5-23 rest

May Total: 89k
    May Goal: 100k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k

Monthly average: 149.875k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Scheduled rest day today. Big thunderstorms are coming, so golf is off the schedule for rest day activity.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-1 Freedom 5K (Will be off the schedule due to another commitment)
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    May goal:40 (stretch goal 50)

May Miles: 35.82
    5/5 - 7.55 Bloomsday (12k race) - official time: 1:32:51
    5/8 - 2.3
    5/9 - 2.42
    5/10 - 2.24
    5/13 - 1.3
    5/14 - 3.12 (ST)
    5/15 - 2.03
    5/16 - 3.01 (90s plank, ST)
    5/20 - 3.77 (60s plank)
    5/21 - 3.04 (60s plank, ST)
    5/22 - 2.03 (90s plank, Myrtl)
    5/23 - 3.01

This morning's run was great. It started out great and ended even better. I felt a little discomfort in my left foot at about one mile and I thought I was picking up the pace (I actually wasn't) so I backed off a little. I was using my New Balance shoes (they have ~200 miles on them) but I've been transitioning to Altra Escalante's and I think it was just that the support's different. Another half mile later that discomfort was gone and the rest of the run was fine. In fact, it felt so good that I gradually increased the pace over the last mile. I love finishing strong!

dz7t3q5rfzls.png

In a short while, I'll be joining coworkers for strength training. Tomorrow and Saturday are rest and cross days, respectively.

I am on track for my May goal, though I think I'll be short for the stretch because I took a little more time off surrounding my race earlier. That's okay. I'm really starting to get excited for my Half Marathon training and increased mileage the next couple months!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    simcon1 wrote: »
    Totally off topic, but I’m headed to New Zealand next month for work (flying into Auckland, conference is in Hamilton), and will have a couple days free after that. For those of you living there, does exploring Rotorua sound like a good plan? Any national parks not too far (like a few hours’ drive) that would be reasonable that time of year? Should I bring a tent? Um, tying back to make it relevant—any good places not to miss for running? :) Grateful for any advice..NZ feels pretty far away from the US West Coast!
    Cool! @ContraryMaryMary and myself are the resident kiwis! (there is another but can't recall their name off the top of my head)

Rotorua is awesome, lots to do - kinda a tourist mecca. Given its the middle of winter in August, a tent wouldn't necessarily be the best unless you are used to camping in the colder months. Tongorairo is definitely worth a visit. I'm in New Plymouth - about 4 hrs drive from Hamilton and there are good trails all around Mt Taranaki (and ill go for a run with you if we can make it work lol). It all depends what exactly you are into. It's skiing season as well and the slopes are only a couple of hrs drive from Hamilton

@Avidkeo First you casually comment that you have to sell your staff, and now time travel? What's next?

Bahaha well this time it's more to do with being upside down, than a typo lol.

No, it does not. Unless you think AUGUST is NEXT MONTH. I know y'all a bit ahead down there, but pretty sure you are not that far ahead. ;)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    SO!

I did it. I ordered a set of Trekz Aftershocks Titanium headphones. These are the BONE CONDUCTING kind that do not go in your ears at all. Amazon had them at $83 with Prime Shipping. Was hoping to try them today, but my schedule did not work out well, so hopefully tomorrow.

After I have had them for a bit I will post a review. So stay tuned! :)

I have these! They survived me dumping water all over my head for almost 5 hours the other day. Sometimes the sound gets a little vibratey, more than I'd expect for headphones I paid almost $100 USD on (I think because of sweat), but I do like them, can hear things around me, and the battery lasts forever before I need to charge them.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    SO!

I did it. I ordered a set of Trekz Aftershocks Titanium headphones. These are the BONE CONDUCTING kind that do not go in your ears at all. Amazon had them at $83 with Prime Shipping. Was hoping to try them today, but my schedule did not work out well, so hopefully tomorrow.

I have these! They survived me dumping water all over my head for almost 5 hours the other day. Sometimes the sound gets a little vibratey, more than I'd expect for headphones I paid almost $100 USD on (I think because of sweat), but I do like them, can hear things around me, and the battery lasts forever before I need to charge them.

You guys commenting on fancy headphones costing $100usd like that's expensive!

My plantronics coat me almost $200nzd and that's only because I got a good hospital discount, usually they are $220. That's 140usd approx. Just googled and they are $70 on amazon. Wtf? Even with shipping they are way cheaper to buy there and get sent over. I want to cry!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    2/3 of the way through my long slow run I was interrupted by a call from the jail, inmate having a seizure. Picked up pace but was at the bottom of this hill
    6tpcds6pp6hh.jpg

Continued at same pace up the hill and eventually over the top of the hill. Got picked up by one of our deputies about a mile out from the facility. Get back here and evaluate the inmate, me still in my dripping running gear, and he is uncooperative of course. Watch video of the entire episode, and can tell he is acting. Grrrr!

Anyways got a little over 5 in today, then had to run back to gym to get shower, after evaluating inmate.

This was supposed to be the break in run for these babies
    ne0yeiayvi8u.jpg

Nice kicks!

I heard a story about a drunk fella that crashed his car and faked being knocking out but EMT roused him with a chest rub and he went back to faking. So the ER doc left him strapped to the board and did a rectal to gauge the muscle response.... Guys faking, so they leave him strapped and propped sideways on the board. You'd think the drunk guy would object or fess up. Least you didn't have to check his muscle response...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    SO!

You guys commenting on fancy headphones costing $100usd like that's expensive!

My plantronics coat me almost $200nzd and that's only because I got a good hospital discount, usually they are $220. That's 140usd approx. Just googled and they are $70 on amazon. Wtf? Even with shipping they are way cheaper to buy there and get sent over. I want to cry!

Several of people I know down there say that electronics are all way pricier than they are here. My Bose Quiet Comfort Active Noise Canceling (total opposite in all ways from the Treks) were A LOT more than $140 USD if that makes you feel better. :) Of course, I would never wear them out running. When I put them on and play my tunes, the world goes away completely. They might not have the best sound in the industry, but they sound plenty good and block the world from my space. :)