Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the lovely congratulations wishes! I feel special :) The problem is I've been here before, never quite reached my goal (right now it's 145) and then gained it all back again. Any long-term maintainers got any tips?

I'm feeling guilty because my step count's been terrible for the past week. It's hot and I just can't get the energy up, and there always seem to be other things to do.

I'm sure everyone's strategy to maintain will be different, but I've maintained the same 5ish pound range for 2+ years now. For me, what's been helpful is having that 5 lb range and then continuing to weigh all the time (daily, typically) to make sure I'm in that range. I haven't logged food in maintenance other than an occasional spot check, because I got pretty good at estimating when I was losing. That being said, I know a lot of other people have been successful doing the opposite of me: tossing the scale and continuing to log food. So maybe staying mindful one way or another might be the ultimate tip.

(Seems a little weird saying this as I just confessed I'm really pissed because I'm one pound over what I want to be - but I'm quite sure it's just DOMS, so I figure I still count as a long-term maintainer).

I've been maintaining within a 5 lb range for over a year (until last month). I tried not logging food for 6 weeks and ended up 6 lbs over my lowest, so I'm back to logging now. I weigh daily, record my weight weekly. I'm trying to keep the same activity level as when I was losing weight. My ultimate goal is to be able to maintain within that 5 lb range without logging food. I think maintenance is harder than losing was!

Yes, definitely the bolded. I've always enjoyed being active - I just was enjoying my beer a bit too much/often - so keeping the activity was a no-brainer for me. If you hate being active though, don't force yourself to do it. I would think that would make you miserable, instead you'll just have to accept a smaller amount of calories as what you maintain on (e.g. my "sedentary" cals would be 1500-1600 to maintain. Because I'm decently active I maintain on about 2200).
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    There is a pic of my Noah in the random pics thread in the batcave.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    That sewing machine! I want!

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

The smell of Saturday morning bacon haunts me all weekend, too, it's terrible.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

I have long hair, down to nearly the bottom of my back. Sometimes I discover massive knots that seem to take up residence in my ponytail. I am 32 and need to be more self aware too!!

<3 loooove me some long hair. Brings out the *RAWR* in me. :naughty:

And then you could practice your french braids (plaits where I live) on it!

LOL please, go on... :innocent:

Funny thing is I see some women with this long, beautiful, silky smooth, flowing hair that looks like it's never once tangled, well my daughters hair is the exact opposite. Even with gobs of great conditioner, after a day of playing her hair becomes a full on gridlock. Thank God for the 'wet brush'. Such a lifesaver.

I have to use this or I cannot brush my hair: It is expensive but so worth it, I also figured out that I can water it down and make it go further.

Thanks for the post. I don't recall the bottle so maybe I missed it but I will check that one out!

I should have mentioned my daughter's hair. IT had a life of it's own when she was younger. She refused to have it cut. It moved around like brunette "Arial" hair. It was wavy and straight combined. She would not sit still to have it combed/brushed and always had knots in it. It really had so much personality - big moving hair and wild-child smiling girly girl running around getting grungy and muddy. <3

ETA it is a little lighter now but still brown and still beautiful. She can do anything with it and does.

:blush: Sounds just like my girl as well. She had tight ringlets but as she aged and let it grow out, they have gone away. I don't think they will return with a cut either. Now she's got some thick flowing wavy hair. Luckily she loves it and for the most part, tolerates me brushing it out properly.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

ETA: I "learned" to date in my 40's. I never "dated" like that before, I didn't know how to do it. It was so fun and cool (and scary) to discover so much about myself. I was always 100% myself and clear that I was looking for a good relationship. I did work hard on keeping good boundaries and only dating men who didn't raise red flags.

What are some red flags for people?
    The one's I really looked for:

Very angry/resentful toward someone (i.e., ex, mother, sibling, etc.) even if deserved it should not come out in date #1 or #2.

Pushing for "cuddles" or anything else very quickly.

Not understanding what an appropriate level of activity for a first or second date would be (i.e. writing a song for me after one email exchange, planning a weekend away in another state for a second date.)

Not having an appropriate job for his age (i.e. I am in the middle age dating pool, I want to date someone not support him financially.)

What other red flags come to mind?

For me, a big one would be either consuming too much alcohol in my presence or having way too many "funny" stories about stupid things done while drunk.

And indications of financial irresponsibility (also middle aged here). Like I dated one guy who told me he'd once had his water turned off because he hadn't been able to pay his bill.

Oh gosh, yes. When I was a young single mom starting to date again, one guy kept me on the phone for 40 minutes telling me all about how he beat up some guy at a bar while drinking because that guy disrespected him. He acted like I was supposed to be impressed, but I was seriously turned off by that. I had a young child, I didn't want to date some guy who flies off the handle randomly in public.

