Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I did go to the gym. Am now home in a foul snappy mood, God knows why.

Oh and I ate two pop tarts on the way home. When I knew the casserole in the slow cooker would be ready. Go me! /Sarcasm

Oh dear... TOM? I get rally pissed off at the world the day or so before. I bite everyone's heads off. I used to cry hysterically before. Now I just get in a total rage. I have to step away when I do that. I can hear it on calls and I have even gotten off my horses in the past when I realized I was in a foul mood because of that, as I have ZERO patience. I get over it in a day or so.

No, I don't have TOM, as I'm on the injection to spare me all the pain and mess, although I wish I had it to blame binges/moods on

Neither do I. I had a procedure done years ago to eliminate all of that nonsense, but I do still get the mood swings. I ignore them because I refuse to let them control me, but if I really pay attention I could still tell when during the month it should be happening. Just to say, blame the moods anyway!

Yanno, i have been wondering recently if i still had the hormonal surges that would result in the moods/food cravings and kinda dismissed it as yet another excuse, but as you've said you experience, maybe there is something in it.

I'm on the injection (depo) and I definitely still get the hormonal surges. Excessive hunger, carb cravings, depression, and even pimples (ugh).

Wow, THIS got flagged as spam? I must have spammy pimples. ;)

I'm wondering who flagged it! Or, if it was accidental or something because that's just ridiculous. Although we would not have heard the phrase "spammy pimples" otherwise, so maybe we should thank whomever flagged it?

LMAO :)

...way to find an upside... ;)

(Oh, and I agree -- the world would be a wee bit less sunny were we not to have been treated to the phrase "spammy pimples"... (adorable!) :) )

I cannot think of any other instance in life where those words would ever come up together and it makes me laugh every time I see it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JennaAraza wrote: »
    I went hiking this weekend and when i jumped over a
    Log, and landed with both feet on the ground, and didnt fall or trip, my arm fat gave me a round of applause!

I've confessed before...my butt claps when I do jumping jacks.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I will stay up until 3am playing CODBlackOPS and eat snacks without logging them. But I am good about correcting the calories burned because MFP gives you WAY more calories than you actually burn so it only hurts you instead of helps. WATCH THE CALORIES YOU BURN ON YOUR MACHINE!!!! NOT MFP'S COUNT!!!

If you are referring to the number of calories burned per whatever cardio machine you are using, those are incredibly inflated and inaccurate as well.

Yeah, I mentally subtract half of what MFP says I burned. MFP is a dirty, dirty liar.

I have my Fitbit synced to MFP and although Fitbit is pretty accurate, I still rarely eat exercise cals back. Granted I struggle getting in enough cals for my regular goals, but still. I don't trust exercise cal estimates.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I like to watch trash TV like "the Bachelorette". Trash TV is so much more entertaining with a glass of wine. Or two. And the wine says "Hey, have a cookie, no big deal". And the cookie says "How 'bout some ice cream with me"?
    Maybe I should stop watching trash TV.

LOL, too funny!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I'm sorry you've gone through all of that. Ever thought of putting those awesome skills to use, though? You could become a personal shopper or consultant. People can contact you about whom they are shopping for, what their tastes are, their collections, etc. I think you'd be great at it!
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I confess that I went to Giant & Target today to see if they had any of the new food I saw on www.theimpulsivebuy.com those enablers. Giant still doesn't have Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake but I did find some new yogurts to try & bought three packages of Barber Foods Apple & Creme Brie Stuffed Chicken breasts (those are freaking amazing)!

At Target I was on the lookout for some new food items but struck out there too. I really wanted to find their Cookie Spread ice cream or even their Cinnamon ice cream that comes in a pint & the Auntie Anne's frozen pockets that resemble a Hot Pocket. It wasn't a total bust since I found a few Evol frozen entrees to try, their Monster Cookie Dough ice cream, & a lot of cheap candy bars & Skinny Cow candy that was reduced to get rid of. I was also excited to finally find a pair of gingham short on sale!

you need to try the Lemoncello Chiffon Ice Cream at Giant!! on top of the sweet creamy lemony goodness it has chunks of cheesecake, and graham cracker crust swirls. *swoon*

i'm so sad that it's only for a limited time.

