his request. I do not like most seafood but Crab legs! Yes! I do not care what the calories add up to, I will have the fries and hushpuppies and maybe even some dessert.

OMG - are you in the Portland/Vancouver area? Cuz that is fabulous! I've never been to Joe's Crabshack, but have always wanted to try it.

Oh wait... that restaurant is a chain, isn't it? And here I was thinking the only one anywhere is in Vancouver, WA. HA! /embarrassed grin

I'm in Pullman, no one else confessed to being northwesterners, so I might be the closest to you.

You're pretty close to me. I'm in Spokane.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. I feel left out :'( .

Way behind, but I wanted to say that I'm so relieved that I am not the only person who hates weddings. I love my friends/family and am happy for them, but my goodness most weddings are the most boring events in the world.

My cousin is getting married in a couple of months and I keep toying with the idea of sneaking my kindle in. I don't know if I'd manage to get away with it though.

Do you have a smartphone? If so, you could put the Kindle app on it, and it would be a little less obvious.

• berlynnwall
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @berlynnwall don't feel left out! We all get behind sometimes but just jump back in we don't want to lose you! (Or anyone else for that matter! :()

Thanks <3. I will jump in when I can!

ow0it7kmayud.jpg
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill that is a lot and I'm glad (1) brother stepped in (2) your father handled it appropriately (3) justice was sought (4) you found healing and moved on. HUGS
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg

WOWOWOWOW!! NICE!