• berlynnwall
    Options
    Verklempt! I just dropped daughter at airport. She's flying solo - with a change of planes even. She is doing well overall. Eating is MUCH better, she stops when she is full. She is not obsessing so much over her weight. I hid the scale. I got rid of her FAT mirror. It was evil, added lumps and pounds to even her slender figure. She now comes and looks in my mirror which is not a mean, lying, evil mirror. She is much happier. She is looking forward to school and to checking out colleges. She is checking out one college this week. Oh, WestcoastJo I may have to ask you in PM where you are (of course you don't have to answer). I also may forget to do it as I am leaving tonight with SO.

Do you hear that? It is getting louder. In N Out protein style no cheese or sauce is calling me!! (It is unusual that I'm called by food so I must go check it out.) :wink:

I'm glad she is doing better. I hate mirrors like that.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Mine is just a basic little Brother but it is pale pink - I can't claim responsibility for that though as it was my mother's before she decided she needed a fancier one.

I'm glad you all understand my feelings about frying food in the house. Soooo stinky. We don't have an exhaust fan over our stove either (or anywhere in the kitchen), so everything I cook lingers unless I open the windows. Not too practical in our minus 40 degree winters either as it's a recipe for a burst water pipe.

So this doesn't help in the winter, but fry outside! I used to have a fry daddy that I could plug in, so I would plug it into the outdoor outlet and fry away. I'm debating setting up my camping stove outside the next time I do fried chicken to keep the fry smell outside, and I feel like that should work as well.

Re gross girls: I was an odd combination of total tomboy that loved to get dirty and rough house, but I would do it while wearing the most frilly dresses possible. My face and hair was always a super-mess though.

My daughters hair!.... I brush it constantly. Knotted up. I keep pushing her to be more SELF AWARE and start doing things for herself and without prompts. The struggle is real.

I will say I am quite proficient at simple braids though. I need to learn to french braid.

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

King's Dominion is on my list! Cedar Point is my favorite place on the planet, so I feel like I need to branch out to the rest of their parks. Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Dorney Park are all within a 1-2 hour radius.

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)

I've never been to Cedar Point! >_< I know it's gotta be great. I can't (yet) justify a trip that far away. For coasters here, Intimidator 305 is by far the best I have experienced. It's soooo fast and smooth like glass.

Just looking at this hill makes me all :mrgreen:
    5894214371_6b20a9fe32_z.jpg

• berlynnwall
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.
    Totally judging this lame bucket list item:

r971q0xyvju1.jpg
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I see "bucket list" pictures like this pinned on Pinterest or on FB, I want to yell at the person.

r971q0xyvju1.jpg
    :lol: I have rolled down many a hill in my time, so I'm surprised this would be on anyone's bucket list unless they grew up in a COMPLETELY flat area or something. My stepdad works at a company that holds a huge party every year, and last year I went with my family and I got my sister and her boyfriend to roll down the huuuuge hill with me ;)

Did I look stupid? Probably.... but hey, that kid part of me still exists! My sister's boyfriend was like 45 and I guess it still exists in him too :lol:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'm sure my hair embarrassed my parents. I would brush it sometimes, but it just would get crazy tangled anyway.

Mastering the braid will do wonders for you - I'm 33 and until I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut for the win!), my hair lived in a messy bun. I never really figured the hair thing out.

BTW - awesome on the amusement park NSV! I LOVE roller coasters.

Thanks! Worst times are after swimming or after waking up. I've made it a habit to braid her hair after her shower or before bedtime and that helps a LOT the next day.

I love coasters, too! The BEST part is Kings Dominion is a mere <15 minutes from home. We get season passes every year and we burn em up! It also has a water park inside so we often go swim then dry off by riding coasters before we leave. We also have a Busch Gardens-Water Country less than an hour away as well. Blessed!

King's Dominion is on my list! Cedar Point is my favorite place on the planet, so I feel like I need to branch out to the rest of their parks. Hershey Park, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Dorney Park are all within a 1-2 hour radius.

My fiance was going to propose on a coaster, until he realized how likely it was he'd lose the ring. We're that serious about our coaster love. ;)

I've never been to Cedar Point! >_< I know it's gotta be great. I can't (yet) justify a trip that far away. For coasters here, Intimidator 305 is by far the best I have experienced. It's soooo fast and smooth like glass.

Just looking at this hill makes me all :mrgreen:
    5894214371_6b20a9fe32_z.jpg
    Holy crap... that looks FUN. I love rollercoasters and can't imagine ever getting sick of them. One time I lost my phone on one, though.... so that sucked :( Never keep your cellphone in a loose pocket when you go on a rollercoaster!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Did when I was 6 in Texas- at my brothers soccer game and I happened to roll into an ant hill of red ants :/ All the moms came over and stripped me down and used the boys water bottles to get all the ants off when I started screaming.