I don't know what exactly Giant is, but I am p!ssed there isn't one here!

AAANNNDDDDDD....I'm finally caught up. Whew.
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I confess that I went to Giant & Target today to see if they had any of the new food I saw on www.theimpulsivebuy.com those enablers. Giant still doesn't have Talenti's Raspberry Cheesecake but I did find some new yogurts to try & bought three packages of Barber Foods Apple & Creme Brie Stuffed Chicken breasts (those are freaking amazing)!

At Target I was on the lookout for some new food items but struck out there too. I really wanted to find their Cookie Spread ice cream or even their Cinnamon ice cream that comes in a pint & the Auntie Anne's frozen pockets that resemble a Hot Pocket. It wasn't a total bust since I found a few Evol frozen entrees to try, their Monster Cookie Dough ice cream, & a lot of cheap candy bars & Skinny Cow candy that was reduced to get rid of. I was also excited to finally find a pair of gingham short on sale!

you need to try the Lemoncello Chiffon Ice Cream at Giant!! on top of the sweet creamy lemony goodness it has chunks of cheesecake, and graham cracker crust swirls. *swoon*

Sounds awesome! I think Giant is Safeway... I will stop at Safeway tonight.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I confess that I used to play Farmville & actually paid money for FVC LOL! I stopped playing when they had around 6-10 farms & it felt more like a job than a game.

I quit when they introduced the second farm. I wasn't happy with that at all... wanted to improve my farm, not have another one.

I don't mind paying a bit of money though, I mean I pay for games I like for my computer/PS4, so I don't find anything wrong with it... but when all the nice stuff would cost you $100 every month... no thanks!

I had the full series of Friends on tape.

I remember there were people that spent around thousands of dollars or more on FV. I hated that when they became the most greediest almost everything seemed to cost actual money & the things that were coins cost millions or you needed tons of neighbors to get buildings finished.

I love the games were you can add neighbors if you want but don't need them to play or advance to the next level.

Yup, I hate those games too. :( I was originally playing something called Family Farm Seaside, but it got to the point where I could no longer advance or do anything unless I paid real cash for stuff/added five million neighbors.

That's one of the best parts about Hay Day, for me. :) No neighbors, no adding people on FB to play with you, and no need for any actual cash! The "diamonds" do cost money, but they're also very easy to find in the mine or in the random pop-up treasure chests that show up here and there, so it doesn't matter. :)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Why? I am only 5'7" and it is insanely difficult finding a man of appropriate height (yes i am that shallow). Though I do not think I would want to be shorter... so never mind. Tallk people ftw
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I am 80 calories over today, but because I did a full real push-up I am pretty pleased with myself. :)

Yay! That's awesome. I keep trying, keep failing at doing a real full push up. I kinda hate push ups :)

Thank you! :) When I first tried doing them I just kept failing. I had to build up to it slowly. I first did push-ups using the wall and worked my way through lower and lower surfaces (counter, tub, stair). Maybe that would work for you as well?

I'm going to try that!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I thought I woke up early at 5! What time do you get up?

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I watch that when I am on the stationary bike & need something to watch:D. My favorite character has to be Chandler for the guys & Phoebe for the girls.

I think you mean Miss. Chanandler Bong and Regina Felangie. Later known as Princess Consuela Bananahammock. I'm rewatching every episode on Netflix with my daughter. Who I may or may not have named after a character on the show. :blush:

LMAO! I'm surprised that Phoebe was so upset when Mike wanted to be called Crap Bag. What was Joey's fake name?

Ken Adams.

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

AAANNNDDDDDD....I'm finally caught up. Whew.

it's a grocery store chain in Pennsylvania. it's also in Virginia, but it's called Martin's there. not sure if they've made it to any other states.

i'm trying to figure out how to finagle my freezer so i can stock up on the ice cream (and i'm not really even a big ice cream person, but this is just heavenly!). right now it's totally packed. planning must be done!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »

I've always wanted to be like 5'10. I'm so jealous of tall women, so gaining even an inch has me thrilled lol

Why? I am only 5'7" and it is insanely difficult finding a man of appropriate height (yes i am that shallow). Though I do not think I would want to be shorter... so never mind. Tallk people ftw

I'm 5'9", and my husband is the first guy I dated that was taller than me. For whatever reason, the only men who were ever interested in me were always shorter than me. ESPECIALLY when I was out dancing!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

This may have already been answered, but...