Needless to say I have not rolled down a hill since!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Aww yay!! Congrats! Waiting is the worst...especially when it's so close to the end!
    Confession: My daughter is very pregnant and I don't want to wait any longer to meet my granddaughter! Have that baby already!

Yay for grandbaby! Do you know her name yet? I confess, I love to know baby names!

Same!! I hate when people won't tell until after. My friend had her baby boy yesterday and I just found out his name...Elijah David.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Ooo you're going to be a grammy!! Do you know what you would like to be called? Congrats!!

I already have a grandson - Noah James, he calls me Nana. He is getting a the little sister. (I also have two angel babies whose names are Lauren Adel and Landon David - my oldest sons babies who were born with a genetic disorder)

Love all those names and Lily Kay is super cute too! I remember you mentioning way back about your son's babies...so sorry again. :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Ooo you're going to be a grammy!! Do you know what you would like to be called? Congrats!!

I already have a grandson - Noah James, he calls me Nana. He is getting a the little sister. (I also have two angel babies whose names are Lauren Adel and Landon David - my oldest sons babies who were born with a genetic disorder)

Aw yay!! I love the name Nana, that's what I want to be when I have grandkids too!

Me too! That's what we called both of our grandmothers and that's what my mom wanted to be called by her grandkids. Our son has "Nana and Grampy" (my parents...RIP Mom), "Grandma and Grandpa" (my husband's mom and step dad) and a "MeMe and Pops" (husband's dad and step mom).
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

r971q0xyvju1.jpg

Did when I was 6 in Texas- at my brothers soccer game and I happened to roll into an ant hill of red ants :/ All the moms came over and stripped me down and used the boys water bottles to get all the ants off when I started screaming.

Needless to say I have not rolled down a hill since!

Sorry, I laughed.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How is tomorrow the day we leave for our belated honeymoon?! How did it get here so fast? I CANNOT wait to spend some serious quality time with the person I love most in this world. I don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

Have tons of fun & eatz allz the foodz!

I ate all the shrimp! I ate SO MUCH SHRIMP!!! B)

YOU'RE BACK! :D Welcome! Any shrimp left for us? I love shrimp so much... <3

I'm telling you, I ate it all. I even had the exact same dinner 2 nights in a row. It was so delicious. I found out, however, shrimp gives me terrible (stinky stinky) gas. Mr. Mo was not impressed. :blush:

Hahahahaha !!!

*front desk... do you have any Renuzit? Febreeze? Yankee candle? ANYTHING?!?!*

LMAO!

Or Beano!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

LOL, how cute & I am surprised he didn't give the ring to you right away.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 that's okay it's so far in the past I laugh now too! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 that's okay it's so far in the past I laugh now too! :)

Ok, I feel a little better laughing with you...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I'm almost 30 pages behind (largely avoided my laptop this weekend and was off today) but I'm still alive!

NSV: Put on a shirt today that I wore on vacation two years ago. The difference is huge, and that was such a great motivation boost!

Sweeet! Congrats! My NSV this weekend was going to the amusement park and not having to skip rides or sit in the XL seating, if available. I was able to ride rides that I had not since 2013. Rides that I also could not fit their restraints even just a few months ago. Made me feel really good!

Great NSVs!

Which ride did you enjoy the most?

My fav is the 300 ft Drop Tower. But the Dale Earnhardt Intimidator is the best coaster there. Sooo fast and smooth.

(Taken 4th of July before the fireworks)
    10400015_900396810031363_1211432755952258608_n.jpg?oh=462daef7ca739ab79eafb52ddf27faac&oe=561FEBE6

Yikes that looks so freaky!

This ride in Hawaii freaked me out!

caption.jpg

My sister & I were on a raft & I was around 300 at the time & was sitting on the side they pushed. My mom said we came pretty close to flying off the ride.

The only rides I pretty much despise are the ones that go around in circles or upside down a lot.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    May not be appropriate for @Susieq_1994!

Confession: I found out last night that a friend I used to work with has just been charged with second-degree murder of his wife, who has been missing since November. I'm having a hard time and am absolutely shocked, and still don't really believe it, even though the police quotes say he's been concealing the body at his home for the past 8 months. It just doesn't seem to compute at all against the person I remember.

This is just horrible. How do people do that? How do people not SMELL the decaying body?

They do smell it and they end up telling the police later that they felt bad for the guy or didn't really think anything of it because he is so nice! Like what happened with John Wayne Gacy.

Ahhh don't get me started on JWG!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothea_Puente

This lady was an older serial killer & she basically had a room in her house that they dubbed the killing room. She would board people that had mental, drug, or other issues & then steal their social security. Whenever they would figure out what she was doing she would murder them & then have the other tenants basically do "yard work" which more or less was graves for bodies.