You do bench, rows and squats on Day One.

Then deadlift, OHP and squats on Day Two.

Then go back to Day One, rinse and repeat.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ETA: If you don't know how to do one of the lifts correctly, Youtube it.

I confess the main reason I don't want to bother with that is because there's only one squat rack at my gym and I loathe having to wait in line to use equipment.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Today is my anniversary and I confess that I am sad that this means I won't be able to go on my weekly bike ride with my girls bike group.

My husband is the best about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Last year, he had the high school art teacher help him make me a soup bowl. It says "Soup for my Soulmate". I love it! I tell myself every year I'm going to start shopping early and find him the perfect gift. It never happens. I ended up buying him a ceramic statue at the garden center. He deserves so much better!
    Awwe, that's so sweet. Yours sounds like a great gift too.
    My husband has got better at gifts over the years, but I have had some real doozies (set of home phones for my 40th, for example :| ). I've got much better at saying "For my birthday, if you'd like to get me a present, I'd really love X". Or I tell my daughter. She's very good at relaying 'hints' and he's relieved because he can get something he knows I'll like.

My husband is amazing at picking gifts for me. I, on the other hand, am the worst gift giver on the planet. Seriously. I always default to perfume because I just can't think of anything else... Even if I know the person really well! :-/ I'm just really, really bad at it. :(

confession: i am awesome at gift giving. i'm the crazy type that remembers six months ago you said you really wanted something, but could never justify getting it for whatever reason. i'd bust my *kitten* to make sure the gift i gave, meant something to the person, fit who they are, or allowed them to indulge when they themselves never would/could. i rock the giving of gifts.

actual confession: it took a really long time, and a lot of secret hidden internal disappointment, to realize no one ever puts in that type of effort for me. ever. (nobody cares, boo hoo, i know. yay personal pity party) but it actually really hurts, when you really dig deep and think about it.

so i quit. i quit making little notes to remember things about people, i quit spending hours on the net to find the out of print japan only release of an album that someone just would "die" to have but could never find it. no more care packages to people far away. i stopped picking up things here and there all year round because i knew it was just PERFECT for someone. i just quit.

and it's difficult sometimes. i'll see something and be like OH! PERFECT! but then i stop myself and just keep moving. and it's really lame that something like this is making me tear up while i'm at work, so i shall stop whining now before it really opens the floodgates.

I'm sorry you've gone through all of that. Ever thought of putting those awesome skills to use, though? You could become a personal shopper or consultant. People can contact you about whom they are shopping for, what their tastes are, their collections, etc. I think you'd be great at it!

you are seriously awesome, thank you :)

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I am at work and have to go #2, I take my phone with me so I can't read this thread :wink:

2b49d95d4a582cb4aa274d21aac855b4.jpg

I hate when I have to poop really badly & someone is in the stall right next to me.

OMG, this is soooo me.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I confess that I used to play Farmville & actually paid money for FVC LOL! I stopped playing when they had around 6-10 farms & it felt more like a job than a game.

I quit when they introduced the second farm. I wasn't happy with that at all... wanted to improve my farm, not have another one.

I don't mind paying a bit of money though, I mean I pay for games I like for my computer/PS4, so I don't find anything wrong with it... but when all the nice stuff would cost you $100 every month... no thanks!

I had the full series of Friends on tape.

I remember there were people that spent around thousands of dollars or more on FV. I hated that when they became the most greediest almost everything seemed to cost actual money & the things that were coins cost millions or you needed tons of neighbors to get buildings finished.

I love the games were you can add neighbors if you want but don't need them to play or advance to the next level.

Yup, I hate those games too. :( I was originally playing something called Family Farm Seaside, but it got to the point where I could no longer advance or do anything unless I paid real cash for stuff/added five million neighbors.

That's one of the best parts about Hay Day, for me. :) No neighbors, no adding people on FB to play with you, and no need for any actual cash! The "diamonds" do cost money, but they're also very easy to find in the mine or in the random pop-up treasure chests that show up here and there, so it doesn't matter. :)

Still wish Hay Day was on amazon kindle.

Township is the same though, you can easily get cash in the game, so it's pretty cool... plus you get to design your town and not just a farm. I love it.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Apologies for the binge posting, but I am now caught up. I tried doing the multi-quote thing once before, so there was only one post from me, but then i lost all the posts i quoted and replied to before i could hit send.

Gonna ask you all for a little advice. I go to the gym daily and mostly i tend to do cardio (treadmill) stuff, because i really like the high calorie burns my HRM gives me. But i need to do some strength stuff. I don't really know where to start and i'm too shy to ask. I thought I'd buy the NROLFW and see if i could do that. What do you think? What do you guys do?

Hello! I'm so sorry I missed this post! I started on NROLFW and I did the first stage, which was fine, but when I got to the second stage, I kind of felt like I had taken a step back because I had to learn a whole new set of moves and I didn't know how heavy I could start the weights with, so I gave up. I'm now on Strong Lifts 5x5 which is SOOOO much simpler! Only 5 exercises and you feel like you are progressing every gym session! Depends how confident you are in the gym. I felt like a complete idiot because I was trying moves I had never done before with the New Rules. The book is good for general information about strength training though, so you could still get the book and then decide? I wouldn't say the book was a waste of money. I regret nothing.

I did download the stronglift app, but i don't really get it.....?

This may have already been answered, but...

You do bench, rows and squats on Day One.

Then deadlift, OHP and squats on Day Two.

Then go back to Day One, rinse and repeat.

Take two rest days a week, at least. I only do SL 5X5 three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

ETA: If you don't know how to do one of the lifts correctly, Youtube it.

I confess the main reason I don't want to bother with that is because there's only one squat rack at my gym and I loathe having to wait in line to use equipment.

Use dumbbells at first!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

oh god sorry!!! I will endeavour not to spoiler. I'm such a huge GoT fan, TV series and books. I've just started reading them again. I love talking about it with other fans, but i don't know many people who've read the books :(

But i will say the books are better at some storylines, the tv show is better at others.

I refuse to watch the show until I read the books. I don't have HBO (or TV for that matter) but because I work in the communications industry and market HBO I get the DVDs. I Just pile them up to watch after I read the books.

I confess, now I think I am going to read the books regardless of having not finished my dissertation (bad move as I am a binge reader).

You've mentioned your dissertation before. Care to share your topic? What will your PhD be in? Will it change your current job or career path? Just curious. It's a common topic around my house as oldest son is ABD right now, with a PhD in history. He is determined to get his dissertation done as quickly as possible, but you know, life and stuff. He's going back to the college he finished his classes at to teach and work on it at the same time this fall.

Sure! So, I am a serial student. I have my DBA and my dissertation was "The changing dynamics of interpersonal relationships during multiple mergers". My PhD is in Organizational Leadership and Change and my dissertation is going to be on "The impact that a clique at the leadership level has on employee creativity and motivation". When I am done I will technically be Dr. Dr. (my committee chair the first time I defended my dissertation called me that when he learned I was going to go back for my PhD).

I have experienced both of these phenomenon at the company I am working at. And the research will be done there if I can get it done before it implodes, they sell my part of the business, or I get laid off (sudden motivation!). My company pays for most of my educations, so why NOT take advantage of it. :) I am fascinated by interpersonal relationships and organizational dynamics. And my career is in advertising (I work in the marketing communications department in the company I work for) but my undergraduate degree was in visual art... but I wasn't a very talented artist. :)

That was a bit of a mish mash of an answer, but there you go!

That is incredibly impressive! And what a perk to have your company pay for it. By all means, I'd take advantage of it as well. Those are very interesting topics to me as well. I've always been interested in interpersonal relationships and dynamics. Well done, Dr. Dr.! (and now the 80's song by the Thompson Twins is in my head)

For me, seeing "Dr. Dr." triggered the lyric from that Robert Palmer song, from back in the 80's...

...and with some refashioned lyrics, we'd get...

Doctor, doctor
    Don't gimme a cure
    I got a --
    -- 'bad' case of lovin' school...

;)

I'm getting the Doctor Doctor song by U. F. O. Which is just as dated.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Any chance you've already tried the Monster Cookie Dough ice cream? I'd love to know how it is...